“Nicely Done!”

Ranked #25 of 312 Restaurants in Nassau
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My GF and I were just in Nassau for 7 days. The second day we were there we stopped in Oh Andros at the Fish Fry for lunch. We split a grilled seafood combo, and it was very good. It came with lobster, shrimp, and spiced fish fillets, sides of slaw and potato salad, and Bahamian rice. It was more than enough for both of us, and it was wonderful. We sat outside (the place is tiny inside) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Good food, reasonably priced, and the Sands Beer was cold. A worthwhile casual dining experience. Of all the shacks at Fish Fry, go to this one first. We actually grabbed food here two more times before we left Nassau. Check it out.

1  Thank Blockhead34

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my husband came to Oh Andros, the only reason I rated a 4 out of 5 was because of the service. We waited about 30-40 minutes for our food, which was given to the other table and our waitress didn’t even apologize for the mix up. We had to let another employee who seemed to possibly be a manager know that we had been waiting for a long time and never got our second plate. He apologized for the mix up and immediately brought the food. The food was really good. The food is definitely a 5 star rating! The only thing that needs improvement would be the waitresses attitude and hospitality! Overall great food!

1  Thank B M
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Oh Andros was recommended by just about every local we spoke to. We were told there'd be big portions and we were not disappointed. We ordered the grilled shrimp and it was incredible! Service was slow, but the place was pretty packed. It's a local favourite for a reason.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very lively, especially on a Friday night. Popular hangout for both locals and tourists. Portion sizes were HUGE but the service was extremely slow.

Conch salad is amazing. I was glad I visited.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was last at Oh Andros in 2014, and if anything, it has gotten better. It is one of a strip of restaurants known as "fish fry" on Arawak Cay, not far from Paradise Island and the center of Nassau. "Fish fry" is what they do. Oh Andros (along with Twin Brothers) is one of the places most recommended to me by cab drivers and hotel staff.

What can I say? Ten conch fritters for $3. They are among the best I've had, and are light, perfectly spiced, with plenty of conch. My young adult son had the surf and turf. Loved the lobster, but thought the steak was only "OK." Honestly, don't come here for steak. I had the grilled shrimp. Delicious. Everything is served with a gigantic mountain of rice 'n peas, and then you get to pick two more sides. I got plantains and mac 'n cheese. Other options are potato salad and coleslaw, among others. Reasonably priced, with leftovers that I ate for lunch today.

None of the fish fry restaurants is fancy by any means. The majority of customers (and almost all of the take-out clientele) are local.

1  Thank cami612