See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 June 2018

This hotel should be closed due to repairs to tourists. I booked this based on the pics and reviews and they are truly misleading. The first thing I saw was a hotel in a picturesque place with no view. the pics must have been taken when it was new or before the hurricanes. I saw boarded up rooms, wires hanging from the roof. 1950s decor and a security guard at the registration desk in broad daylight. I truly wondered about my safety. I heard locals call it the Tourist Prison. I cancelled and relocated.

Room Tip: if you want to see the beach, are accustomed to Marriott or Hilton properties you will not be happy here
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank blessedman
948pamk, Guest Relations Manager at Windward Passage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Your comments have been shared with our GM.

Guest Relations

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I'm here now. Should've read reviews first, but it was a last minute booking after not making my flight. Room was stuffy and what looked to be mold was on the ceiling. Bathroom was filthy, and something in the room was making us itch. Mosquitos? Bedbugs? Who knows? I thought I could deal with it since it would only be for 1 night, but in my mind I'm thinking all the rooms CAN'T look like this. I requested another room and showed the lady the pictures I took of the mold and bathroom. She gave us another room, but it is not that much better, honestly. I don't see any mold, and it's not as stuffy, but still not somewhere I'd ever stay again. If there are much better rooms, shame on them for putting people in these. I'm not picky at all, but this is pretty bad. Oh, almost forgot... there was a baby roach in the bathroom too...smh. I dont understand how anyone could stay here for more than 1 day.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Fareedah L
948pamk, Guest Relations Manager at Windward Passage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Your comments have been shared with our Management Staff.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

I understand this hotel and island were damaged by hurricanes, they have you sign something at check-in acknowledging this. CONS: Hotel is in dire need of simple cosmetic things which would help tremendously. Caution signs around rooms next to us. They seem to not remove furniture and work around it and leave nasty carpet in rooms. A quick clean with a carpet cleaner would be helpful. Witnessed maintenance or security guy pouring chemicals in the pool. Never witnessed him actually testing the water. Water was cloudy and murky, we decided we would not be using it.Pool tables missing glass and lounge chairs tattered. Room had NO smoke detector, this has to be a hazard. Carpet had a sticky,mushy substance on it, we had to keep a bath towel over it. Hair dryer missing, maintenance quickly brought one & we put it on the wall. Dirty floors,corners,behind furniture. Bathroom floor was disgusting,same hairs and bobby pin even after maid service. Area outside our window looked like a war zone. PROS:Easy, pleasant 7 minute walk to restaurants in the area.Beds were clean and comfortable. Staff was always very nice and helpful. Check-in was fast and pleasant.

Our kids were even disgusted with this place. If we could have found somewhere else to stay, we would have left. It was actually laughable by the end. Nothing surprised us here!

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank Tracy G

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

We needed a hotel for an overnight stay in St. Thomas, and with so few hotels open even eight months after the two Cat 5 hurricanes of last September, our choices were limited.

We chose Windward Passage, which even though battered by the storms, managed to stay open and serve as a base for recovery workers in the early post-hurricane days.

We still had the company of those workers at the informal continental breakfast buffet, but they had already complerely restored the very comfortable room that we had. And the lobby, where we were greeted by very friendly staff, was in fine shape.

We did not have time during our brief stay to use the large pool, but it looked very inviting.

So while there is still work to be done to bring the hotel back to its full pre-hurricane state, it is already a very comfortable and pleasant place to stay.

And because we needed to take the ferry to Tortola the next morning, the fact that the hotel is directly across the road from the ferry terminal and a short walk from our favorite restaurant in St. Thomas (Hook, Line, and Sinker) made it a perfect location for us.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank caribmike

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Your comments have been shard with our Management Team.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

When you have to sign a declaration that you acknowledge that the hotel was hit by hurrican Irma 8 month prior you should start to wonder! That was at reception check in
No aircon in the room but 2 fans
Restaurant?? Which restaurant?
Complementary breakfast was a joke: felt more like a high school mensa than anything else and plastic everywhere: plates, cups, cutlery...
But very close to the ferry
Forget about any assistant with your luggage

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trouble1312
948pamk, Guest Relations Manager at Windward Passage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Your comments have been shared with our Staff.

Guest Relations