All reviews close to downtown junkanoo beach big flat screen iron board free continental breakfast west bay street one night stay front desk staff stayed here fish fry partial ocean view yogurt would stay here again beautiful hotel minute walk walking distance pool side
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Customer service was very good and came with free breakfast everyday. We had a water problem which was fixed in reasonable time. Rooms were clean and the balcony was great with a beach view. It’s right across the street from the beach where most of the cruise ship people visit. Other hotels may offer a better deal for the price.

Stayed: May 2018
Sonia B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your feedback and glad to hear that the room was clean. I want to apologizes to hear about the water problem nd glad that it was fix in a reasonable time. We look forward to your next visit with us hopefully soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

We're the type of traveler that sleep and shower only in the hotel, we don't actually hang out since there's much nicer place to see outside. Location is really good, close to downtown and bus stops. Since it's on the street it gets a little bit noisy. Basic continental breakfast, I hope they'll have more fruit options. We just didn't like the fact that there was an additional cleaning fee per person per night of $20 usd, they should've included that when you book their hotel. And also when you book a room, the description says "ocean view", they should be specific with that I guess like "partial ocean view". Staff was really nice!!! They will always give you a warm welcome and very approachable. Robertha, Katera and Kendea are very helpful too. Actually all the staffs, some doesn't have name tags tho. Keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JulieAnnSamia
Sonia B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you for your comments. I am happy to read that you liked our location. My team are delighted with your praise and I am genuinely touched you appreciate our efforts. I am sorry you to hear you had some issue with the $19.90 can you reach out to me to discuss this. We do hope to see you soon in the future.

1-242-422-0266
gm@hiexnassau.bs

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We had a horrible experience with this hotel last week. After 10 hours in the Nassau airport trying to get home to NY in a storm, my family (2 adults and 2 small children) desperately needed a hotel for the night. Given the high cost of taxis from the airport, we filtered a search online for a hotel with an airport shuttle. One available hotel showed up with an advertised shuttle, this Holiday Inn Express. There were a number of extra fees tacked on to the "rate" of $253 a night including a $20 per person cleaning fee. Pausing here to acknowledge how ridiculous it is that a hotel rate does not include the service of cleaning the freaking room. But we paid those fees because of the "value" we were getting with the shuttle.

We booked the room and checked to see when the airport shuttle would make its next route through the airport. It turns out that the advertised airport shuttle was not a shuttle at all, but an airport transfer service that they charge $40 per person for. We called the hotel immediately to cancel the reservation and the manager refused to cancel it. We tried to explain that we booked in a hurry after a long tough travel day so that our kids would have somewhere to sleep that night but that there were better cheaper options for us given the shuttle situation. The manager refused to release us. It was 10 minutes from when we booked to the room to when we called to cancel the reservation and they refused to help us. No compassion. No understanding.

We paid for a taxi to get to the hotel to appeal to the manager directly and were told that the manager had since left and nobody cared to help us. We could either leave and pay for 2 hotels or bite the bullet and stay there. We stayed.

The kicker was that after walking around barefoot for 5 minutes in the room, below was the bottom of our feet. I guess they aren't making very good use of the $20 per person "cleaning" fee. Avoid this place.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
10  Thank dailyside
Sonia B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a feedback in regards to your stay.
I am truly disappointed that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations and I would like to take this opportunity to apologies for the disappointment cause.your overall experience was not satisfactory. Unfortunately, the reservations that you booked was an advance purchase that was unable to be cancel.
Once again I do apologies and I would like you to reach out to me via phone or email gm@hiexnassau.bs or 1-242-422-0266 so that I speak to you in a more personally way.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We spent one night at the Holiday Inn Express, and it was one that will always be fondly remembered. 14th January , 2018 was a rather, cool, rainy and windy night in Nassau. However, we had a most comfortable and cozy night in the hotel. The room was very clean, beautiful décor and the bed was most comfortable. The front desk clerks, security and every one we met were polite and friendly and very helpful. The price of the room was also very affordable and we considered it value for money spent. I would highly recommend it as a comfortable and secure hotel to relax in.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Sonia B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you so much for taking to write such great feedback.
I am pleased to read that your overall experience was to your satisfaction. It is always a pleasure to read that the team delivered a great service.
Thank you again for sharing your experience.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Rooms were fairly big but small bathroom. Across the busy street to Junkanoo beach. However, they don’t keep the beach clean. Five minute walk to downtown Nassau and Fish Fry. Lots of traffic on the street. Staff is very nice and helpful.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I have spoken to Mr. Cleare who is in charge of the beach to have it clean every morning and also working with Ministry of Public Works to get a cross walk from the hotel to the beach.
I hope when you visit with us again all of this will be rectify.
Thanks again for your review.