“Slice of heaven”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Fort Cottage

Fully equipped kitchen
Hammocks
Breakfast nook
Cozy reading nook
View of Scarborough from the back porch.
Sunset view from historic Fort King George - just a short stroll away...
Holiday lights
View of side deck
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

sbarlatie...
New York City, New York
“Slice of heaven”
Reviewed 1 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Exactly what I was looking for, tranquility. This well equipped house provided us with everything we could possibly need. Prior to arriving, the owner constantly enquired what he can do to assist in making our stay a memorable one. Just a short stroll to the Fort. Will definitely be returning.

EricaMBAs...
Trinidad and Tobago
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed 7 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

Just spent seven nights at the Fort Cottage from December 29 into the New Year, and it was simply divine. It's a beautiful old home with all of the modern amenities, which made for a stress free vacation. The fully equipped kitchen, with quality utensils inclusive of a coffee maker, was fully appreciated, as was the coffee which was provided. The owners are easy to interact with and were truly committed to ensuring that I had a great experience from the outset. I loved the very tasteful and natural Christmas decorations and lights which added to the ambience of the home and the at home feel of the Cottage. The view from the back porch is phenomenal both in the day and night, which made for plenty relaxation and reflection. It is truly a wonderful spot to be in by yourself or with friends, and this is further enhanced by the short walk up to the magnificent Fort or down to scenic Scarborough. In addition to this, there is an interesting selection of books and magazines to be read. A wonderful vacation space.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view from the back porch, the quiet, the books available for reading.
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway
8 Jan 2016
It was a pleasure having you! Thanks for staying at the Fort Cottage! We look forward to seeing you again.
Camille B
Tunapuna
“Well appointed historic cottage”
Reviewed 4 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

Spent Christmas at this beautiful and well kept cottage with my family. The cottage is a combination of the old and the new. The historic integrity of the cottage has been maintained while providing all modern conveniences.
The back porch which overlooks the well maintained grounds where chickens freely roam and forage as well as Scarborough, was my favourite area of this charming house.
The owners' attention to detail as well as the extra touches such as the decorated tree branch Christmas tree were much appreciated.
I have been recommending Fort Cottage to all and sundry since my return from Tobago. My only complaint is I got no eggs from the chickens!

5 Jan 2016
We are really glad you enjoyed your time in the house, especially over Christmas. We hope you have a great 2016. Please come again. If you do and find out where the chickens nest, please let us know!
Christoph...
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Trully wonderful place to create beautifu lifetime memories!”
Reviewed 27 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015

My partner and I, with our good friend, came to this lovely home for a wedding in Tobago. All in all this place went above and beyond our expectations. We would HIGHLY recomend a stay here to anyone looking!

To begin with the home itself is a historic colonial home that is incredibly well maintained. It is also stoocked full of any and all amenities/supplies you could hope for. If you have any trouble the grounds keeper Chris is so helpful and attentive! A great guy!

Also great to note that there is both a market and produce stand minutes from the house and tourist destination "Fort King Goerge" just up the street.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beautiful large patio with its lovely view.
Liked least: Mosquitos - but this is a given most everwhere on the island.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Large groups
People with pets
1 Jan 2016
Christopher,
We are really happy you enjoyed your time in the house. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We look forward to hosting you again

Happy new year to you.
Glenn
sheron l
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“A long outstanding dream come true”
Reviewed 16 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

OMG, O-M-G.
This was a dream come true for me.For over 15 yrs I had always looked forward to spending some time in a little oldhouse in the countryside without having to use an outhouse. I kept wishing that I had an elderly aunt or uncle that I could visit. The thought hadn't crossed my mind for a while though and when I turned up at the Fort Cottage I realized that this was exactly the experience I had longed for, ...Plus.
I have been to Tobago every year fror the last 12 yrs and always stayed at a different comfortable location each time but this one is the bomb. Its an excellent mix of vintage and modern.
Also my husband suggested that I keep it simple, no overpacking and we would just buy whatever we needed. To my surprise, there was nothing to be bought .It was like home. All our usual high quality brands were there. Every possible modern utencil, spotlessly cleaned bathrooms.Tthe fact that we had full use of the entire property was totally unexpected but welcomed by all.The location is great, with easy access to food stores, mall, beach and entertainment spots. It was just my best Trip to Tobago. We even considered an extended stay. I will definitely be back soon and I do recommend it for others.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The fact that the entire property was occupied by us only.
Liked least: A floor-length mirror would have been an asset.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway
20 Nov 2015
We are really happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back. On your next trip please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your experience even better.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$60
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing