All reviews shore club plunge bar grace bay beach bar nespresso machine omelette station junior suite beautiful resort pool staff welcome drink tour of the property included breakfast paddle boards fitness center luxury hotel relaxing stay turn down service
Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights before moving into our villa in Turtle Cove. I loved the cold towel and glass of cucumber water at checkup, and it was raining so we got a quick tour of the resort and was checked in at our room. We were in building 3 on the pent house floor facing inside the island so the view was not of the water but still pretty. We had a huge room with bed and sofa, there is a mini kitchen area and a large bathroom. Loved the bed, so comfortable and the sheets and pillows were amazing (wished I could take them home). We ate in the bar area which was beautiful but the food was ordinary. When made reservations for 72 West Plunge but since it was raining nothing was set up there so they told us to eat at Parallel 23. We walked around to find the table with the most breeze because the area close to the kitchen was stifling hot. The food was good but expensive, as expected.
The next day was our anniversary, I expected that they would do something but there wasn't anything special (although I had told them at check in and she acted as though there would be). We spent the day at the beach- sat in the lounge chairs, swam, kayaked, and used their hobi cat. It was a very beautiful beach. We ordered food to be delivered down to the beach and that was nice also.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank crsteph70
Management response:Responded 13 June 2016

Dear crsteph70,
Thank you for the detailed review of your 2 nights stay at The Palms. The cold towel and our delicious cucumber drink, we think, is a nice touch upon arrival and part of the "luxurious" experience. Glad you enjoyed your suite and loved comfy bed, sheets and linen! However we are sorry that we did not take the opportunity to celebrate your anniversary with you. We hope to be able to rectify this in future. Thank you for letting us know that your stay was amazing! We look forward to you and your partner to come back soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

This resort markets itself as a luxury resort and I would certainly agree with that, a perfect location right on Grace Bay with all the amenities one would expect from a first class Hotel, with probably the most comfortable hotel bed I have slept in.

Excellent facilities including the spa, gym, a creche and great service on the beach with plenty of sun loungers. They also do a good steak dinner and nice cocktails.

All the staff are great and cannot do enough and the room service is prompt. The hotel is spotless as are the rooms with all the goodies thrown in. We stayed in a junior suite which was good enough for us, on the 3rd floor (they have lifts). However I did get a look at the 2 bedroom suite next door and was blown away with sheer luxury of the place. Will come back for sure if we ever get to T&C again.

1  Thank The-Real-Sydney
Management response:Responded 12 June 2016

Dear SydDosanjh,
Thank you so much for your 5 star review! We are very proud of our location on Grace Bay and glad you enjoyed our amenities and facilities.Whether you experience a suite with infinite views of the ocean or landscaped garden, or prefer to spread out in one of our spacious penthouses, you will discover a level of style and comfort that sets new standards for a luxury resort in Turks and Caicos. Sometimes last minute trips are just good for the soul, please come back soon!

Reviewed 9 June 2016

Wow! Open reception desk and lobby area. Greeting with chilled and infused washcloths and given a refreshment. We explored the property while we waited for our room. We were walked to our room for an in room check in. She was thorough and very sweet. You get complimentary water and even bug spray which she said we wouldn't need ( we did, we had already been on the island for 4 days, so I recommend using it regardless if no one else said anything about bites)
Off to the pool, beach and swim up bar we go... Beautiful paradise! The Palms team is very nice, informative and you truly feel they are there to make you happy. They even remember you the next day!
We ate an amazing jerk chicken pizza at the pool! Food prepared by Michael Johnson is superb and he was just so accommodating! Thank you! 5 star service! Even on the day we were departing, he brought us 2 beef patties after talking to him about Jamaica. We had come to Turks for my boyfriends 40th and all these little touches made it perfect!
Pool has a great layout with a swim up bar, complimentary water, comfy lounge chairs and beds poolside. Beach is beautiful and has the option to take cover under a cabana or just get an umbrella or go to waters edge and take in the sun! They'll set up your towels and location and get you water. Paradise.
We ate inside the bar 2 of the nights at L'Attitude Bar which they had good flatbreads, shrimp, etc and of course cocktails and the staff very nice! And 1 night for dinner at 72 West which we were feet away from the beach with a nice lantern, cocktails, I had a great steak and my boyfriend had the jerk chicken. Very good. Oh and free hot breakfast in the garden each day. Good selection, nice outdoor area!
Staff was amazing and always smiling. Beach seems like it just can't be real. Pool setting can't be beat. Property and room was very nice, wish we could've had an ocean view room, but we enjoyed our balcony.
Wonderful vacation! Hope to be back sooner than later!

Room Tip: All rooms are privately owned so what you pay for, is what you get!
1  Thank Carly O
Management response:Responded 12 June 2016

Dear Carly O,
Thank you for your detailed review and thank you for choosing The Palms for such a special occasion. We are really happy that you felt you had everything you needed while you stayed with us! I agree ,The Palms is a beautiful property with lovely staff! Thanks for the "shout out" for chef Michael, he is such a wonderful person and so passionate about his job. As you said, please come back sooner than later. Don't wait for another birthday...

Reviewed 9 June 2016

This resort was beautiful and the bed was remarkably comfortable but I am disgusted that our room (5306 - 3rd floor ocean front) had bed bugs! I only found out the morning of our departure as I woke up itching like crazy and covered in 100+ bites. At first I thought it was mosquitoes but after returning home, I realized these were bed bug bites.I know they are difficult to get rid of but they need to do something.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
21  Thank Cynthia G
sabrinamai, Executive Assistant Manager at The Palms, Turks and Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2016

Dear Cynthia G.,
The review is completely incorrect. Please note that we have regular bed bug inspections and one has just been completed recently. In addition, there have been no other reports of bed bugs which further disproves your comments.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

Great beach and pool, friendly staff, relaxed vibe, very local feeling plantation style resort. Great food. Only issue was our room faced the breakfast area and we could hear the staff setting up at 6am, so make sure you request a room away from that area.

Room Tip: Our room faced the breakfast area and we could hear the staff setting up at 6am, so make sure you request a room away from that area.
1  Thank Jack617Bos
Management response:Responded 10 June 2016

Dear Jack617Bos,
Thank you for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay at our beautiful resort. We are so sorry that you could hear the staff at 6am, we appreciate your feedback and have forwarded your comments to our food and beverage team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.