“Exceeds expectations”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Michael D
“Exceeds expectations”
Reviewed 13 July 2019 for a stay in June 2019
people found this review helpful

We spent the week on the Aquacat with our scuba group, Streamline Diving and booked the entire boat. It was my wife, daughter and my first liveaboard experience and I think it has ruined all other future liveaboards for us! It was so organized, proactive and special! We were served by one of the most enjoyable crews starting with Captain Mark, who was a last minute add due to an emergency with the original captain. He was a past Captain and is now in management with All Star and couldn't have been more gracious during our week onboard. He was served by first mate Jason, who was the captain of our shore excursion boat Sea Dog. What a great host for our trips and his drone filming skills are second to none! Our lead divemaster was Oli, who was one of the best diving professionals I have ever been around, Safe, conservative, but also so much fun! My wife had a problem with one of her dives and he spent time making her comfortable after the dive, ensuring the rest of the dives were enjoyable. Oli works with a crew of divemasters, Jake, Scott and Sara. All great divers and ran great dives. Sara and Scott did such a good job filming and taking pictures. The footage will be enjoyed for years! The chef Kelli is beyond compare and it amazing how she is able to prepare such tremendous meals out of a galley kitchen! She worked with Jesse as sous chef and Karina as the house mouse. All meals were so well prepared, served fantastically, and then cleared away as if nothing had ever been there! The beer was always flowing and the rum plentiful. The dive deck was very organized and all dives were briefed properly and thoroughly, including a creature feature, showing something we should try to find on the dive. And tons of sharks, rays, turtles and sea life to dive with during the trip. The shore excursions were daily and there is plenty for non divers to do(we had 2 on the trip out of 25). The swimming pigs were a big hit. We had asked for a port night on the fly and they took us to Staniel Cay, where we spent the night drinking at Staniel Cay Yacht Club. Such a fun dive bar! Really enjoyed unwinding with the crew. I've written a lot, but it really was life altering. I would recommend this trip to anyone wanting an outdoor adventure, whether you are a diver or not.

Date of stay: June 2019
Your age range 50-64
Dolphin91...
San Antonio
“One of the Best Liveaboards on the Planet”
Reviewed 12 June 2019 for a stay in June 2019
person found this review helpful

Just finished a week on the Aqua Cat cruising throughout the Exumas. The boat's crew is top-notch in every regard. They go the extra mile to ensure all passengers are happy, well-fed, and safe. Having been on more liveaboards throughout the world that I can count, I can say that the food on this boat is second to none. Every meal is a real treat and the boat's chef is worth her weight in gold. The boat's crew is multi-national and work together like a well-oiled machine. The captain and first mate oversee every aspect of the boat's operation and it shows. Although the diving is not world class compared to other areas of the world, it is great for an area only a short plane ride from the US. If there is something wrong with this boat, I couldn't find it!!

Date of stay: June 2019
Rachellen...
Santa Monica, California
“Thank you - from a newly certified scubadiver!”
Reviewed 4 June 2019 for a stay in May 2019
person found this review helpful

Let me start by saying I was flying from LA to Nassau, Bahamas & needed to get there by evening. No problem I thought. Not the case - but thanks to All Star Liveaboards & the crew on the Aqua Cat, all was right in the end!

A series of airline mishaps led me to almost not arrive the first day, and to arrive without my luggage. Peggy at All Star Liveaboards worked diligently with the airlines and Captain Manny to ensure that I was picked up from my later flight - and that I had my luggage within a couple of days by flying it to Eleuthera!

I was lucky to join a group of wonderful experienced scubadivers (shout out to Atlantic Rangers) when I took a friend's place onboard the Aqua Cat last minute. I arrived frantic & tired, and they welcomed & reassured me, assuring me I'd have any clothes or stuff I needed - a fantastic & fun & talented group to spend the week with.

For the first couple of days, still on CA time, I just wanted to sleep. Captain Manny knew that if I did that, I wouldn't necessarily get all my confined skills completed in the shallow water we were in, as well as my open water dives done in time for certification by week's end. I thank him for his tough love & motivation to get it done! He was strict in the best way - smiling while he didn't accept my excuses. He clearly cares about his passengers & crew & making sure we have a safe but fun week!

Scott was my instructor & couldn't be more patient. He encouraged me when I was scared of some skills, and cheered me on as I made progress. An all around chill, great guy who clearly wanted me to relax, enjoy the process & succeed! And I did. I think he was as happy as I was when I got my certification!

Kelly created amazing meals throughout the week & accommodated all my restrictions with a smile - and boy do I have a lot of restrictions. She couldn't do enough for our group.

Every single crew member was friendly & supportive - house mouse Karina, 2nd captain Jason, sous chef Yari, Engineers Tom & Jeraine, and the fabulous dive instructors who assisted everyone with a smile - Oli, Jason & Chris.

I can't speak highly enough of the entire crew as they all cheered me on. I felt like they were my friends, and not just my crew. We were a rowdy crowd but nothing ruffled their feathers & they seemed to just be happy that we were all having a great time!

As for the dives themselves - these were my first, so I have nothing to compare them to... and I was nervous as heck for most of them! But the water was warm & clear, and I saw sharks, stingrays, lionfish & much more!

Thank you All Star Liveaboards & Aqua Cat for an amazing week... I will be back :-)

Date of stay: May 2019
davyjones...
“They just blew us away!”
Reviewed 29 April 2019 for a stay in April 2019
person found this review helpful

My wife (a non-diver) and I spent 7 glorious days on this boat! The world outside ceased to exist! Absolutely the BEST time was had. The crew was attentive, friendly, knowledgeable, and welcoming, the captain and staff were beyond excellent, and the diving and shore excursions were more memorable for words.

While I blew bubbles, my wife went fishing (nothing like fresh Mahi for dinner - caught that day!), visited remote beaches, snorkeled, or just enjoyed Bahamian breezes and beautiful views. This trip ruined her for any further cruising on a ship. They truly do cater to the non-diver, as well as us divers.

We had 22 guests on board. Every cabin had its own bathroom and shower, and was cleaned every day. Meals were beyond belief - both in quality and quantity. The boat was clean and very well maintained, with three decks - the top sundeck, the middle salon deck (interior dining, or al fresco - your choice), and the dive deck, which also contained the guest cabins.

The DIVING was superb! 26 total diving opportunities, including 4 night dives, from over 100-foot depths to 20-30 feet, with sharks, rays, loggerhead turtles, and endless varieties of fish and coral. The crew was the hardest working group of people I have ever met - always with time for advice, conversation, or assistance.

We dove just a few of the Exuma and Eleuthra dive sites - far off the beaten tourist path!

Date of stay: April 2019
Your age range 65+
Marilyn W
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed 31 March 2019 for a stay in March 2019
person found this review helpful

Just got home from being on this cruise.. have to say I had the best experience of my
Life!!! I dived for the first time with the wonderful kaitlyn.. her understanding of well,, alittle fear,, was outstanding... the staff... starting with captain Ron was exceptional,, right down to the amazing ladies who cooked 3 meals a day for us , and took care of our cabins everyday.. I’d recommend this cruise to anyone,, I guarantee you,, you won’t be disappointed!

Date of stay: March 2019
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.