Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
14,673 results
All reviews water park caribbean village french village key west village italian pool jerk shack le petit chateau sesame street bobby dees surf simulator bella napoli pizza cookie monster butler service iguana pool departure lounge kids camp
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 March 2007

Two families, 4 adults and 5 kids (B16, G15, B13, G12, G10) spent winter break (2/17-24) at Beaches T&C. We had a great time. Arrived around 1:30pm. Got through immigration, got our luggage and through customs in 15 minutes. Checked-in at the Beaches desk and were in an AC'd van in another 10 minutes. The driver wasn't very friendly, like the drivers we had in Jamaica, but it's only 15 minutes to Beaches.

On arrival we were given cool towels and offered drinks. Kids had punch and adults had what was to be the first of many Turks Head beers. Check-in was easy. Each family had a 2BR suite on the 1st floor in the French Village. The rooms were clean and we had no problem with bugs. The fridge was stocked daily. It was helpful having 3 bathrooms when it was time to get ready for dinner. Even more so for our friends with 3 daughters. Each of the rooms had patios where we would start each evening with drinks and appetizers from Bobby D's or treats from the Cafe de Paris and cigars.

Pools - The pools were clean, but crowded. The resort was full and you had to play the "towel game." The French Village pool was huge and there were lots of chairs. You usually still get them after breakfast. The iguana pool is where all of the pool games are held. You needed to be there by 8:00 to get chairs there. Didn't spend much time at the Arizona pool. The water was cool, but you got used to it quickly.

Food - We found that the food was mostly very good. Dinners were Schooners twice, Kimonos, Reflections 3 times and Sapodillas. Breakfasts were mostly at Giuseppe's for made to order omelets. Arizona's was great for lunch as was the grill there. The pizza place was next to the Iguana pool was good, but very slow. Kimino's was fun. The food was good, but the entertainment was great. The only disappointment was the Reflections BBQ night. It wasn't very good.

Bars - The swim-up bars were fun and drinks flowed freely. Every bar had top shelf brands for the asking The bartenders were all friendly and would make whatever you wanted as strong as you wanted. Just ask for extra. The moms the Royal Boats and Iguana Trails. The biggest issue was there was only one blender at each bar. It slowed things down alot. This is where we saw the worst of the guests. Some of the people were really rude to the bartenders. A little politeness goes a long way when you are not allowed to tip. The Turtle Bar was a nice way to end the evening with a few drinks and ususally some entertainment.

Beach - The beach was narrow, but went on forever. It got crowded, but we always found chairs. The water was rough the first couple of days, but the kids loved the waves. The water was warmer than the pools. We signed out snorkeling equip and walked down to the protected reef. We saw a couple of turtles and some colorful fish. We went on the resort snorkel trip. They take you out to bigger reef. It's only an hour but there were alot of fish and one large baracuda. We walked the beach every day. There is so much construction on the bay.

Gym/Spa/Salon - Gym is AC'd with quite a bit of equip. Everything worked well. It usually got crowded around 8am when I was finishing up. I didn't use the spa. Friend mom got a massage and said it was ok. Wife got a pedicure andwas happy. Boys got the haircuts we tried to get before we left home, but couldn't find the time. They were fine.

Staff - The staff were terrific. Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. Every request was met with professionalism and a smile. We treated everyone with politeness and respect and received the same. The bartenders were friendly and fun. O'Brien who was working the Turtle Bar one night was trying to "feed" me Glenlivit the next morning at the FV pool. He was cracking me up. The entertainment staff worked hard all day and put on the show at night. Lots of energy.

Overall - A great time. Expensive, but I think we probably got our money's worth. I believe that we will return, but not until the new Italian Village and water park is completed.
My only oncern is with all of the new construction on the island, are they going to upgrade the airport? The security line was out the front door. There is only one metal detector and two bag scanners. There were too many people for this setup.

Had a great time and highly reccomend.

7  Thank lax31
Reviewed 12 March 2007

I will admit that part of my negativity is due to the fact that US Airways lost our luggage and we never recovered it, however Beaches' front desk staff's lack of courtesy compounded the problems.

The positives: My nine month old son had a blast, very kid-friendly, the food was decent (I would even venture to say excellent at Kimono's and Schooner's --- we did not go to Le Petit Chateau or Sapodillas because we did not feel comfortable leaving our son with the nanny service), the beach was beautiful, the pools were very nice, could always find a beach/pool cabana/umbrella, many of the staff members were very friendly (especially at the restaurants and in the gift shop), the grounds were very well-kept, no bugs in the rooms (stayed in French Village), good entertainment.

The negatives: front desk staff is clueless, housekeeping non-existent unless you called even though we tipped well (although supposedly not expected), resort will do NOTHING for you if you lose your luggage (even a Holiday Inn will offer you a toothbrush or toothpaste if you forget them).

I would say that overall we had a really fun time but we were definitely not pampered (which I kind of expected to be considering the price). Our luggage was lost --- which apparently happens to a lot of people --- we encountered many people whose luggage was delayed at least one day and several people whose luggage was lost altogether. I suspect there must be something shady with the baggage handlers at the Providenciales airport because the statistically, it seems a bit out of proportion to have so many missing bags for such a small island. Melvin, who is "in charge of" missing bags was so belligerent to me, he would have been fired if it was the US - absolutely lazy and beligerent and very very shady.

At any rate, upon arrival to Beaches, the front desk staff filled out a report of lost luggage but did nothing to follow up on it, I spent close to 10 hours of my vacation on the phone with the airline and with Providenciales airport to try to resolve it with no help from the front desk. They just told me to buy toiletries at the gift shop --- but at the gift shop you can buy toothbrushes but no toothpaste, or shave cream but no razors, or men's deoderant but not women's and I really did not want to leave the resort... so we spent over $700 on clothes and toiletries in the gift shop and we have all cheesy "Beaches" t-shirts that we will never wear again. I had to beg for a tube of toothpaste.

Then, it rained one morning and when my husband asked for an umbrella because housekeeping had not left them in our closet like everyone else, they told him "too bad"... they made no effort to track one down. Even as he was standing there in the lobby and staff members were walking in and out with their own "Beaches" umbrellas, none of them offered their own.

Then, $40 to launder two t-shirts, two pairs of underwear, a onesie, two pairs of socks, and a baby blanket... When they lost one of my son's socks, I called front desk and the laundry service lied and said that only one sock was sent (even though the socks were rolled up into a ball together)... and they melted my son's blanket. Front desk did nothing to adjust the price or apologize or anything... it wasn't until I checked out and a manager was standing there when I complained that the price got adjusted because she recognized that it was good customer service to do so.

It's really hard to articulate, but basically the front desk staff are trained monkeys... they have no critical thinking skills whatsoever. Every time you ask them a question they have to either ask a manager or they give a canned response without stopping to think "what can I do to resolve this problem or help this guest out." It's almost as if they cannot think on their own.

I am generally an easy-going person and I am not the type of person to complain about nit-picky details... I just expect that someone working in the service industry would have some professional skills and would have the ability to analyze a problem and ATTEMPT to resolve it.

Now, all that said... if you are also an easy-going person, have kids, plan to eat your fill, and don't expect to encounter a huge problem that would require the assistance of the front desk (such as I did), I would recommed Beaches to you. But if you get frustrated by incompetent people, won't eat $300 worth of food per day, and don't have kids, I would not recommend it.

Date of stay: March 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
18  Thank GCity
Reviewed 8 March 2007

We come from Italy so we were ready enough to start this very long flight travel to Beaches in Turks and Caicos.
We were my son of 14 and me the mother.
We arrived at the Resort when it was already dark. Our first impression was good. After checking in our room we imediatly went for dinner. We felt very comfortable at first view.
Through out our stay we had a wonderful time..As even other Trip Reviews wrote....leaving their son all day in the Resort in total freedom..thats really true. I hardly saw my son all day. He made many friends and he had a GREAT time. ..The Resort is safe, and all the workers on Beaches are very polite, They imediatly ask you if all is Ok, and every one serves you with a smile on their face. My son went diving 4 times in our weeks stay. He saw a shark and baraccuda's and other fish. That was a great experiance for him. The gardens of Beaches are kept very clean..So many flowers tree's and grass. The maids who clean your rooms are always there to change your towles to clean ones. Before my arrival i read that in the bathroom there were ants. Yes, even we had ants ..but i think that is nothing to worry about. How can people at beaches know when the ants come in or not especially when one sleeps on the ground floor?? The maids cleaned the ants, and that was then it until they came in other times again. So don't worry about ants. One at Beaches has everything..So much food to eat..so much fruit...so many drinks. Unfortunatly i do not eat meat, so i could not taste all i saw. Yes from Beaches photo shop the photo's are somewhat expensive ..But you don't need to buy many. Just buy a few..and that will bring you home with a memory. So many wonderful swimming pools. so many happy children. Beaches is the right place for all ages of children. There is so much to do for them. Even mum's and Dad's with babies can leave their babies to the nannies there. The Ocean is really wonderful. On the shallow part that is wonderful for the children to play. Bring your sun protection creams with you. I took with me a plus 30 ..and at the end of the week i had a good tan. Even total protection can do good as one gets tanned all the same. Beaches is for all ages young, middle age and older people. We also saw people getting married at Beaches.
My only complaint would be that i thought that the closets were a little dark inside inorder to see whatclothes i had to take out.
All is so well organized. Before our departure at 5pm from the Resort we were permitted to have a final shower in the departing lounge from the Resort. That was fantastic. I never saw such a good organization as this in all my life. So, i would gladly reccomend the Resort to everyone. It costs a little more than others but it is worth whlie and you will always have something new to do and to discover. Thats all..Thanks

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ricamagda
Reviewed 7 March 2007

While we had a good time, we were a bit disappointed with Beaches. Maybe some of it was due to the rave reviews from friends, etc., but for their reputation and the amount of money they charge, we found the service to be quite poor.

When we arrived they had a sign up that the A/C was out that day...ok...then we get back to the room and our toilet overflows - we get it under control...ok...then we find out that they disconnected the water...not ok...then the water comes on but only cold, sulfer smelling water...not ok....eventually the hot comes back on but the smell doesn't go away...over the next several days we tried numerous times to call and make reservations for those restaurants requiring them and no one would answer the phone-we tried every listed extension- tried the front desk- even tried to go to the restaurant in person-left a message for the head of restaurant and catering services, which was never returned- not ok....finally got through after three days of trying....then we get back to the room one night and the TVs went out throughout the property....maybe we just had really bad luck overall, but now someone we know says they had the same problem with the reservations/phones for the restaurants.

I would say that about 50% of the staff were as friendly as you would hope for that type of a resort. When we’d ask a question, it seemed few knew the answer. For instance, when we first arrived we asked a worker at one of the restaurants that we tried to go to that was closed , What restaurants are open now? Where can we get something to eat now ? They sent us to another restaurant that was also closed. When we got back to our room, we found the guide that shows what is open when, but you'd think that the employees would have some clue that the only places open pretty much all day are Bobby D's Diner and the coffee shop.

The babysitter that we hired for our last night there was lovely and we couldn't have hoped for a better experience with her. She watched our son in the room and then took him to the Sesame show and out for juice when we bumped into them. He loved her and the Kids Club with all of the character activities.

The pools were wonderful, the beach is out of this world and the, grounds are very well maintained. Make sure to go to Petite Chateau (adults only) as that was by far the best meal we had. I would highly recommend the Character Breakfast to anyone attending, even though it is an additional charge-it was well worth it to see all the characters up close. They stopped to pose for pictures with each child which was great.

While we had a nice time, but we were just disappointed in the overall service for the price. We're not hotel snobs but we expected more based on other reviews, Beaches' reputation,and the price. We wrote these items on our survey back to Beaches as well.

Date of stay: March 2007
9  Thank jrsfamily
Reviewed 5 March 2007

I stayed at Beaches Turks & Caicos from 11 - 25 Feb and can say that everyone in my party enjoyed thoroughly (5 adults and 5 children aged 3, 4, 5, 8 & 9).

We had three rooms on the first floor, two of the rooms had a connecting door. The room itself was really nice, no sign of any mildew or insects as mentioned in previous reviews.

The beach and sand is just spectacular, yes it is narrow, but it's so long that it was not an issue for us.

All the pools were very clean and never really over-crowded. Our first week there the hotel was not full, but come the second week an extra 700 guests arrived. Still it remained not over-crowded, but beds seemed to be taken very early.

The kids club for 5 and under was really good. The 3 youngest were always happy coming out of there. The 2 oldest were not so impressed with their club and only went once.

As far as staff are concerned the majority are very friendly. Especially Dennis and Fanny in the Turtles Bar (adults only). If you go to the bar say that Phil & Vickie say Hi!

The only restaurant that i wasn't overly impressed with was Reflections, having said that they do different cuisines every night(maybe we just ate there on the wrong night).

I would also like to mention that the grounds are kept beautiful, the ground staff work really hard and am sure do not get the praise they deserve.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are travelling with children. If you are a couple I wouldn't say 'don't go' but me personnally would prefer a Sandals Hotel if i travelled without kids.

I would love to return to this hotel when the Italian Village is completed. Please don't pay too much attention to the negative reviews, I really can't see how some people can complain about such a wonderful place.

6  Thank vickie2125