All reviews the cottages outdoor shower pool bar swim up suite our honeymoon daily specials private plunge pool all inclusive package infinity edge ocean view junior suite standard menu private cottage main building st lucia main pool couples massage bumpy road
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife I stayed at this resort November 3rd- November 16th, 2018. This was our first trip to St. Lucia and Calabash Cove Resort. We normally research extensively before traveling to a new place but for some reason this time we didn't. Hopefully this review will save you some time with your research.

Starting with St. Lucia-

The island is a beautiful as you can imagine. When you land be prepared for an hour and a half drive from the airport to the resort. We weren't aware of this but the drive was so nice it didn't bother us. The transfer drivers are knowledgable and you feel like your getting a tour of the island on your way to the resort. The air port is on the southern most part of the island and the resort is on the far northwest side of the island. It's really not that far away but because the roads are so winding it takes quite a bit of time. You'll drive through the rain forest along the way. You can also book a helicopter that will save you over an hour. Cost is about $200.00 per person.

Calabash Cove Resort-

From the minute you walk into the resort you'll feel welcome. The first thing you'll be greeted with is the stunning view of the ocean from the open lobby. The resort has 26 rooms of which some are swim up and some are cottages. We stayed in room 210 which had an awesome view.

The food-

We found the food to be exceptional. Chef Paul and his team do a great job. There is a specials of the day page that they'll include with the standard menu. We mostly did the specials and were never disappointed. Everyday for dinner there was someone playing live music. Don't be in a hurry to eat as it takes a little longer than expected but worth the wait.

The Spa-

We definitely recommend the spa. Because we were there for two weeks we spaced out our treatments. When we first arrived we did the 80 minute Spa Sampler couples massage. Highly recommend. We also did pedicures and Swedish massages. All were wonderful. The spa is a little on the pricey side but we found the service justified the price.

The Staff-

As Dexter, the General Manager, put it "They are gems". That they are. Everyone there works so hard. Lance, Chris, Shenelle, Dina, Trevon, The rock, and Murlon all made memorable impressions on us. I'm sure we missed someone but everyone was great.

Tours/Activities-

There are Sunset cruises out of Rodney Bay that are worth checking out. We went on one called Carnival. I don't believe they're affiliated with the cruise lines. I believe it was $75.00 per person. We also did the Tout Bagay Catamaran Day tour which takes you to see the Pitons, plantation tour, Marigot Bay, Snorkeling, Waterfall and mud bath. We paid $110.00 per person. Highly recommend. It's an all day tour. There is also a Street party in Gros Islet that is popular with the locals. It's every Friday night and I understand it starts around 9. Unfortunately it was cancelled the day we went due to rain. You can search Trip Advisor for St. Lucia Gros Islet street party and it will come up.

You won't regret St. Lucia and you won't regret Calabash Cove.

Bob and Sofia Turner

Room tip: 208,209,210 have the best views. We stayed in 210.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dext8r2017, Manager at Calabash Cove Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind feedback and for sharing your review about your 2 weeks visit to Calabash Cove Resort & Spa. We could not be happier to know that you had perfect holiday at our hotel and that you truly enjoyed all of our offerings. We are also happy to note your satisfaction with your aspect of your vacation

Our aim is to provide our guests with the best possible experience and it is great that you thoroughly loved all that we had to offer. We do hope to have you for another amazing stay in the very near future.

Thank you for highlighting our beautiful St. Lucia, staff, spa, tours, service and food . We look forward to welcoming you back home soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is stunning. Our swim up suite was amazing. The owner and all of his staff are incredibly friendly. They make the effort for the extra touch like knowing our name.
The swim up bar in the pool is well stocked and Lance and Chennel really know how to make great cocktails.
The food is delicious, a great range to chose from.
There are a couple of things that may make it difficult for those less able bodied, mainly the steps.
The hotel is small, 26 or so rooms, no kids and quite quiet.
I could go on but basically I couldn’t recommend this highly enough.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dext8r2017, Manager at Calabash Cove Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review your vacation experience with us at Calabash Cove Resort & Spa! It sounds like you truly enjoyed every moment of your experience with us, from our wide selection of delicious dining options, attentive service from our friendly staff and management team, and excellent bar cocktails.

We greatly appreciate your kind comments and thoughtful feedback, and we're looking forward to welcoming your return for another fantastic island getaway!

Reviewed 19 October 2018

Was fortunate to visit this piece of paradise as part of a St Lucia Tourist board fam trip about a week ago and to say it took my breath away is an understatement. The food was incredible, the hosts were fun and very accommodating. The rooms are to die for and the beach is gorgeous and if you have the chance to have a dinner on the pontoon ..... do it!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank PeterO693
Dext8r2017, General Manager at Calabash Cove Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

On behalf of our staff and management team, thank you for joining us for your visit to beautiful St. Lucia! At Calabash Cove Resort & Spa, we put great time and devotion into assuring our guests are well looked after, and we are truly honored by your wonderful compliments commending our efforts.

We can't thank you enough for your kind words of support, and we sincerely look forward to welcoming your next visit for another terrific visit in the near future!

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I spent an all inclusive weekend at Calabash Cove and it exceeded my expectations. At 26 rooms it was just the right size for couples who want a romantic getaway. The location is private and secluded but yet minutes away from main tourist areas and the capital city.

Once there you forget about everything else. We stayed in a standard room which surprisingly had a jacuzzi love seat writing desk and balcony with a breathtaking views. It was private quiet and peaceful. The room is what you would expect from a 5 star resort. Everything was on point ....housekeeping did a great job. Wifi was very fast and reliable throughout the property ...complimentary as well

The restaurant has one of the best views you can find. The staff are very friendly and accomodating. St. Lucians are known for their hospitality. The food was excellent in my view. There was no buffet which is a good thing ....I prefer a la carte. The menu had good variety and even in the slow season was exceptional. The kitchen did a great job....all the meals were presented with pride and were tasty as I would expect in the caribbean. I would recommend the all inclusive option at this resort....it is great value.

The swim up bar and pool area was quite large for a 26 room resort which in itself was picturesque and offered great views from the infinity edge. There are swim up pool side rooms which looked very appealing as well. We had lunch and cocktails at the pool bar ...the menu again had many options and the service was impeccable.

I used the gym which was air conditioned and seem well maintained. I loved the beach and area above it to relax and enjoy the caribbean breeze and fantastic views. There are beachfront cottages with plunge pools also which are quite attractive with the intricate woodwork and high end finishes.

My girlfriend and I enjoyed our stay and our expectations were exceeded in every area....a well maintained property and grounds kitchen housekeeping restaurant reception....everyone was friendly and courteous. My impression is that the resort is managed well with everyone doing their bit to provide an exceptional guest experience.

The effort shows in so many ways.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dext8r2017, General Manager at Calabash Cove Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

We wish to extend our gratitude for taking the time to provide such thoughtful, kind and comprehensive feedback regarding your recent stay at Calabash Cove Resort & Spa. We could not be more thrilled to learn that you had a lovely stay and that our beautiful grounds, gorgeous beach, fabulous and spacious accommodations, as well as delicious cuisine and cocktails was able to contribute to this. We believe that we have the best team in the business, and we are delighted that you agree. We are happy to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and received outstanding service. Once again, we thank you for your review and for allowing us to host you on your holiday. We can only hope that your travels bring you back to St. Lucia soon and that you will be able to rejoin your Calabash Cove 'family' in the very near future.

Again thank you from the entire team!

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this beautiful resort. I checked in ALONE, my room was reserved in my name ONLY and I was the ONLY person listed on my reservation yet they allowed a man (my ex) to come on the property without a reservation, say he was there to surprise, they let him in my room while i wasn't there AND gave him a room key. When i informed the manager of this security breach all he had to say was Wow sorry! As a single woman i did not feel safe at this property at all! Terrible customer service.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank TravelLeader914
Dext8r2017, Manager at Calabash Cove Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

We thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent visit to Calabash Cove Resort & Spa. As a valued guest we truly welcome an open rapport, as we strive to learn from past experiences and improve upon our services. As a valued guest, our goal was to have provided you with a flawless stay, hence you can imagine how disappointed we were to hear that you were not pleased with your experience at the resort.

We were surprised to hear that this was your experience, however, upon meeting you, you requested that the matter be dealt with after your departure and made us promise to such. In honouring your request we did so.

Again, we truly regret hearing about such unfavorable experience and we have since place measures so that situation would not occur again. We hope you however give us another opportunity to host you as we would love to regain your confidence in our brand during a future stay.