All reviews bone fishing pool villa other guests our honeymoon congo town white sand water sports daily snorkeling small gym south andros every meal puddle jumper got bitten laid back nature walk screened porch boat captain
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I have travelled across the world for nice resorts and this is a really special one. Thanks Wilfried and the team for making our honeymoon a really special one. I won’t forget how the staff and even the guests congratulated us - how cute!! The Resort is small enough to provide you with really personal service and special experience.

The resort is secluded (but with good WiFi) so be prepared to be disconnected from the world. We took the plane to Congo Town airport and the hotel arranged a pick up (taxi + boat) for us. We are really glad that Wilfried offered us an early check in so we can start enjoying the pool villa earlier. The villa is really comfortable with good shower. Soft drinks in the mini bar are also complimentary. I also glad that there are mosquito spray and coconut oil in the cool to help us stay away from the flies and mosquitos that are unavoidable on such an outlying island surrounded by greeneries.

Finally I also want to mention the food which was great! Every lunch/dinner we have 2 main courses to choose from, all of them are surprisingly delicious (I had no expectation on food in resorts given my experience in Bora Bora...).

Overall it was a lovely stay. Really glad to meet Wilfried and the team at Tiamo. I wish to go back one day!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Vincent W, General Manager at Tiamo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear halenhelen,

first point, again Congratulation !!
and thank you for coming From Hong-Kong for your honeymoon in our secret place in the Heart of the Bahamas
Tiamo resort's Team and I realy appriciate you time to write comment about your stay in our property.

Tiamo resort, "On vous aimes"

Best Sunny regards

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Husband decided to go there with 2 kids so we went as a family of 4. This place is run by French management and colored service workers. I don't belong to either race and the staff there is super lovely. I loved the servers and all the providers who made our stay easy-going.

However, the staff there is gracious but you can still feel they are not happy working at the hotel. The vibe of the place is very strange and uncomfortable and we were the only guests there.

My husband read the comments before we go there and bought 3 bottles of super strong deet to make sure we got some good coverage and it is real. I refrain myself from going to the beach altogether and stayed in the room. We were thinking of going to the restaurant to eat dinner but I don't think any scene is pretty enough for us to put up with the flies or got bitten so we ordered room service every night.

We got bitten so badly and it sucks so much that I can't enjoy outside as much as I want to because of the flies situations. The marine life is beautiful but nature is a double-edge sword and my kids and I are the poor victims. My son got bitten so badly the teacher thought he has chicken pox after we came back. I just worn long sleeves and pants in the hot weather and it just wasn't worth it. My husband is curious and he always want to go off the beaten path and he is definitely burned this time.

Room is clean and we enjoyed the swimming pool every day.

Upon check in, my husband provided a credit card on file, and he went to finalize the charges the night of, and also the morning of checking out. While we were at the small local airport, the hotel told the taxi driver that the Visa credit card that we have on file doesn't work. We travel so much and that Visa card has triple point for travel and food (to my dear travelers here you probably know which Chase Visa I am talking about). All the cards that we have work, and he threatened us that he would have to call the custom and the plane company to NOT let us board if he can't run our credit card. My husband called the bank and the bank said the hotel did not even attempt the charges. Very obvious that their Visa card terminal didn't work and the management accused us for not paying. I don't know what kind of practice it is. Consider a small island, similarly speaking, you can't beat Maldives for having the worst internet connection and being extremely remote and our credit card still got charged there, I don't understand how they run this place and they had to treat people so ...backward and uncivilized.

So we gave them the AMEX card which, has no triple miles but we need to carry on and just really don't want to be stuck in this island and got bitten hundred more times. The management said it is the law to hold our flight hostage. We have traveled so much that 1. If you don't even attempt to charge our credit card, charges won't go through 2. Holding our flight hostage because your GD credit card terminal doesn't work and it is the Bahamas' law. Now we are talking.

If you read my previous reviews, I fly first class and stayed at many big and small, chain and individual places. I normally don't express my negativity so much but hosting my family or any family hostage because your machine doesn't work really speaks volume of how you guys run the place and it is really not a tolerable standard. It is really not classy.

I am really disappointed and it leaves a dent for Bahamas. My husband booked some other hotels in Bahamas prior to this trip, but if it is the Bahamas's law to hold my flights as a hostile because of some errors from some hotel's end, I would just go back to. St Barths. I always love St Barths and just have no reason to suffer from this.

I would have given a 1 star but the nature was still beautiful although probably not any part of the resorts doing, likewise for the doctor flies and the millions of mosquito.

Lastly - we have a record of the back-and-forth regarding the credit card situation and the exchange with the management regarding our flight out of South Andros and our credit card company. I will disclose the information if we see fit.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Luxship
Vincent W, General Manager at Tiamo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear LuxShip,

I am sorry that you had to suffer from the excess insect populations during your stay, but unfortunately, the first tropical storm that passed on us, the days before your stay, we are only at the beginning of the hurricane season of the year, so water is in abundance, our protections against insects are not effective enough until the sun does not resurface. Do you remember walking with the family during the rain ?
When to read, that the staff of the hotel does not like working on the hotel, since 2010 that I am on proprtyt, never, I saw such comment - no any regular customer aske me /return of such a thing, which seems to me horrible and shocking my team to read your comment.
Having the hotel just for either, the beach, the water sport, the staff fully dedicate once again the staff seem not to like their work yes the indeed not good
but ... People pay a lot to have this kind of exclusive service ... but yes, you went to dinner at 18h in your room.
Yes indeed, I am a shopkeeper and as all customers included me, we must pay the bill of departure of the hotel, yes departure system Express, but it does not exist on our hotel we have only 13 homes for 33 guests, never a guest left without going through the front desk to retrieve his credit card receipts, see and check the final bill of departure, leave tips (you love the serveurs but as strange and uncomfortable staff) - also sign our gold book , despite the insects and tell me otherwise of this inconvenience-I would not say to greet the team because in your eyes, he does not like to be on Tiamo so can be disturbing, I do not know
for my part, being forced to call the taxi to have the details of the credit card, because for security reasons we do not design any memory card in our computer systems or paper file, make two attempts and have a bank refusal ( I have receipts proving the denial of debit of your VISA- and not a connection problem as it is legibly displayed on transaction error receipts) - then indeed have your American express for the settlement of the credit note. Final of the extra of your stay, this last credit card is spent INSTANTLY- and you make a refund of invoice regulator, there also INSTANTLY credited on the first VISA card, it shows that our system worked, no! -
how to protect it from any fraud when the customer is already part of the hotel, yes, indeed, we block his departure temporarily, having worked on St Barth believe me the principle is the same we temporarily block access to the plane to receive the payment before leaving the ground because after more no possible recourse - this seems extreme, but I must say that leave without seeing the note and not ask to sign the already strange credit card receipts, followed by two refusals of debit card by the banking system - understand the fear of the trader who do not know who you are and even whoever you are, we hope to be settled the bill - so all means are good to receive this regulations and they are 100% used.
many customers have had concerns about transactions in the Bahamas or elsewhere around the world, please rest assured me included, but the fraudulent transactions are many that bank and credit card, especially if it does not have the information of your travel, instantly blocks transactions by prevention.
Once again since 2010, this is the first time that I had to run after paying a hotel bill - you were afraid of being blocked, like me I was afraid of not being settled .

Reviewed 1 June 2018

In addition to Tiamo Resort being a hidden paradise, the staff is exceptional and treated us so nicely, so attentive. Wonderful, relaxing massage with Maria and very knowledgeable and friendly diver Lead (Nicolas) for a snorkeling or diving experience.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vincent W, General Manager at Tiamo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Dear Linnheather,

Tiamo resort's team and I, really appriciate your time to write your experience in our "Secret" Place in The Heart Of THe Bahamas.

Again Congratulation, and hope to see you for your Anniverssary.
Best Sunny Regards

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

This is the second time we visit Tiamo. We came back because the beach, water and secluded location make it a great retreat. It is really the opposite of those big Nassau resorts
and people that appreciate nature and quietness will enjoy. The food is amazing, enjoyed every meal and it shows the great care they put into it and the sophistication of the chef in this rustic place (yea, sounds contradictory but truth). The staff is great and super friendly and we felt really comfortable with everyone.
The rooms are comfortable and have everything you need to relax m sun. This is an early to bed, early to rise kind of place, perfect for those who need to recharge.
Certainly the mosquitoes are a pain so come prepared, but that is part of being in nature. Talking the sailboat and paddle boards was so much fun. Certainly avid fishers and scuba divers will speak for the excursions, but we just came here to relax.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear LosAngelesTravellina,
Dear Ambassador,

Tiamo Resort's Team and I, be happy you be-back for second time in our Secret Place, and enjoy our Spririt of Well-Being.

We wait for You Next Year for your 3rd time.

Tiamo Resort" on Vous Aimes" !

Reviewed 13 May 2018

This is such a unique resort and you do feel very privileged to visit here. A lot of detail to the menus for Breakfasts, Lunches and dinner is over the top with candles, seating and views. Each evening you’re seated in a new spot.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Judy D
Vincent W, General Manager at Tiamo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear Judy D,

Tiamo resort's Team and I really appriciate you Comment.

Now you know were we are, So Simple to disconect with the World and enjoy our Spirit of well-being with our unique French Signature in The Heart Of The Bahamas.

Tiamo Resort, "On Vous Aimes" !