“Great chicken parm”

Ranked #27 of 71 Restaurants in St. John
Price range: US$1 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cafe Roma has served St. John since 1981. The restaurant has been voted "BEST ITALIAN CUISINE" in the US Virgin Islands, seven years in a row. Cafe Roma serves delicious Italian Trattoria-style cuisine with an extensive menu, full bar and has a vast selection of wines. Offering in-house specials and traditional recipes. Vegetarian, seafood, veal, chicken, pizza, salad, and pasta selections are all freshly prepared. Sit back and relax in an casual air-conditioned cafe setting.
Reviewed 5 March 2021 via mobile

We had a delicious chicken Parmesan dinner and blackened chicken Alfredo as takeout a few days ago. Called to order and it was ready just as they said in 30 minutes. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (425)

Reviewed 16 January 2021 via mobile

We got pizza to-go one night & it was absolutely amazing! Since the pizza was so good, the last night of our trip we decided to dine in. All I can say is we will definitely be back next trip! Our server was so funny & attentive...I wish I could remember her name. When I commented on how good her wine pour was, she said “I pour wine for my customers like I pour it for myself at home”. There were 4 of us & we each got a different pasta dish. My mom got the seafood pasta special & it was incredible. The chef came out at the end of our meal & asked how our meal was - really made us feel special & welcome. Portions are HUGE & I wish we would have shared since it was our last night & we couldn’t bring our leftovers with us. Heads up - tables are first come first serve. There isn’t a waitlist, so you’ll want one person in your party to wait at the top of the stairs for a table to open so you can grab it.

1  Thank saigemerchant
Reviewed 9 January 2021

The service was extremely friendly and the portion sizes were enormous. The quality of the pasta was really unexpected. Great place to go especially if you are really hungry!

1  Thank DBAtlanta13
Reviewed 3 January 2021 via mobile

Cruz Bay has many great restaurants, but as a local Cafe Roma is always at the top of my list.

Steph always provides fantastic service and makes sure you enjoy the experience as well as your meal! Chef Marylyn is a legend in her own right- I have yet to dine there and her not come out and check on everything. Her jovial personality is bigger than life. The food is always outstanding, fresh, huge portions amd as good as it gets ANYWHERE!

1  Thank Jeff J
Reviewed 2 January 2021

Wow, what a great Italian food. Don't mislead yourself by the looks of the place and the fact that it is tucked on top of the Lonaboard restaurant. The chef here is amazing and if you close your eyes you can imagine yourself eating the same food in Rome. Highly recommended dishes include the chicken and veal marsala as well as a pasta dish that contains chicken, Italian sausage and Caribbean sauce. Their pizza was excellent and even GF eaters can enjoy salads. The service was attentive and professional and had we found out this restaurant earlier, we would have come again

Date of visit: December 2020