All reviews lady sarah twisted lime blue sail sandy port vernon moss news cafe poop deck restaurants within walking distance full kitchen two queen beds fish fry home away from home paradise island downtown nassau cable beach private beach one bedroom suite
Reviewed 8 September 2015

This place is excellent, the staff are extremely friendly and willing to accommodate. Stayed here in September during labour day weekend - prices were low. Very good value for money. It has a lagoon with waterslides and pools but the best part is the private beach access. Spent all our time on the beach here and it was glorious! Also on the beach is Blue sail restaurant with some awesome cafe del mar type tunes whilst you watch the beautiful ocean while you sip on cocktails at the bar. Paradise!
It is a marina village so you are close to a few shops, if you want to get groceries its a 10min walk outside of the marina. Bring your own snorkel set - you'll love looking at all the tropical fish swimming in the ocean.
Only thing is that wifi is not very strong at the hotel. So you should save your Facebook uploads until you get back home or you find a restaurant with better wi-fi.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tyger9
Reviewed 6 September 2015

staff was excellent very friendly helpful. Resort was great location with beach , pool and nearby restaurants. Easy to get around as on bus route. Housekeeping staff was excellent. Sarah and front desk crew were always helpful and great to deal with.

Stayed: August 2015
Reviewed 5 September 2015

The hotel is in a good position in the island. If you want to stay in Nassau city do not use this hotel, but if you want to visit Nassau, relax in a private beach and take something to eat seeing the beach book this hotel. The room are very comfortable, clean and big. You are in the port but the water is so clean that arriving in this place is a pleasure. If you want to go in Nassau city take the Jitney bus number 10 it is not necessary to take a taxi. There is a supermarket not far from the hotel (10-12 minutes by walking in Nassau direction). Unfortunately there are not many attractions and restaurants near, but a fantastic restaurant is in the beach.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stefano c
Reviewed 1 September 2015

I visit the Bahamas at least every other year, I have stayed at Sandyport Beach Resort Multiple times. I must say that my stay this past week was the best so far. They have done a lot of improvements to the property. The kitchen remodel was great granite countertops, stainless steel appliances and nice tiled floor in the kitchen. I stayed in the one bedroom therefore it is nice since it has 1 full bath and 1/2 bath, dinning area and living room, flat screen tvs in bedroom and living room. I was able to stay in the room with a view of the canal so it nice to see the occasional boats go by from the private homes across the canal. The rooms are clean. The staff has always been helpful but this year there was a new staff member that I was not familiar with his name is Tito (Sorry if I missed spelled his name). He always acknowledge your present even if he assisting other guest, He was on point each day to help assist me with plans for the day and made sure I had fresh Beach towels for the day. Also Lady Sarah is always helpful from the time of booking to check out.

This is not a full hotel were there is restaurant on the premises but there is a pool bar where you can have breakfast and lunch. The Sandyport area has improved greatly therefore in walking distance there is dining a sports bar and on the beach there is a restaurant for dining. The beach by Sandyport is nice its quiet has a nice Gazebo. There are a few lounge chairs and umbrellas that the guest may use. If you would like transportation from Sandyport there is the #10 bus that runs to downtown with stops along the route. Its cheaper than taking a taxi.

I would definitely recommend Sandyport if you are looking for a laid back Caribbean vacation, it is a very intimate setting where the staff gets to know there guest and make it feel like you are at home. Cable beach is up and coming.

Forgot to mention there is free Wifi in the rooms with great signal.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Moni0918
Reviewed 28 August 2015

We chose this resort because we were planning an intimate, just the two of us wedding and wanted somewhere with a beautiful setting for the ceremony, not too far away from Nassau itself, where our minister was based. This hotel by far exceeded our every expectation. The gazebo in the water wasthe ultimate beauty spot and the wedding photos are absolutely amazing. I cannot understand how anyone could find fault with it. We have travelled all over the world and have seen the good, bad and the ugly when it comes to hotels. For the price we paid for a suite, the Sandyport definitely hits the top spot. The staff could not have been friendlier or more attentive, even though we did not book the wedding through the hotel itself. The reception staff were exceptionally helpful and the rooms were well equipped and clean. We visited out of season so the resort was very quiet we were often alone at the pool and beach. One thing- there is not a hotel restaurant per se on site so food is not chargeable to the room, although there is an independently run one right on the hotel beach with great food and very romantic vistas. I would advise bringing basic food supplies from home as the islands are not well stocked and what there is is very expensive. But I would love to return to this hotel soon and wish we had stayed longer. Thank you for a wonderful stay, our wedding was absolutely perfect.

Room Tip: Get a suite!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple