7,143 results
All reviews royal towers water park west tower meal plan lazy river dolphin cay per person marina village bimini road family vacation marine life dining plan johnny rockets rapid river leap of faith seafire steakhouse bahamian club
Reviewed 2 May 2018

This is long but worth it. The Atlantis is an AMAZING place to visit. It is as large as the commercials show and all in all we had a great time. We traveled with my 76 year old Mother in Law. Please note, the property is too big to expect them to walk it, no matter how many times you stop and rest. We ended up renting her a scooter from Cardinal Mobility and it was the best $50 a day we spent as she was able to follow us all over the resort. As far as the food prices being high, they are…you can expect to pay no less than $75 a meal…unless you share which is what we did a lot. The food they serve at all restaurants is enough for two people anyways Every single place we ate, the food was freshly prepared and delicious. From hamburgers to conch salad If you drink, be ready to pay no less than $7 a beer! As far as water, you can drink the water in the Bahamas, we did every single day!
If you are a family with children, this is the resort for you. It has an amazing water park. My husband and I did the Rapid River Ride and that was incredible! As far as beaches, there are some but not like if you were in Cozumel or Grand Cayman, etc. I.e., you’re not going to walk of your hotel and be on the beach and the sand is VERY hard to walk on and you sink down. It is NOT packed down. The water was extremely cold for April and so we didn’t swim a lot in the ocean!
If you love to gamble, the Casino is amazing…they are constantly coming by every 5 minutes literally to fill your glass and you drink free if you’re playing and the slots do pay out!!!
Bring your cute cover-ups and your cute sundresses as they are very popular here. There are numerous upscale restaurants to eat at as well, but we refused to pay $40 a person for breakfast…lol Please be sure and visit Murray’s Deli, the food there is delicious
As far as the hotel itself, we had a harbor side view room and the view is absolutely amazing…either in the daytime or the nighttime as you can see the harbor and all the cruise ships docked and you can also look to the left/right and see the big blue beautiful ocean as well. I, myself, cannot justify spending what we spent for the room though…the room was nice, but it was not overly nice and nowhere near the price we paid

Room Tip: Highest floor Harborside view is the best
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Kathy C
Reviewed 30 April 2018

We went to this resort to spend the day at the waterpark. Beware, Beware, Beware....have all of your documents printed before you arrive. If you need to print anything at the resort, it cost over $3.00 per sheet of paper.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank screennameBRB
Reviewed 30 April 2018

We checked into our hotel room to fine that we had 2 double beds and a mediocre view of the ocean. When I booked our hotel room, with Atlantis, I distinctly asked for a king bed (told the agent to put that in the notes) and also a view of the ocean with no obstructions. When we arrived to our hotel room, located at the West Tower of the Royal, we found both; double bed and mediocre view. I went to call the front desk (after walking about 1/2 mile from the front desk to our room - it's a huge property) and the phone didn't work. At that point I was rather upset. We went to the front desk and the girl at the concierge desk was rude (should have gotten her name) and demanded to speak to her boss at that point. That's where Shenequa Curry came in. She didn't bat an eye and automatically upgraded us to a suite with a king bed and wonderful view. We were so pleased with the room! However, the prior room we had was standard (I wouldn't suggest this). So, thank you to her for making the room situation right. I will mention that the Royal rooms need a complete renovation. The hotel rooms are very old (probably the original 25 years ago). Our suite was "nice" because of the amenities in it; 2 bathrooms, HUGE balcony, family room, etc... But the decor, carpet, furniture need a complete make over. Being how expensive this hotel is (and the food and liquor/beer are NOT cheap)...I was disappointed to pay what we paid (even though we got upgraded to a suite).

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank aniner2018
Reviewed 30 April 2018

My husband and I just spent 6 days/5 nights here in April 2018. We were both very disappointed. Our room was ‘worn out’ looking and just an average hotel room. We requested a king size bed and received two queens. This was a company group trip so we were placed on an all inclusive budget (which all-inclusive is being done away with) within the Royal Towers only. If we ventured out among the property near one of the other towers with our color wristband we were not waited on. I guess we learned we were not supposed to be out of our “tower area”. The Royal tower area is a glorified (dirty) waterpark where there are a lot of kids. Now if your looking for that kind of vacation, great but if your not, it’s not enjoyable anywhere around the slides or pools in this area. Also, families hoping for an inexpensive vacation....think again.

The prices on everything on the property is inflated plus expect to pay a gratuity tax and VAT tax on every single purchase. No options. So, my chicken salad for lunch would have cost me $24 plus 15% gratuity and a 7% VAT tax. (22% on every item, including expensive bottled water).

The facilities are well used, worn out and frankly dirty. I never saw any staff cleaning the grounds areas the entire time we were there. Only housekeeping and the grounds crews in FRONT of the tower that can be seen from the street. The cave tunnel near The Beach Tower pool - gross! Extremely old looking and unclean. Avoid the bathrooms in this area! All the property aquariums are not well maintained either. The glass is dirty to look through and an abundance of debris and algi is badly built up. I felt sorry for the sea animals trapped in here.

The Bahamian Club restaurant was delicious. Staff here and all over the resort are very slow, don’t expect to get in/out of any restaurant. Our dinner took almost 2 hours. The pizzeria was a more casual/carry out location near the marina but their pizza was delicious. Just expect to pay $30 plus the two taxes for an 18” pizza.

We rented a private cabana for two days because they seemed cleaner than the rest of the property. We were supposed to have a waiter/service person take care of us throughout the day as part of our rental fee. We saw someone once each day of our rental. The person that waited on us the one time was also responsible for the entire pool area and beach area. Not enough personnel to handle this quantity of people.

Construction is underway on two of the older towers on the property near the Beach Tower which includes jack hammers removing the outside concrete patios on the building. Very loud throughout the day.

All in all we were very disappointed, we made the best of a bad situation but I would not personally recommend this property. For such a hyped up place on television, it is quite disappointing.

Room Tip: Avoid Royal Towers, try Reef or Coral
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KampKraus
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Beautiful resort but if you don’t opt for the all inclusive plan it is crazy high for food. We had scrambled eggs, bacon and fruit for breakfast and it was $75!! A Snickers bar $4.15, and a 2oz water 5.39. There were no reasonably priced places to eat, you could not get a hamburger for less than $15.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple