“We LOVE this restaurant!”

The Palms Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 96 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our little Caribbean style restaurant has so much to offer: Laid back ambiance, great service, but the most important, delicious home cooked meals that will make you come back for more again and again. Like us on Facebook and be part of our community! (Please note that we are a cash only establishment)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We LOVE this restaurant! Gregg and Jo are so friendly and the food is outstanding! My favorite entree is garlic shrimp with rice and beans. Jo’s carrot cake is THE BEST!!! Gregg regularly makes new and exciting cheesecakes and they are always WONDERFUL!!! Top that all off with wonderful martinis and other fun drinks

Date of visit: February 2021
ThePalmsSXM, Owner at The Palms Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

What a great review!!! Thank you so much, its very heart warming to read it!

Write a reviewReviews (815)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wow! Don’t walk..RUN to this place. A must stop while visiting. This place is absolutely awesome. Food was excellent and service was amazing. We went on a Monday night and during Covid. Obviously slower than usual but it worked out in our favor. We got the chance to speak with Greg the chef for a long time. He was SO incredibly friendly and extremely helpful in terms of telling us about the island...where to go and what to see. Seems like a guy who I’d hang out with quite a bit if I lived on the island.

As far as consumption goes..first, do yourself a favor and start off with the passion fruit caipirinha. It’s OFF THE CHARTS. What a tasty cocktail Jo made for us (also SUPER friendly BTW!) ! For my main dish I had the veal special with mushroom sauce. Simply amazing....SO GOOD. My wife had the chicken with the same mushroom sauce and she RAVED about it and she hates mushrooms! Go figure. For dessert we shared Greg’s homemade cheesecake with cherry compote. Another winner! A+.
No BS...I never ever write reviews. In fact I think this may be my first one I’ve written... ever. Can’t say enough about this place and I’m one of those picky foodies who complains about everything.
Seriously...go to this restaurant. You will NOT be disappointed.

Date of visit: February 2021

Wow!!! This makes our day!!! What an awesome comment, it really warms my heart. Thank you so much for all the nice compliments and thank you for sharing. Hope to see you again!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing food and cocktails, I can’t say enough good things as the atmosphere makes you feel super comfortable too. And conversing with Greg and Joe was a total bonus!!

Date of visit: February 2021

Thank you very much for your nice review! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us!

Reviewed 24 January 2021

Nice environment, nice employees, nice place, super recommended, I’ll visit more that one time, absolutely awesome

Date of visit: January 2021
ThePalmsSXM, Owner at The Palms Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2021

What a great review!! Thank you so much for your support!! I'm very happy that you had a good time with us. See you soon!

Reviewed 11 January 2021

Hungry, tired, travel weary we asked the owners of The Horny Toad where we were staying where to walk for dinner. "Just down the road to The Palms." Sure, right, I just wanted to be pampered and indulged and figured anything we could walk to just wouldn't meet my needs! I was WRONG......happily.

Sitting outdoors comfortably in a somewhat eclectic setting we were pampered, indulged, treated as if we were special by the entire staff. The menu was varied and my garlic allergy was easily accommodated. We relaxed and ate and drank and unwound and walked "home" totally satisfied.

Because our St. Martin stay was brief we never had an opportunity to return but we absolutely would do it again. Chef/owner Greg was a delight, obviously well trained, relaxed yet professional and we throughly enjoyed our conversations with him.

Thanks for the royal treatment, dinner, soothing our weary bodies.

Note: no credi cards

Date of visit: December 2020
3  Thank Karen G

This is exactly why we do this job. Your comment is a great reward, thank you so much for letting us know how much you enjoyed your experience. I feel like we did a good job and it makes me extremely happy!! Thank you again, and see you next time:)