All reviews dive boat sushi mexican train great diving great food other guests bloody bay wall grand cayman year after year every meal laid back air consumption family atmosphere dive staff repeat customers fish interesting people
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I almost hate writing this review for fear it will bring more tourists to our new found Paradise.
If you like peace and quiet, this is the place for you!!
We stayed in a quaint little cottage facing the ocean. Hammocks allowed for a quick nap mid day.
Thanks to Chef Winston and Dianne for the spectacular meals. Each and every meal was out of this world.
Diving was perfect. We thought we were divers being PADI certified and resort diving on and off for the last ten years. Well that was certainly not the case. Each and every dive was a learning experience and Michelle, Tiago, Gay, and Cameron made sure that we knew the correct way of all the ins and outs of diving. I have never felt more safe and now more confident.
This was a vacation like no other and we will be back. Thank you all for making this, the time of our lives!
The Schaden's (Detroit)

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Susan H, Owner at Pirates Point Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Annmarie S, we truly appreciate such a wonderful review. We are all delighted to hear that your time with us was so memorable and that you wish to return!

Pirates Point only has 11 rooms and has plenty of breathing space along its natural beach, so even if it is nearly full you will always have the chance to retreat to your own little remote paradise after meal and social times.

Diving truly is a highlight in Little Cayman and we want every single one of our guests to be able to enjoy the experience in the safest and most comfortable way possible. This way you can then resume your relaxed holiday with another one of Winston's or Dianne's world class meals!

We are all looking forward to your return!

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Pirates & staff delivered on everything I hoped my trip would be — and then some. When planning my trip, all I wanted to do was dive & relax (read & nap) in one of their hammocks. And I did all of the above everyday 100% satisfied. If you’re looking to “get away” in a laid back island locale, this gem is it! Room was charming island rustic (that’s a compliment — if you want fancy than you shouldn’t be vacationing on an island), super comfy & super clean. Definitely get one w/AC. It was a lifesaver sleeping given temps were in the 70s/80s at night (otherwise I didn’t spend much time in the room). It’s so safe, friendly & remote no one locks their doors! There’s no need to & I had full peace of mind. Only the resident hermit crabs may try to get in your room! They’re everywhere & literally greet you at your door every day so be careful where you step outside (especially at night)! Diving was intimate (small groups which I prefer) & divemasters were top notch, professional, knowledgeable, funny & super helpful & patient when gearing up. The entire staff (Gay, the divemasters, chefs etc) were always super hospitable & accommodating. They were personable, funny & created a family/friends like culture — made me feel at home (even tho I was on a island). I can’t say enough good things about the staff so I’ll sum it up this way: southern charm meets island vibe. And the food was absolutely phenomenal. I didn’t expect the food to be that amazing (only because it’s a tiny island & I’m not a foodie to begin with — I’m a happy camper w/a fish taco & guac) nor did I expect to be fed that well (sorry Mom). Hands down breakfast, lunch & dinner — some of the best meals I’ve ever had — anywhere (and I’ve travelled a lot & lived/worked in NYC). Although I’ve never stayed at a 5-Star resort (just not my style), the staff, service, and food made it feel like one! Had a great time & can see why so many guests I met, dove with & shared meals with keep going back. You easily become one of the Pirate family.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Susan H, Owner at Pirates Point Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Thank you for sharing your brilliant review, Koda012416! It fills us with great joy to hear that your holiday surpassed your expectations. At Pirates Point Resort we work hard to deliver a memorable experience, blending genuine and casual with great customer service and attention to detail. We are happy that you could feel our hospitality in every aspect of our resort and look forward to welcoming you once again to "Your Island Home Away from Home" and the Pirate family.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

I keep returning to Pirate's Point Resort due to the professionalism and friendliness of the staff, the stunning location, the great diving, and the amazing food!

The resort is situated on a great spot on this amazing, gem of a secluded island. The diving is world class and the dive staff take care of your every need and are incredibly knowledgeable about the diving around the island, sea life, and diving in general. The food is amazing and I get the best sleep when I'm staying here.

Little Cayman is not the place for you if you are looking for night life, clubs, and casinos. It is very quiet, peaceful, and relaxing. I'm already looking forward to my next visit!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Susan H, Owner at Pirates Point Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

toniableecher, we are always delighted to welcome you back to your 'island home away from home'! We really appreciate the time you took to post your fantastic review. Thank you for sharing with other travelers what you value the most when staying at Pirates Point. We all hope to see you back on Little Cayman soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2018

This is a laid back place in a Gilligan's island setting with excellent food and a self tending bar. The diving in the marine park reserve off Bloody Bay Wall is quite good with superb visibility. The spiny lobster bouncing off the wall ledges can be table sized, and the occasional sea horses are a thrilling site. The sandy bottom above the walls are full of southern sting rays, squid, garden eels, jaw fish, blennies, peacock flounder, and numerous denizens of the macro variety such as cleaner shrimp (purple and coral varieties) , pipe fish, pipe horses, mantis shrimp, crabs, nudibrachs, etc.

Room Tip: The ocean front rooms abut talcum powder beaches but not all are air conditioned. Large powerful fans blow across the beds so sleep is restful. We found the sound of breaking waves to be comforting with the screened windows opened but may be too loud for some folks. The property is a beautiful stretch of waterfront in a secluded setting on an island that is part wildlife sanctuary so beach visits from the endemic Cayman Rock iguana are possible as well as views of the frigate birds and boobies.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear RFalaskan, thank you for sharing your glowing review of Pirates Point. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the uniqueness of our resort and the diving on Bloody Bay Wall. We look forward to welcoming you once again for another memorable vacation!

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Small resort which people love and return to as much as possible, if they like happy personal service, great safe diving, excellent food and comfort in a quiet beautiful seaside estate. No news, no shoes, and it works wonders for stressed City livers

Room Tip: Some have a/c, others do not. Fans are everywhere and enough for most people until the weather gets really hot.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Susan H, Owner at Pirates Point Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Thank you for posting your thoughts on Pirates Point Resort, penchant8. We enjoyed welcoming you to our resort once more and will be looking forward to seeing you again soon.