All reviews one night walking holiday the owner small village bread fresh fruit attention to detail friendly hotel rooftop terrace home made lovely place only downside lots of character made us feel lounge area a stones throw quiet street
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Fantastic, family run hotel that is welcoming, spotlessly-clean, and immaculately furnished and decorated. First visit but definitely not my last. Would thoroughly recommend it to anybody wanting a quiet, relaxing break in a vastly-underestimated part of Spain.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Thomas R
Reviewed 11 May 2016

The room was extremely comfortable with good quality modern amenities and generous toiletries. It was light and airy with a private terrace and a rooftop terrace as well. The owner Merce was extremely friendly and helpful. She and her mother Rita cooked us the most wonderful meal. Certainly no need to go out to a restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank suehill330
Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

We have been on a walking tour of Catalonia and have stayed in some delightful small hotels along the way but Niu de Sol was by far our favourite. Merce has gone to endless trouble to make her hotel welcoming and comfortable. Not only did our room contain a sofa, kettle, endless tea bags and coffee with muffins but there was also an iron & ironing board, first aid kit, full sized bottles of body lotion, soap and shampoo in the bathroom and a really comfortable sitting room and a terrace with fleecy blankets to shelter under on cool evenings. Breakfast was superb too - homemade polenta cake, endless salami, cheese, fruit and tomatoes as well as bread and cereal. The hotel is clean and felt more like a home than many hotels and the owner Merce is simply delightful.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2015 via mobile

Our last night our walking holiday was here. It was a huge surprise to find such an unusual hotel in this location. A really friendly welcome was just what we needed at the end of our walk and that's why we received. Everything I the hotel was a mixture of new and traditional. The result was a very friendly family run style hotel. The breakfast was great with lots of choice and freshly made food. Love to go back and spend a few days in the hotel.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Mercè B, Propietario at Niu de Sol - Hotel Rural, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2015

Dear Alan: thank you very much for your excellent and detailed review. I don't need to be humble if I say that I love my job, and when this happens the visitors of my hotel notice the positive sensations and feelings that you commented. Thanks again and although we met thanks to Catalan Adventures, I invite you to come walking again. There are many others route to walk which I can suggest and I am sure you will enjoy.

Reviewed 14 September 2015 via mobile

Words fail me--this place is too special to use descriptions like fabulous or stunning, or even warm and welcoming, though it's all that. Mostly, it was just, well, just, uh, fabulous, and stunning and warm and welcoming. I've stayed in much more expensive hotels, and in fancier hotels, and in bigger hotels, but none better than this one. I could tell you about the beautifully understated decor, or the lovely living room--it's way too nice to be called a lobby--or the balcony that looks out over the countryside and the Mediterranian Sea a few miles away, but I see other reviews have said it already, and better than I could. I could tell you about the exceedingly pleasant young man who booked us into the room with very little English but with genuine smiles and helpfulness, or about the best breakfasts I've ever had at a hotel, but that's been said too. I will mention the owner, Merce, who seems to embody her hotel; warm, kind, helpful and just plain nice. Not professionally nice, just humanly nice. I could go on, but I won't. Just go and see for yourself, you will be so glad you did.

Erick Miller
Fresno, California
USA

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple

Wow Erick!!! Now it is me that I am stunned. What a nice review of the hotel facilities, of my employers, of me!
You commented "the words fail to describe...". Do you want to know the key word of your text? "Special". I connect with all that is special and you too. It appears that some people notice when something is special. Niu de Sol is more than a hotel and I adore this. I thank you very much: your words hadn't failed, they arrived!