All reviews commonwealth restaurant service button water closet big casino manor bar beach service grand hyatt in room dining half bath memory foam jumby bay an ocean view king room spf sunscreen help guests food and drink orders marble bathroom resort view
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Rosewood BahaMar sets a new standard for luxury and world-class service in the Bahamas. The property is gorgeous and it is evident that the Rosewood has made an effort to attract the absolute best talent available. Our three butlers were phenomenal and at our beckoned call 24 hours a day. Tariel was simply amazing as he greeted us each day by text to determine our daily desires. Whether it was diner reservations, special arrangements, activities for the kids, or simply ensuring that everything met our expectations. Tariel was attentive and available. The bar staff is second to none. Abigail in the living room greeted us each day with a smile and a hug. Her excitement and enthusiasm made for an incredible pre dinner and night cap experience each night during our stay. It’s impossible to remember each staff member but It is obvious that the Rosewood values world-class service. The Baha Mar property is also fantastic. We had 3 separate and distinct dining experiences that were all amazing. Katsuya, La Filia, and Shang Ba were all amazing experiences with great food and awesome service. The folks at Atlantis must be shaking in their boots because Baha Mar is unbeatable.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
RW_Baha_Mar, General Manager at Rosewood Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Greetings Darrell S,

Thank you so much for your review. Our butlers are a shining example of our intuitive and refined Rosewood service and I’m so thrilled that Tariel and team took such good care of you and your family during your recent stay with us. I’ll be sure to share your kind and encouraging words with Abigail and the rest of the Rosewood team. We look forward to welcoming you all back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I are into our second day of four here, and can’t say enough positive about the Rosewood.

As others have noted, the fantastic service and personality starts at front desk, extends through to the butler, and is maintained by the pool service, library bar, Costa restaurant and the beach service.

Rosewood is not for those looking to party, or at least not that we have seen, but is ideal for a high level relaxing getaway. Top notch all the way.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CMCLdn1

Greetings CMCLdn1,

I am so pleased that you’re enjoying your stay. Your wonderful comments about our staff are very much appreciated and I’ll be sure to let our team know of how well they’re caring for you and your wife. Please continue to enjoy your stay in paradise!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If you are looking for a hotel that pays attention to small details this is your destination.
With large comfortable rooms ,with big bathrooms and super comfortable beds.
Housekeeping is very efficient, lots of towels and a great night turndown service.
There are multiple very good restaurants throughout the resort. Tryout the great buffet breakfast at Commonwealth restaurant.
Special thanks to a great team at the beach! You guys a great!
The little touches like cold bottle water and unlimited supply of large fluffy towels very much appreciated.
The lounge chairs at Rosewood part of the beach are the best . The beach it self is beautiful white sand with calm water.
The staff throughout the resort is very friendly and helpful!
Looking forward to coming back!!!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Go1200

Greetings Go1200,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of your stay with us. I agree, the little details are so important and must never be overlooked or underestimated. I’m delighted that our team took such good care of you and that you enjoyed all that makes Rosewood so special, especially our stunning beach! I look forward to welcoming you back soon as well.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First-I rarely write reviews but travel often to resorts including Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, Mandarin Oriental, etc. I have never been to a property with a group of enthusiastic and competent staff as the Rosewood Bahamar. From the reception at the airport through all encounters at the restaurants, pool and beach and butler service as well as transfers and check in/out, the attitude of the staff makes you feel pampered and valued. I am writing this review largely out of my appreciation of the staff as they deserve tremendous credit and I wish them all success. As far as the resort itself, I am impressed with the interior design and the architecture. The quality and the attention to detail I have only seen in properties such as the Sanctuary in Kiawah Island. Every detail feels thoughtful and the quality is excellent. We had an ocean view double room on the 7th floor and the view was gorgeous. As far as the pool area, at this time the cabanas are no charge and were cozy and comfortable. The pool was impeccable. The sea was flat and clear with a large designated swimming area. We are usually pool people but swam twice a day as it was so inviting. As far as dining, we ate only on property of Rosewood (there are three hotels at the Bahamar). Costa has a breathtaking setting. The salad was excellent as was the guacamole. At Commonwealth, the setting was beautiful with comfortable banquets in the front room. The breakfast buffet was ample and well prepared with a la carte options. My suggestions for improvement are minor and items easily corrected and to be expected in a new property: 1) shampoo/conditioner/body wash are too thick and do not come out of the small bottles well . 2) We were told front pool was quiet pool but children were allowed and this was annoying. I suggest a sign and that the rule be enforced. 3) smoking is prohibited in the property although apparently allowed in the pool area. I have not seen this at other high end resorts and I don't think most guests will be comfortable sitting next to smoking. 4) Fine dining gets an A for effort but still needs some adjustments in particular with main courses. As far as issues that are not changeable-perhaps the only negative to us is the proximity to the casino which allowed for some smoke smell to drift in to the lobby. Overall, this is an amazing property that we would like to return to. As other reviewers have indicated, it is expensive . . . and with that price tag you get privacy, quality and charm.

Room Tip: East wing-high floor, ocean front
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Familyfreund

Greetings Familyfreund,

Thank you so much for your kind and thorough review of your recent stay. I'm absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed your experience so much and that our staff, service and amenities exceeded your expectations. I'm also very appreciative of your constructive feedback as we're constantly working to improve our guest's experience, ensuring your next visit is even more exceptional than the last. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

We stayed for 3 nights and it's a quick flight from jfk if you go nonstop. We were greeted at the airport and checked in there. Very warm welcome unfortunately the champagne was warm. After check in our car was waiting to the hotel- our suitcases were quickly delivered to the room but we had to check in again for our keys. The room we had was large, nice bathroom however the large over counter sinks took up all the counter space to place anything. The walk in shower was great with nice water pressure and lots of hot water. The bed was so comfy I would fall asleep the second i lied down. There is a microwave and induction cook top in the room not sure of the purpose for them. Never did have any encounters with the butler, nobody called to check in if we needed anything but that was fine because we really didn't. We were told beachfront room but needed to go out of the balcony to see it , not a big deal because we didn't stay in the room. The Rosewood section of the beach has beautiful lounges which are set up with sunscreen and water. The gentleman who set up our chairs was so nice but don't recall his name. In fact all the staff were so friendly and nice which i think was the best thing! The beach has clear water when not windy and lifeguards- its not a very wide beach and may get crowded during holidays. The pool had lifeguards also- very nice meandering pools which i thought could use a heater but my friends said it was fine. The Hyatt beach had plastic lounges with no cushions and very close together but the same beautiful water. There is a boat which will take you out to an island very close by run by Sandals but available for guests that has swim with dolphins and snorkeling but nobody told us about it until a friend discovered it the last day. I don't know how booked the hotel was but it never seemed busy. We ate at Cosmo a Mexican restaurant on property which was good and great bartender. Would have been nice to have another lunch choice with Caribbean food. Breakfast was good with quick service though when the table ordered poached or fried eggs one was hot and the other cold- not sure how to explain that. The library room has great meringues and marshmallows out and they were addicting. Dinners were all great- Commonwealth had excellent food and service but a poor wine list and very marked up prices. In fact the bars and restaurants at Rosewood all had what many of us thought terrible wine by the glass. The rose we had at the pool was warm. May be time to re-evaluate the wine choices. We went to casino but they do allow smoking so we didn't stay long. Excellent wifi including beach. So to sum up it was a great trip, the people were all so nice, the beach is beautiful, the hotel is nice and didn't seem crowded. This however is not a boutique resort, there are lots of hotel rooms, big casino and lots of guests at the other hotels on property. Staying at Rosewood however made it a great experience. I would return.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank flierm

Greetings flierm,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent visit. I am delighted you had such a wonderful time at our resort and were able to enjoy your time lounging and relaxing by the beach and pool. Our Rosewood service is one of a kind and are delighted you had the opportunity to experience it throughout your visit. I will make sure to share your comments about our wine list with our Food and Beverage team. I appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back soon.