All reviews brewers bay minute walk cereal boxes tropical forest cane garden bay this lovely hotel light sleeper road town lovely pool bedroom villa explore the island beautiful beach beverly roosters roads chlorine symphony
Reviewed 20 May 2017

This lovely hotel is nestled amidst a tropical forest and set amidst the backdrop of Brewer's Bay. Our stay there was from May 10th to the 19th. The following review highlights some of experience at the ICIS Villas and why we give it a 5 star rating.

Villa: We had a one bedroom villa (villa #2) on the second floor of a 4 one bedroom unit complex. The room was spacious, extremely clean. It came complete with a full size kitchen within which there was a dining table and a sitting area with tv. It was plenty big for two people. The kitchen/dining/living area opened up with large frosted patio doors to a large balcony with a sitting table and chairs. Sitting out here in the morning and evening was a delight. The bedroom was large with ample space. It was equipped with an air conditioning unit which could be controlled by remote control. There were 2 large windows in the bedroom which opened to allow the breeze, sounds of nature, and sun in. The bathroom was equipped with a full shower and tub. The water pressure was great and always hot water was in plentiful supply.

Resort Dining Area: The resort offers an open air dining area/bar. Continental breakfast is served here daily from 830 am to 10 am. There were a variety of fresh fruits, coffee/tea, cereal, and breads. This was more than enough for our needs. I did hear that upon request the kitchen would make eggs for guests though we never requested such as what was provided was enough to satisfy us. They did have a dinner menu but it was only available upon request.

Pool: There was a lovely pool on the grounds, clean and great for lounging around at. It was sheltered by numerous trees.

Grounds: The grounds appeared much like a tropical rainforest would. The sounds of nature with birds and insects and of course the infamous BVI roosters provided a daily/nightly symphony. We love nature and so we loved listening to the different sounds.

Beach: Only a 3-5 minute walk to Brewer's Bay Beach; one of the most secluded and pristine beaches on Tortola. We snorkeled there one day.

Location: Brewer's Bay is located in a quiet and secluded area. We rented a car so as to be able to easily get around the island and visit many of the noted attractions. The roads are extremely windy with steep overarching hills and deep valleys. Driving on your own could be quite a challenge if not used to such winding and steep roads. We quite enjoyed the challenge. Once we got used to it, the trips to and from road town took around 20 minutes and to Cane Garden Bay about 10 minutes. Driving around the island was also quick and easy.

People: Perhaps most notable was how friendly and accommodating the staff at ICIS Villas were. Beverly, who manages the estate was warm, friendly and always around to provide support and attend to our needs. Everyone working there was excellent and always greeting us with a smile. It truly felt like being at home with family.

Wi-Fi: Free Wi-Fi. Never a problem accessing Wi-Fi.

Overall: ICIS Villas is definitely some place I wouldn't hesitate to return to. For us, the seclusion, solitude, friendliness, cleanliness and beauty of this resort made it a 5 star for us.

Room Tip: Higher level room i.e. on second floor
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2017

This is a private hidaway away from the crowds of Road Town. Large room with all the amenities needed. Dining area great for meals and relaxing.
Easy walk to the bay and beach. Staff is very accommodating and fun.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2017

My husband and I spent 6 nights at this small paradise. The room we stayed in was perfect. It was cleaned and tidied with care every day. We ate most of our meals there because we could not stand the thought of leaving. The pool is sparkling clean and the attention to detail in regards to lighting made it a wonderful place to sit in the evenings. The grounds were lush and tropical and we could hear the tree frogs at night.
We walked to Brewers Bay Beach multiple times a day because it was such a beautiful walk. Everyone was eager to make sure everything was perfect for our stay. My husband said he could not remember being so relaxed. We are looking forward to going back.

Stayed: February 2017
1  Thank bluemorphomaine
Reviewed 3 March 2017

What a stroke of luck finding Icis Villas and her incredible staff. We felt like family and they treated us like honoured guests. Only had two nights before picking up our bareboat, but we will be back!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2017

The positives:

Icis villas is nestled away from EVERYTHING. It's pretty cool and Brewers bay is nothing short of spectacular. There are rarely more than a few people at the beach and the water is calm and beautiful surrounded by stunning landscape. It's only a 5 minute walk from the villas.

Chickens run around every-ware and you sure don't feel like you are staying at a holiday inn.

Because of the rural nature of the hotel it is around a 30-45 minute taxi (about $50-$60) from the airport or the boat docks.

The staff came through for me big time, as I had requested an early check in so I could make a boat for work and they got me into my room by 10 am - and I was VERY appreciative of their efforts.

The front desk also helped me with Taxi's and the internet speeds are very good.

The Air conditioning in the room works great and the rooms are big and have tile floors. The kitchen area is spacious and the water pressure in the shower is fine.

Negatives:

1. The food portions at the hotel are SMALL. I had a fair amount of trouble getting them to make a proper vegan meal and I was met with some bad looks and bad energy when I asked for more food. There really is no other options for food any place near the hotel so you are at their mercy when it comes to dinner, if you choose to eat at the villa.

2. Breakfast is a joke. Coffee, Tea, Bread and Fruit. Nothing else.

3. I am pretty paranoid of sleeping with mosquitos and I do a proper job of keeping my door and windows closed, as to not bring the critters in bed with me. One evening I returned to my villa after a long day of work on one of the islands and my door was left wide open as a maintenance man worked on something in my room. I wouldn't of minded as much if A. The door was closed. B. The hotel staff would have let me know that they needed to work in my room (he also moved some of my stuff, which I was not thrilled about)

4. The amount of chlorine in the pool almost makes it un-swim-able so thank goodness that brewers bay is so damn close.

I appreciate the staffs efforts but overall the experience just fell short of what I had hoped.

Happy Travels