“Best Time Ever”

The Bearded Clam Sports Bar
Ranked #9 of 308 Restaurants in Nassau
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

What a great little spot. Off the beaten path a d just a small place. The drinks were great. Our server was hysterical and helpful. We also had conch fritters and they were delicious. If your in Nassau, take some time and stop in for a drink. We loved the wet lizard and the clam number. Plus the crowd was fun, singing along with music and sharing drinks. Also get a color changing glass.

llb1212, Owner at The Bearded Clam Sports Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

One of the things we strive for here at the Clam is good food, with good, fun service. Your on holiday, laugh a bit. I'm happy to ear you had a good time and enjoyed the food and drinks. Did you do the Clam Numer challenge??lol
See you again I hope.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Our first visit to the Bearded Clam was in 2017 and a great time. Friendly server, excellent food and we found a primo spot to sign on our names on the wall. Stopping in to try some conch, our server directed us to the cracked conch, deep fried pieces of conch with dipping sauce and two sides. Having remembered our visit fondly, we stopped in with friends on our next trip to Nassau.

We ordered 2 of the drink specials (warning, we didn't know they'd be $16 each) and three other drinks.

Service started off well with a friendly server but fell apart after we received our drinks. The two people who ordered cracked conch platters got theirs fairly promptly, although the appetizer came at the same time as those two meals.

Two more guests plates arrived about 10 minutes later. One was a fish sandwich with no tartar sauce. We waited almost 15 minutes for the server to come back to ask for tartar sauce at which point we were told there was no tartar sauce (though the dipping sauce for the cracked conch seemed to be tartar sauce). She was given garlic mayo instead. By this time her dish was cold and she doesn't like garlic so the plate went mostly uneaten. No comment from the server.

The final guest plate (the taco trio) came AFTER the conch plates had already been cleared, 20-25 minutes later! When 5 people sit down to eat a meal together, they expect to eat together. :(

The taco trio was supposed to come with fries but arrived with rice. When the server was asked he said that was the old menu. Well, the old menu was what we were handed and what we expected to get when we ordered.

The server said the kitchen was swamped (in a less than half full restaurant) and comped a beer for two of the guests. We left pretty unhappy and I told the server I was but he just walked away and never came back, nor did anyone else. I don't know what to say. I like the food here. I like the funny little alleyway it's located on. But the experience was pretty unacceptable. At the very least the cost of the last two meals should have been comped. It wasn't busy enough to blame the kitchen. Bad management, I guess.

1  Thank DishAndDelish

I am very sorry that you didn't enjoy your time with us.
Regarding the drink special (Panti Rippa) your getting a pretty good deal. We pour 2 1/2 shots in the drink then top it off with a miniature bottle of Bacardi. I'm sure outside of the Bahamas, it would have been much more than 16.00. Its a very popular drink,
I am very sorry about your food coming out at different time. As is the trend now in a lot of places that make their food from scratch, we serve the meals as they are finished, so nothing is waiting and getting cold. Some plates take a little longer than others. There is no excuse for waiting for sauce, etc for your meals. Your server should have definitely been more attentive, and there is no reason he should not of offered another sauce if you mentioned the no garlic to him. The tacos should not have taken so long, and with reference to CHIPS on the menu, it is tortilla chips, not french fries. But if that is something you wanted we have no issues catering to our customers different food choices. Unfortunately we were out of town, and I spoke with our manager and she said this was never brought to her attention or she would have definitely taken care of any issues you had. I have spoke with your server too and showed him your review. He was very embarrassed and I am hoping that not only with our constant training, and discussions, but with seeing your review that he has learned something more. I apologize and hope that you give us another try.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

such a great place!! Kalin is the best! Ask for him. Great food and drinks!!!!!!!!! Love this place. Kalin is awesome.

llb1212, Owner at The Bearded Clam Sports Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

So happy you had a great time and I’ll be sure to let Kalin know that he took care of you and you appreciated his service and helped make your experience great
Thanks for stopping in and see you again

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Nicole, Cori & Benson are amazing and made the experience at the BC fantastic!

Best bartender and assassins in the Bahamas!

#itaintgonnalikeitsself
#clameatingchampion
#clamfam

Justin
Wow thanks so much. I will be sure the staff sees your review. I am so glad to hear they made your time fantastic. Now that we are your new favorite we look forward to seeing you more.
Thanks again and see you soon

Reviewed 5 March 2018

During a sightseeing trip to the town of Nassau we stopped by the Bearded Clam.
It's a bit hidden away between buildings and down an alley way, but we managed to find it and stopped by for a cocktail and a bite to eat.
It's a fun place with an emphasis on adult humour, and the staff are nice and offered good insight to the menu.
Both food and drinks arrived quickly and tasted good.
Would probably go again.