Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
US$409
  • Breakfast included
US$402
US$352
British Colonial Hilton Nassau(Nassau)(Great Value!)
US$298
Hyatt.com
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
6,266 results
All reviewsmarket placeblack anguslevel loungelevel gueststapas barthe mexican restaurantall inclusive planlevel serviceall inclusive packagelobby barbeautiful beachdaiquiri shackcable beachaqua restaurantbeach areaday passpaddle boards
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our 2nd consecutive year staying at the Melia and again had no complaints. We upgraded to the Level and enjoyed the perks. Check-in was a breeze, we arrived at noonish and our room wasn't ready until 2 but that was expected. Food throughout the resort was good. Make reservations in advance for the restaurants, they book up quickly. I did not know this but you can call in advance of you checking in and make reservations.

Our room was nice, we had a great ocean view. We traveled with 3 other couples and all of us requested a king bed and we were given a room with 2 doubles but we made it work.

The beach is beautiful. I have read many negative reviews and can't imagine how they were written. The water is gorgeous, the service at the beach was great. Upgrading to the Level allows you to not only order drinks but food as well at the beach, this was well worth it.

I've also read many negative reviews about the employees. Like I had mentioned this is our 2nd year going and I have not run across any rude employees. Riccardo (i believe he was a manager) was fantastic. Lavad, Kyle and Melinda were amazing. We remembered them from our last trip and nothing changed, they were still fantastic.

Traveling to the Bahamas is so easy, customs is great expecially coming back into the US. It's so nice having US Customs at the Nassau Airport. Makes things alot quicker and easier when returning home.

My only complaint is there is no Bud Light, they had Miller Lite, Coors Lite and Heinekin along with a local beer. If they did serve Bud Light I would bever leave...........

Would 100% recommend this resort to everyone and we plan on returning next year for round 3.

4  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Little problem with room when we got there but Clara our concierge took care of that quickly. food was good, but needs a little more selections at restaurants. Room was ordinary but keep very clean by housekeeping. Everybody down there all the workers were respectful and nice towards us especially those at the grill. Lovely people. Will be back. they need an ATM inside of the hotel. Guest should not have to go across the street to obtain money from an ATM. Not when they have our credit card on file.(not safe)

Room Tip: Ask about the level it might be something you and your family might want to do or get
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
MeliaNassauBeachAI, Manager at Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello pastorberry,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We loved reading your review of your recent vacation with us and we appreciate your suggestions for the resort. We do have an ATM machine in our lower lobby, we will look into this to see if it was down recently. Again, thank you for sharing and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Kenisha
Quality Department

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Travel was April 19th-23rd 2018 (first time to the Bahamas)
Hotel is very well kept, and has it's contemporary flair shown through out the lobby. Nikkei, Aqua, Esta Vida and Cilantro are the only 4 restaurants that I understood required reservations that were part of the all inclusive plan (the Steak House, Black Angus, is not part of the all inclusive).I asked a few days before my arrival if I could make reservations via email for the restaurants. The hotel does allow you to make 2 restaurant reservations 5 days prior to your arrival via email (I called them to get the email address for this). Highly recommend you do so as the get booked quickly upon your arrival. Cilantro (Mexican cuisine) was my favorite.
My reservation was for a pool side view (Non "level" status) and the room was nice. No couch or living area just a typical room with a bathroom, a small round table with a sitting chair, television (with some cable channels), dresser, safe, and balcony. Our room was immediately by the elevators and hallway entrance so there was quite a bit of noise and traffic. Thankfully we asked to be moved the following day and the hotel was able to accommodate us. When we moved to the opposite side of the building the hallways looked a bit older and like they could use a new coat of paint, but the room was identical and clean just like our previous room.
The drinks with the all inclusive plan are not strong, however, each time we asked for an extra shot of liquor in our drink the bartenders were happy to do so. This is where I was confused why so many people rave about "Level Status." When I called to inquire about upgrading to level status to find out the cost it was an additional USD $2k on top of the cost I had already paid for my travel. I was completely satisfied with forgoing the Level status not just because of the cost but because I didn't need the special alcohol brands or other un-necessary extras.
For a first time visitor, I was very satisfied with my accommodations at Melia for the price. The only complaint I have is that some of the staff in the Market Place were not very friendly or customer service oriented. Some of the hostesses that seat you in the morning breakfast buffet looked like they did not want to be disturbed. It would have been nice to see more smiling face at the Market place. Also, spoons at the Market place seem to be hard to find especially at breakfast time. Every time I needed a spoon for mixing my coffee/ or tea I had to go find one (and more often than not none were available in the food area). I would have to ask the ladies that bring you your drinks to provide me one. On another occasion I needed honey for my hot tea, and it was never replenished in the breakfast buffet area. When I asked one employee in the kitchen area she directed me to where it was suppose to be only to find out that what I had told her held true (it's like she didn't believe me when I told her there wasn't any), and she basically dismissed me and said "we don't have any." I tried my luck with another kitchen employee and she said she'd be back. She never did come back nor did she assist to replenish it. It wasn't until 30 mins later that I asked one of the hostesses and she brought me honey. Also, I noticed in general the customer service in the hotel and the Bahamas is very lax. So don't expect someone to remember your requests especially when you are at a restaurant. I guess it must the the island vibe life.

Room Tip: older side of the building next to the check in desk has quieter rooms.
1  Thank Daisy O
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Overall it was a nice experience, we had a partial ocean view. The staff was really nice and helpful. Although it was me and my spouse this hotel is super kids friendly. The pool and beach were always packed so you want to get there early to hold down an umbrella or tiki hut. I would recommend this hotel to both family and friends.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our stay was just perfect and I can't find another word to describe. The hotel rooms were a little bit old but it was CLEAN and that is the most important thing and I felt very comfortable. The view from the hotelroom on the beach and the pool area was overwheliming, the food was so delicious!
I REALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE PEOPLE WHO WRITE THAT IT IS AN OLD HOTEL (not all areas of the hotel are old) AND WRITE BAD REVIEWS BECAUSE OF THE FOOD!! There are so many different hotels (italian, american, spanish, chines..) an open buffet.. I mean if people can't find anything there to eat, I don't know what to tell because than this is not normal. The food was delicous and I want especially thank SHERYLIN from the Market restraurant. I was sick and asked her at lunch for a cup of hot water and she brought me lemons and honey as well when she heard that I am sick and not feeling well. That was so kind and she asked me also if I need anything else. To poor that I only stayed 4 nights - I had the most amazing 4 days in my life and will definitely come back! Can't wait to be there again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends