Review Highlights
Eco Tour Mangrove Island - Paddleboarding

We had our best experience in Turks and Caicos while paddleboarding on the eco tour of Mangrove... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
rcl249
Excellent paddle board tour of Mangroves

Took a short paddle across the channel to the mangroves. Saw baby sharks, sea turtles, jelly fish... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
higsb1

Recommended experiences in and around Providenciales
from US$74.99
from US$1,344.00
from US$110.88
from US$1,800.00
More Info
All reviews baby sharks mangrove tour paddle boarding puffer fish lemon sharks eco system sea life plants and animals great guide guide chris personable guy learned alot beautiful mangroves small sharks love nature his passion wealth of knowledge
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

This was a fantastic way to experience paddle boarding for the first time and learn a lot about the local flora and fauna. I highly recommend booking this during your stay on the island.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

We found out about SUP Provo from some friends who had used them for an SUP tour. There is a bigger company on the island that most hotels recommend, but our friends said the co-owner of SUP Provo, who is Chris Moore, give a great tour.

So we signed up for the SUP tour through the Mangroves and we had a great day! We were the only 2 people that day, due to some confusion with some other guests that were supposed to come, so it was basically a private tour.

While the tour is on SUPs, it is more about the nature, ecology and wildlife of the Mangroves, than it is about stand up paddling. So, you don’t need to be proficient on an SUP at all, to do this tour.

We thought the tour was awesome! It was a good 2 hours long and Chris has extensive knowledge and passion for the mangroves, their history and contributions to the island, as well as a good idea of where to look for things in the water. We saw baby lemon sharks, baby barracudas, and turtles. As well, Chris stopped several times and (very gently) picked up sea urchins and conch to show more detailed things to us. One thing we were unaware of, is that the Conch are over-fished and now need protection. Chris told us that over 8000 conch are fished each day for tourism food and yet, conch can live for up to 30 years, so you can see how this doesn’t work out for the Conch. So just a little plug to save the Conch – just eat some other fish when you visit Turks & Caicos and leave the Conch alone, to continue growing in that beautiful shell of theirs. We saw a “graveyard” of Conch shells at Long Bay, which had to be a pile about 8 feet high and it made us very sad.

The other thing Chris does is kite boarding – either lessons, rentals or adventures. We don’t kite board so can’t comment on this, but you will not be disappointed going with Chris for anything, based on our SUP experience with him!

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Chris led an outstanding stand-up paddle-boarding tour for our family of 5. He was so knowledgeable about marine life and the ecosystem. It was not only fun learning how to paddle board, but it was very educational as well. You won't regret it if you do his tour! What a great experience!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

My 16-year-old daughter and I took the Mangrove Cay tour with Chris last week, and it was so much fun! I had never paddle boarded before (although I have kayaked), and after paddling across the channel on my knees I was able to stand up and maneuver through the mangrove channels just fine. We saw turtles, baby lemon sharks, many fish (including puffers!), a gorgeous non-stinging jellyfish, and of course lots of beautiful nature. By the end of the trip I was ready to move to TCI and paddle board forever, haha!

Our tour guide, Chris, was obviously passionate about nature and was also an enthusiastic teacher. We learned a lot about the resilience of the mangroves and the interconnectedness of the local wildlife. I would highly recommend this trip for anyone who wants to get a little off the beaten path in a low-key, (almost entirely) knee-deep water environment.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My son (8) and I had an awesome time learning all about Mangrove Cay from Chris. He is super knowledgeable and his passion for the ecosystem is apparent. Chris was very good and brought an extra kayak just in case it was too rough for us to use the paddleboard. He also acted as chauffer for us and was excellent in dealing with a very chatty, excited 8 year old. I would recommend this tour to anyone.

Date of experience: March 2018