All reviews water closet beach service in room dining manor bar half bath service button memory foam jumby bay an ocean view king room commonwealth restaurant spf sunscreen help guests grand suite big casino marble bathroom resort view comfortable lounge chairs
Reviewed 18 July 2018

The Rosewood is far and away the most amazing hotel I have ever stayed at. Everything was 5 star.

The service is beyond amazing. There was not one member of the hotel staff that did not greet us by name and with a smile. This goes from the Butlers to bartenders to Managers to front-desk staff.

The property is gorgeous and brand new. High ceilings with beautiful finishes. The bar is relaxing and the drinks are outstanding (shout out to the extraordinarily talented bartenders).

The room was beautiful and a nice size. The bathroom is beautiful with a great shower and separate bath. All the room amenities are nice and they even shine shoes overnight and did an excellent job (at no charge).

Thank you to whomever arranged to have random gifts of fresh fruit, water and ice constantly delivered to our room. It was a great treat and appreciated.

The pool was beautiful and as soon as we sat down someone was putting out towels, Ice buckets of water, lotions etc.

I can not say enough about the butlers (they were all amazing but a special thank you to Terrell- he went above and beyond)- IMO, this is the best part of the hotel. They helped us with everything, Nothing was too big or small. We had one day of rain and the day was slow. Terrell and team went the extra mile to try and help us make the day special.

Shaniqua and the rest of the front desk staff (and concierge) were awesome, helpful and always good for a quick laugh with us.

I saw someone else mention check in and having to wait. I was checked in at the airport and when I got to the Rosewood my room was ready and waiting.

Overall, I would (and have already) highly recommend this hotel. Bear in mind, it is brand new and there are some kinks but nothing major that would prevent you from having an amazing stay. I am confident that Jeremy, Mohammed and the rest of excellent staff will make this into the number one option in the Bahamas.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank puddles12987
RW_Baha_Mar, General Manager at Rosewood Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Greetings puddles 12987,

Thank you for taking a moment to share the details of your recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed the design, comforts and amenities of your guest room, and the time you spent relaxing by the pool. Most of all, we’re happy to hear that our Butler team, Terrel, Shaniqua and the Concierge team made your visit so special. I will make sure to share this note with Jeremy, Mohammed and the entire team.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 July 2018

1st let me say I stay at 5 star hotels and this was a 10 star for sure! From the moment we got out of customs we were approached by a gentleman with a sign saying Rosewood we were taken into a private room checked into our hotel at the airport, served champagne and chocolates. Our driver (booked through the hotel) was fabulous and absolutely hysterical. When we arrived at the hotel several employees were saying welcome with our name. We then given a tour of the hotel by Jeremy, he was wonderful. The hotel and the grounds are beautiful the decor exquisite. We were led to a door and greeted by 2 of our 3 butlers. I cannot say enough about Ricarra, Anisca and Stephan they love their job you can see it in their faces! We were led to our room a 1 bedroom Ocean View Grand Suite. Everything was beyond expectations, Decor is spot on and top notch! I traveled with myself and my 2 girls (13, 15). My husband and son had to work!! There wasn't a day that we didn't feel like queens! They treated my kids so well. Everyone from Luigi the Managing director, Ana the front desk manager, Estaban Mohamed and Maximilian they were so nice to us I have no words for all they did for us. I could write a novel! The pool service was great, beach great, super clean, very comfortable chair. What I loved is that is was peaceful and if you wanted more action you could go to SLS and Hyatt. Food was excellent! We had room service for breakfast and twice for dinner, this was by far the best in room dining food I have ever ever had. Consistently the same as the restaurants. We ate at Costa which was fabulous! The Snapper Ceviche OMG! Everyday everyone greeted us by name if they new us or a friendly hello! Twice Anisca came to find us at the restaurant we had booked for dinner to make sure we were ok and last night to say good by. Ricarra met us after our excursion, with cold face towels, both ladies surprised my daughters with a bubble bath with beautiful flowers and on the mat a JUMP IN made from leaves. WOW is all I can say! They is so much more I could write, its endless! Housekeeping was excellent.

PROS: TO MANY TO LIST!

WE DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE

Thank poi so much for making this vacation one to remember!!! I couldn't recommend Rosewood Bahaha Mar more!!!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Tracy L
RW_Baha_Mar, General Manager at Rosewood Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Greetings Tracy L,

Thank you for taking a moment to share such a kind review with the tripadvisor community. It was a pleasure meeting you and your girls. I am so happy that you had such a wonderful visit and that everyone made your mother daughters trip so special. It is their passion that truly sets us apart . I will make sure to pass this note to the entire team. We hope to welcome you ladies back and hopefully next time your husband and son can join.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Lionel the Butler was outstanding. A very beautiful property which has it’s own beach and where turtles swim in the sea. The staff were all very welcoming and friendly. The food in the Commonwealth restaurant was first class. Lovely quiet pool areas. A very relaxing spot!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Michael G

Greetings Michael G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I am very happy to see that Lionel made your visit so special, and that you enjoyed our offerings at Commonwealth, and your time relaxing by the pool.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have vacationed several times at another Rosewood resort, Caneel Bay, but it was sadly damaged by last year’s hurricane, so we decided to try the newest Rosewood Resort. Because of our experiences at Caneel Bay, we had very high expectations for this trip. I have to say that Rosewood Baha Mar exceeded those expectations. We spent a week in an ocean view king room July 6-13. We had one of our best, most restful vacations ever thanks to the beauty of the hotel/grounds and most especially the excellent service provided by every single person we met.

Only 90 rooms were open when we were there, and none of the villas were open. You would never know the hotel was still getting up and running. Nearly everything was perfect.

Check in/out:

This is the only area of our vacation that I think the Rosewood needs to improve on. So I’ll get it out of the way first.

While everyone working the front desk was very friendly and professional, there did seem to be a certain amount of confusion. We arrived at 2:30 and we had to wait for 2 hours for our room. Our check in hostess, Shaniqua, took us on a brief tour of the facilities before parking us in the beautiful library and saying she would be back to take us to a “special waiting area”. We never saw her again, and were never taken to this mysterious special waiting area. But honestly, the library was a perfectly lovely place to wait. It just took way too long.

We asked for 1 extra hour to check out since our flight wasn’t until late afternoon. That was denied, which we would have understood except since the resort delayed us getting into our room for over an hour past check in time we had hoped for some grace. I do think it would be a good idea to help guests figure out a way to enjoy the pools/beach and get a shower before leaving (perhaps the spa or fitness center has showers for that?). During our checkout, we wanted to leave tips for several of the people who made our stay so wonderful and there was quite a bit of confusion about how to do that. With this being a no-cash resort, there needs to be a way to tip when checking out. Also, there was a lack of communication about where our stored bags were when our taxi arrived to take us to the airport.

Room:

We were in room 825. The room was stunning, and had every comfort you could wish for. Very comfortable bed, luxurious linens, beautiful marble bathroom with vessel tub, enclosed water closet, double sinks, rain shower head and hand held shower head, robes, slippers, mini refrigerator (was filled with mini bar selections available for purchase), hair dryer, outlets with USB ports, dimmable lighting with motion detectors, his and her closets, safe, nespresso coffee maker, electric teapot. Very functional sofa/table area. There was always complimentary Evian water bottles, coffee, tea provided and we would frequently arrive back in our room to find a surprise treat (truffles, apples). There was never any noise of any kind. The balcony had nice cushioned seating and tables. What made our room ocean view was the fact that our room was on the 8th floor. All rooms face the same direction, toward the ocean, but only floors 5 and above are labeled ocean view.

Our butlers impressed us when we asked if they could press my linen dress when we arrived. We said there was no hurry but it was done and returned to our room within an hour. Wow! Our only other request was to have ice delivered to the room every afternoon. It took a few days of having to ask for it again before it started happening without a reminder.

Restaurants:

We had dinner at The Commonwealth 3 evenings. Expensive. Very elegant. Incredibly beautiful chandelier in the main dining room and we enjoyed seeing all of the local art on the walls. Excellent service, however I have a pet peeve. I am a slow eater and don’t like it when the next course is brought to the table when I’m still eating the previous course. It’s a little thing that I hate to mention because the rest of the service was perfection. This tiny piece of feedback is given in the spirit of helpfulness. The food was fantastic, especially the lamb chop appetizer and the beef Wellington.

We ate dinner 3 times at Costa. When we were there, only the outdoor seating was available and only the lunch menu was available. Authentic Mexican food. Excellent bar. Excellent service. We loved sitting outside in the huts that seem to float on water and watching the koi swim by.

The beach:

The beach is beautiful. White soft sand and crystal clear water. We saw turtles and rays every day. The Rosewood section of the beach is definitely much quieter than the Hyatt area. The lounge chairs are very comfortable with thick memory foam cushions. All you have to do is walk to a chair and someone always came right away with towels, water bottles in an ice bucket, and complimentary spray bottles of spf 35 sunscreen and aloe. We found the service at the beach to be very friendly and efficient. They frequently checked with us to see if we needed anything. On our last day they added a new push button service. The waiter has a watch on that is connected to a push button device attached to your umbrella. If you want service, just push the button! We always ate lunch on the beach. We ate the spiced fruit and crushed guacamole every day, and loved it. On a few days the wait staff would come around with surprise treats for us, including iced fresh fruit waters, and a beautiful little shooter drink with the colors of the Bahamian flag on Bahamian Independence Day. These surprises always delighted us.

The pool:

The 3 level pool closest to the hotel is supposed to be the “quiet pool” and it was very peaceful. The cabanas are up there. Right now the cabanas are not stocked and they are currently free. We were told that they would eventually have televisions in them. I hate to think of the noise that would bring so I’m glad they weren’t stocked yet. The same thickly padded super comfortable lounge chairs are at the pool that are on the beach. Again, all you have to do is go to a chair and a waiter comes right away with towels, iced water, and sunscreen. There are plenty of shaded chairs, and the chairs are arranged in such a way that you can always find a place that feels secluded and private.

The “family” pool is closer to the beach. We found this pool to be every bit as quiet as the “quiet” pool. Same excellent service.

I want to give a shout out to Ashleigh. She is a great example of the service you can expect at this resort. She delivered cocktails to us poolside, and a few minutes later my husband accidentally spilled his. We were bummed, and were preparing to just share my drink. But Ashleigh must have seen this happen from across the pool. She showed up a few minutes later with a complimentary replacement drink for him, and a clean towel too. For the rest of our vacation when we ran into her she would give me a big hug. I just love that.

The bar and library:

We had rain one day so we went to the library and played cards and dominoes. My husband had a pot of Bahamian tea and I had a glass of Prosecco. The service there was impeccable. The atmosphere is hushed and relaxed. There is a table with always available complimentary snacks (apples, macaroons, almond cookies (my favorite), chocolate, and almonds).

We had drinks a couple of nights in the bar, including a smoked manhattan that was delicious. Stepping into that room was like stepping back in time (in a good way!). Bartenders were knowledgeable and friendly.

The fitness center:

My husband used the fitness center on a few days. He enjoyed the big tv in there, because he watched the World Cup matches while he exercised. He soon discovered that the individual tv screens on the cardio machines could also be used to watch the World Cup matches. Fancy! Water and towels were readily available.

The grounds:

The grounds were lush, tropical, beautiful. Plenty of shade. Many beautiful flowers, perfectly tended. One of the gardeners noticed I was enjoying the plants and taught me about coco-plums. He even picked one for me to taste. I loved that. Everyone is customer service oriented and very friendly here.

General:

Be aware that there really isn’t much to do outside the resort area. We went to a nearby straw market and that was a waste. We don’t gamble, so the casino didn’t matter to us. But this was perfect for us. We just wanted a quiet peaceful place to rest and reconnect. We did try dinner a couple of times at other resorts in the Baha Mar, and couldn’t get back to the Rosewood fast enough. There is a marked difference between the resorts. You can feel it the moment you leave and come back.

Thank you Rosewood Baha Mar for one of the best vacations we’ve ever had.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Fairandnice

Greetings Fairandnice

Thank you for taking the time to write such a delightful and detailed review of our resort. I am so happy that you were able to enjoy a relaxing holiday, and that all your expectations were not only met but exceeded. It is so rewarding for us to know that you appreciated the Rosewood style of service delivered from our butlers and other dedicated associates, including our gardening team. I would also like to apologize for the confusion you experienced at check in and check out. We appreciate all feedback and I will make sure to share your comments with the team.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Unbelievable service on the beach. Carson and Phillip are the best!!!
We love Ayshia too
The entire resort is great, staff are friendly and very attentive.
The entire resort staff can’t do enough for their guests.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Perry J

Greetings Perry J,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your kind note with the tripadvisor community. I am delighted that Carson, Phillip and Ayshia made your time by the beach so special. It is their passion and dedication that make our guests experience so wonderful. I will make sure to share your feedback and to recognize their efforts.

We look forward to your next visit.