“Bad Reviews, why?”
Review of Provo Ponies

Provo Ponies
More attraction details
Owner description: Provo Ponies is a small riding stable located on the southeast end of the island of Providenciales. We do two guided rides a day, morning ride at 9:30am and an afternoon ride at 3:30pm during winter hours, 4:30 during the summer. We can take all experience levels from 7 years old and up (if they are younger they must be experienced riders). There is an extra charge if someone must be led. Everyone rides their own horse or pony, no double riding. We have a 250 pound weight limit. Groups are never more than 12 riders. Private rides are available for an additional fee. Helmets are available and are required for children 17 and under.We ride along quiet dirt roads and trails to Long Bay Beach, a 4 mile long beach. We do our best not to do nose to tail type rides, and more experienced riders are given the chance to trot or canter along the beach depending on the tides. The shallow waters of the Caicos Banks off Long Bay make it an ideal place to take your horse into the ocean. You can book a one hour ride or a 90 minute ride. We can arrange for transportation to and from your hotel.Reservations are required. A Visa or Mastercard number is required for all reservations, as well as weights and experience levels of all riders in your group so that we can properly assign horses to riders.We are a fully insured and licensed business in the Turks and Caicos Islands.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Don’t book with this company if you don’t like to have a good time, are not an animal person, are not adventurous, or if you do not care for breath taking views because Provo Ponies offers an adventurous, once in a life time, breath taking experience! I understand that everyone has their own unique experiences, but I couldn’t believe the couple (there are only a couple for a reason) of bad reviews I read about Provo Ponies. Coming from someone who has 2 horses, with many years of riding experience, Provo Ponies takes excellent care of their horses and it shows! Their horses are well fed, well groomed, and you can tell they love their job. I will not book with any company who looks as if their horses are not cared for. My boyfriend and I booked a 90 minute private ride with them, and we absolutely loved it. I was put on Gitana, and he was put on Clyde. Hailey was our tour guide and she was great. We talked horses the whole ride, and she was very informative on the horses that we were each riding and had pointers on each of the horse’s buttons and quirks. Hailey took TONS of pictures and videos of my boyfriend and I with my GoPro, and they look amazing. I was extremely pleased. The ride was fantastic, the horses were great, and the staff was extremely friendly. Their prices are steep, but they are FAIR considering the money goes towards the staff’s time and the horse’s care (which is not cheap). It was worth every penny, and I would 100% book with them again.

1  Thank Hannah C
in 18 reviews
"bucket list"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve ridden horses competitively my whole life, along with my mom. This was something on her bucket list and boy did it exceed expectations. As a horse person it can be hard going to these types of places as the care can be poor or the safety not monitored carefully enough... my expectations were blown away. The care, attention, hay, shavings, weight of the horses, pairing riders and horses, these guys did not miss a thing. Very impressed. I would wholeheartedly recommend this facilty to anyone-and for someone who rides horses every day of the week, we enjoyed the walk to the beach, swimming with a horse (it was incredible) and getting to just relax with our favorite animals

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What an amazing experience! A shuttle picked us up at our hotel, we were assigned horses based on a variety of criteria (we partnered with Patches and Turtle) and we headed out for a short ride to the beach. The horses seemed to enjoy the water and the experience was surreal. After about 30 minutes in the water we headed back to the ranch. Shuttle returned us to our hotel in time for dinner.

I’ve only been on a horse a few times but felt very safe the entire trip. Staff were helpful and knowledgeable. Definitely a highlight from our trip.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

I highly recommend Provo Ponies! We did the 90 minute ride with our 10 and 12 year old kids. You need to be able to ride on the horse alone. There is plenty of instruction and support so its ok if you’ve never ridden. THere is. A short ride maybe a mile to the ocean from the stables. The beach you ride on is very quiet. It is very cool to be in the ocean on the horses. It’s a once in a lifetime experience. Our family loved it.