6,906 results
All reviews market place black angus level guests tapas bar the mexican restaurant o grille level upgrade all inclusive plan level service all inclusive package adult pool lobby bar beautiful beach daiquiri shack cable beach aqua restaurant day pass
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’m having a great stay at the Melia - but just wanted to thank Leandra! She found my apple earpods and chased me all the way to the restaurant!! Super lovely lady and very friendly! Apart from that the hotel.has been great so far, a little out dated in places but I know they are working hard to.modernize the sight. My only complaint is the ’burgers only’ menu in the tapas restaurant... Very weird. Apart from that, all is grand!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Ashley S
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Service: We arrived on 10/10 at noon, our room was not ready yet so we changed into our swimsuits and headed to The Grille where we met the very nice Monique. What a way to feel welcomed! However that evening at the buffet we had the unfortunate opportunity to met Ian and he was not only rude but condescending. A few of the workers who we met were as well, but we didn't let it ruin our vacation. Tipping is huge at this resort, so we came prepared, it did not guarantee good service though.

Activities: I enjoyed participating in the henna making and palm weaving classes. I was interested in the jewelry making class, however there was no formal announcement. There were always available chairs on the beach and by the pool, so no need to wake up early to save chairs. There was an abundance of beach towels and it was so nice not worrying about a towel card. We exchanged our towels every morning. My boyfriend and I especially enjoyed laying out on the blue float in the ocean. It was rather windy during our trip, so I did not get to paddle board. We saw hobby cats in the water from the Breezes resort, we really wish that Melia had them too! DJ Taco was a lot of fun. Wish she was djing the whole day/everyday by the pool. She constantly spoke over the music which was annoying if you were trying to relax and just listen to the music. The foam party was fun as well. They definitely need to play more upbeat music by the pool; not just during happy hour. We got sick of hearing about flip cup; that was every single day. Perhaps play a different game every other day? Also, there was a group of 6 older people chain smoking in the pool all day, everyday (never got out of the pool; it was obvious that they were peeing in the pool). One of the guys looked like Guy Fieri and it was obvious that he was trying to look like him, so my boyfriend jokingly said something to him and this horrible mouthed lady (the heavyset brunette) made a comment. We just walked away from her even though the impersonator found the comment amusing. Many of the guests had attitudes; not sure why, we were on vacation!

Food and drinks: The food was good and you can always find something to, "hit the spot." Drinks were definitely weak (even when tipping). It was very easy to make reservations for the restaurants. There was never a line to do so. We opted not to dine at Black Angus after hearing bad experiences. The grille is good and very convenient; just wish it was opened through dinner hours. My burger came out like a hockey puck, but I enjoyed the mango cheesecake and Bahama Mamas. For breakfast, the home fries, corn beef hash, fruit (could have been more of a selection since we were in the Bahamas!) and omelets were amazing. The toaster doesn't really toast though. It was very difficult to get a drink in the pool since the bartenders stayed at the beach level, so we had to get out of the pool to get a drink.

Room: We were in 275 and it was modern and clean (partial ocean view). Mini bar was stocked fully everyday and so were the towels. Of course, we left a generous tip out for the housekeeper every morning :) The room is very far away from the lobby, so we were sure to bring all of our pool and beach necessities on our way to breakfast.

Room Service: We were never provided with a room service menu (our bell hop was supposed to grab us one but never did), so we never had the temptation to order it. We could tell that many people took advantage of it by the plates being left out every morning.

Construction: Yes, it's annoying but if you are having fun, it wont bother you. Styrofoam was floating in the adult pool from the workers. The day we arrived and the second day they were black topping the roof and it gave me a bit of a headache. EVERYONE was complaining about it. Smelt so gross. The girl teaching us henna said, "What the heck is that smell?!" haha! Baha Mar is building a waterpark next door so waiting for the bus, you will breath in debris. I got it in my eyes too.

Town: To get to town, you get the #10 bus at the Daq Shack (amazing and fresh daiquiris!!!! $6 for a small); it's $1.25 one way.

Nightlife: There is none. We enjoyed the water/light show next door at Baha Mar. If you like to party, this isn't the resort for you. Everything is quiet by 9pm. There was karaoke one night and a jerk was saving a WHOLE couch for his wife while he sat in a chair; I told him that I didn't see a sign and he tried to get confrontational with me. My boyfriend and I ended up going back to the room.

Overall: We will definitely be back. Love the beach. Philip made our last drinks before departing to the airport yesterday; his genuine smile and friendly attitude has made a lasting impression. We used to stay at Breezes and this resort is a star higher.

Room Tip: 275 is private, quiet, clean and modern but very far away from everything
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mason0411
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I really enjoyed the food at the Market and Aqua restaurant. The drinks and staff were also commendable. I did have a issue with my room that it took 3 days of my vacation to resolve. I also thought the rooms were just average and could use a deep cleaning on the carpets.

Room Tip: Carpets could use a very good cleaning.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We just spent 8 days and 7 nights at the Melia, checking out October 13, 2018. We went for a family vacation with my parents, my family (wife and two kids), brother's family (wife and kid). My kids are 4 and 6. My nephew is 20 months old.

There are pro's and cons of this property.

Lets start with all the good! Overall the service at the bars were amazing and the bartenders were friendly and engaging and fun. The activities crew that helped with both the kids club and the adult pool activity (bingo/flippy cup/dance parties) was awesome!

Kids club: ALL the kids club activity people were awesome. My kids loved all of them! I can't even name them all but will come back and edit to add them when my boys tell me their names. They were so good to our kids and our kids loved going in there for activities/crafts/dinner and evening activity. WE basically gave our kids the schedule and they picked when they wanted to go versus when they wanted to do beach and dinner with us. From the day they did the first evening event with them on Monday night, they never had dinner with us again!

Beach: we got upgraded to the LEVEL and it was great to use the cabana for our 20 month old nephew to sleep without going to the room. It also allowed us to order food along with drinks at the beach and didn't have to go in for lunch which we loved. The ocean is awesome and the baha mar people from next door put out rafts and foam rafts that we loved to use as they were anchored to buoys. The beach is okay because there is a lot of rocks on the beach and in the shallow water. Water shoes helped mitigate the issue. but the ocean itself was so nice and blue and green and gorgeous. we spent 8 days in the ocean!

Front Desk and managers: All very helpful and courteous and accommodating. We left at 7 pm on the day of departure and they let us use the room little longer then normal because no one was going to be using it that night (this obviously depends on if they need the room for other guests).

Food: All the specialty restaurants were very accommodating for the vegetarian group we had. In general food was decent. On that note one restaurant has veggie burgers but they aren't avail at the main buffet or at the "grill" which is beach/pool side. So that was annoying. The main buffet doesn't have a grill for burgers, veggie burgers, grilled cheese, fries, etc...which would have been nice.

Buffet: some staff was nice..others seemed annoyed to have to get drinks and seat us and help out. It was very odd. Honestly this was very different from the buffet parts of punta cana and cancun and puerto vallarta.

Entertainment: they did nightly things to keep people entertained...movie night (though they had a pirated copy with crappy sound. kareoke night, bahamian night was cool, couples game (though the game had way too many questions..could have just done 3 for men and 3 for women ...) . . .

CONS:

unless you have LEVEL upgrade, you can't order food to your pool chair/beach chair..and only in one area can you do it (level side of beach). This wasn't apparent before we got there, all other places we have done all inclusive, we have always been able to order food pool/beach side.

Along with food, Veggie burgers need to be available at the grille and the buffett as well for the vegetarians.

the property needs work. the rinse off showers as you walk away beach (from non level area (2 of them)) SUCK! The water barely comes out. The pressure is so low that with a light breeze the water blows to a side. The foot one has very little pressure. Then they wonder why people jump into the pool or hot tub with sand on them... The one on the side nearest the one open family pool (by the level towel hut) is better but still not great.

So i mentioned how awesome the kids club was! Well the one thing we didn't like is that there were so many activities at the pool for the adult pool (flippy cup, foam in the pool, DJs and music) but nothing by the one family pool. This was very disappointing. What kid doesn't want to play with foam in the pool? We were told they used to do it by the other family pool but don't at the current one. This made no sense to us. Also music by the family pool with the DJ would have been cool as well. All the families and kids said as much while we were there for 8 days.

rooms need updating..carpet needs stretched, etc.

OVERALL: we would say this was a great vacation and we had a great time. The property needs work but they are currently doing constructions alot so that is going to definitely improve! A few tweaks here and there and the service would be way better.

Room Tip: ask for premium ocean view
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank SportsDoc13
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Besides the fact that this resort sits on an immaculate beach, the rest leaves so much to desire.
You are made feel like they are doing you a favor by letting you stay there, despite the heavy price tag.
I spent 10 days here and everyday was a struggle for something. Lazy personel and iresponsive management. Sometimes I could not get a glass of water until I was done eating my whoke meal. Restaurants are mediocre serving pre-coocked food and you need a reservation 2 days in advance, but can't book more than three days in advance. You need to be ready to push the button or else you miss the timeslot.
You need to fight for beach chairs or you can bribe a staff member to get get you one. People would wake up to get a chair, put a towel on it and go back to sleep. Others would pay a staff member to do it for them.
Beer was warm and flat served from a pitcher. Really?! Never seen this in my life.
My minibar was emtpy the day I checked in and remained empty for three days until I called the front desk.
Even though I am a very good tiper, I got angry faces most of the time, with little exceptions. Client is always wrong and apoligies do not exist. It feels like raising a compliant in an airplane where you are more likely to be kicked out of the plane than get any resolution.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo