All reviews the cottages honor bar da smoke pot other guests sound of the waves enjoy the beauty get away dusk and dawn snorkel spot general vibe new arrivals wonderful spot recommend da great hosts baby oil atlantic side paddle boards
Reviewed 5 April 2018

If you want to get away...this is the place!!!!!
If Robinson Crusoe went on vacation this would be the spot.
All the 'rooms' are different we stayed in the Garden View only a few steps from
the beach it was great!!!!!
Leslie served a few great dinners for all the guests, otherwise self catering works fine
in the room kitchen, or great take out with Odette (ask Leslie).
All in all a great place!!!! Do NOT forget to Peddle board with Yoda.....

Room Tip: All the rooms are cool
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 298TimC
leslie k, Owner at Pigeon Cay Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Hi Mr. Tim.....
Thanks you for your kind note. Happy to have met you both, always a pleasure to have some charactors coming for a visit. All the best

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I don't like to comment on those places that I will return to again and again but that's not fair to places like this that are family owned and operated. This, for us, has everything that we want/need. Its the perfect combination of beach, activity, peace and quiet, going out, staying in and friendly, helpful hosts. Been there the last three years and will be back next year (and the next...). Best value in the Bahamas in our opinion(but have only been on 8 of the islands). Give it a try... I don't think you will be disappointed.

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank GGMac10
Reviewed 20 March 2018

This was my boyfriend and my first time visiting Cat Island, and we had such a great time- thanks in large part to Leslie at Pigeon Cay! Some of our priorities when planning the trip were being right on the beach, having a kitchen so we didn't have to eat out all meals, having paddle boards/kayaks to use and not needing to rent a car the whole time- and Pigeon Cay delivered.

Loved all of the beach toys available- took full advantage of the free paddle boards and used the kayaks to paddle to a lovely nearby area to go snorkeling. Leslie and Ned's dog, Youda (aka the Lifeguard of Pigeon Cay), loves taking paddle board and kayak rides and was so sad if he was left on land. I've never seen a dog with such good balance in the water! Many of our photos have Youda as the star, and we can't wait to go back and paddle board with him.

Leslie was very helpful in coordinating a car rental for us for couple of days and in providing advice and tips for what to see, do, eat and explore! We ate dinner at Pigeon Cay three nights when they cooked and it was always delicious- the "Conch Out" night was our favorite. Leslie was always there if we needed anything, from more beach towels to ice, or to answer questions (and I always have plenty!). She helped us get reservations at Da Smoke Pot, where we had such a fun evening with the rake and scrape band.

We enjoyed our stay in the little Sea Studio, although we were hardly inside except to sleep. It was so nice falling asleep to the sound of the waves. Plus, it's about 10 steps to the beach! Also, loved the idea of an honor bar, where we could play bartender and choose from wine, beer or mixed drinks and just write down what we had.

If you are looking for an Atlantis-style luxury resort or an island experience with lots of nightlife, fancy restaurants and high-speed cable and Internet, Pigeon Cay may not be the place for you. But, if you want to really disconnect, explore a beautiful and remote island, get a feel for the local culture and really make new friends while doing it- go see Leslie and Ned at Pigeon Cay. NOW!

Stayed: March 2018
3  Thank Hana B

So great to have the two of you discover Pigeon Cay and come stay, be apart of our family for a few days. We look forward to your return....and Youda to.........

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Our third visit and we love it. If you’re looking for a fancy, happening resort then don’t stay here. If you want peace and quiet, gorgeous beach then this is the place. You need the right attitude and you must go with the flow. The cottages are very nice, comfy but not fancy. Leslie and Ned and their sons are welcoming hosts and very accommodating. They work 24/7 but are always gracious. Leslie greets you with “welcome home” and you just relax. The four dogs greet you with barks but quickly become your friends. Cat Island is basic and the folks are lovely.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

The two stars are for the beautiful beach only. Unfortunately, I was only able to glance at for
thirty seconds before my family and I were kicked off the property. We were given a map of Cat Island and Pigeon Cay was circled on it with a palm tree for a must stop beach destination. These maps are being handed out by multiple property & Resort owners. Pigeon Cay needs to be crossed off!! We were told by Shana’s Cove & The Smoke Pot as well to stop here for drinks and spend the day at the beach. So, a few days ago we drove 40 minutes there. I walked up the steps to see if we had found Resort, since we had passed by it once already. I walked back down the steps one minute later and the owner was at the car already asking us to leave the property. She and her dogs seemed unhappy we had even pulled in to Pigeon Cay. She explained it is for guests of the resort only as well as the beach. We honestly were not aware that we would be unwanted here! We have visited every resort and restaurant on Cat Island during our month here and everyone has welcomed us with open arms. When she shunned us away I thought to myself wait a minute beaches are public places, right? So, I asked her if she owned the beach and she said yes. No one owns a beach anywhere, unless they purchase their own island. I thought her unfriendly-unwelcoming behavior was rude and I will not recommend any of my family, friends, or customers to this resort for vacation. I recommend Shanna’s Cove or Fountain Bay. As a business owner myself, I would never treat potential patrons in that manner. This is the only place on Cat I can’t recommend thus far.

Stayed: March 2018
6  Thank 14Global
leslie k, Owner at Pigeon Cay Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Madame, Funny how you have changed your story.... first of all I did not kick you off the property, secondly I gladly welcome friendly, courtious outside guests that come by to see Pigeon Cay and have a cold beverage at the Beach Bar or make reservations for Dinner. When you stated that you were here to take advantage of our beach for the day I simply stated that our beach was for our guest use and gave you directions to other of the many beaches on the island that are accessible to persons like you that were renting a Private Home and did not have direct access to beach front property. It is my job and my right as the owner of the property to protect my guests and their privacy. Perhaps next time you go to a Beach Resort you should ask before presuming you can demand to use the facilities. Good Day!