7,978 results
All reviews sunset bluff butler service sandals regency la toc joe knows main pool our honeymoon butler suite pavilion restaurant piton restaurant cricketers pub st lucia piano bar two story main building private pool red flag
Reviewed 2 May 2018

We stayed at the Sandals Regency La Toc in early March to attend the wedding of our two friends. We had previously stayed at Sandals Grande in St. Lucia only a few months prior for our own honeymoon. So while I cannot say enough great things about St. Lucia and the Sandals Grande resort, our experience at La Toc could not have been any worse.
We struggled to have our room cleaned. We would be gone the entire day starting around 8:30 in the morning, only to return to our room around 5 and it still was not clean nor had clean towels to shower for the evening festivities.
Quite possibly the worst part of the trip was our spa services. We had received spa services at the Grande a few months earlier and only assumed that the Sandals La Toc's Red Lane Spa would also offer a similar relaxing, luxurious experience. I had booked our spa services approximately 1-2 weeks before our trip via telephone. My husband and I had pedicures around 9AM and we were also scheduled for a Tropical Paradise Couples Massage at 10AM. After being escorted to our perspective locker rooms to change, one of the attendants attempted to lead us into a massage room for our massages and I quickly informed her that we were scheduled for a Tropical Paradise Massage (which should occur on the beach or in the tropical gardens, as per the Sandals website). She stated that they would have to set up our massages outside, as she was not informed that we had scheduled the Tropical Massage. Harmless enough until we were escorted literally across the resort, through the pool area in front of hundreds of people IN OUR ROBES. I was completely mortified and quite annoyed at this point, as the waiting time was seriously cutting into our time to spend with our friends and soak up some sun. Our massage finally began around 11 and we were on the gazebo in front of two of the resorts more popular lunchtime restaurants--Neptunes and Bella Napoli (pizza). I tried so hard to enjoy this massage knowing how much we paid for it, but I was SO uncomfortable the entire time knowing there were complete strangers within earshot distance (since I heard them the whole time) watching my husband and me get massaged. Once the massage was over, both of the therapists struggled to help me get back into my robe as the wind was blowing and I was completely naked and oh did I mention there were complete strangers everywhere watching this. It was mortifying. They gave us a "goody bag" of various Red Lane Spa items that were part of a promotion the day we went which was fine until later...To make matters worse--we spent about an hour of our last day at the resort battling with the spa attendants over being DOUBLE CHARGED for the massages and pedicures, as we had already been charged for them before we arrived to the resort (when I booked the services). On top of that, they said they I needed to return the "free" goody bag they had given me on the day of our services, because it was a promotion for purchase only on that day. So I also had to go BACK to my room and retrieve this for them after it was all THEIR mistake. It was a nightmare that was so poorly dealt with and absolutely zero apologies were made when we attempted to complain to the front desk.
The service in general was so poor. Hardly anyone greeted us or spoke to us after check-in. Getting drinks at the bars took 10-15 minutes. By the end of the trip we would order 2 or 3 drinks at once to prevent all of the waiting. And of course, no apologies were made for the wait.
The resort in general is VERY spread out. Be aware that there are certain parts of the resort that require a shuttle to get to, as they are up a very steep mountain-side. The food was decent at best.
There were absolutely not enough chairs for the pool. You could not reserve chairs the night before and unless you paid for a butler-level room for the butler to reserve your pool chairs at 6 in the morning, you would not get a pool chair. This was most annoying because there were several days when we saw chairs that had towels laid out by butlers, but no one ever came to use the chairs. I understand that you get what you pay for in this situation, but there simply were not enough lounge chairs to accommodate that size resort.
Several people in our party had issues with their rooms during our stay. From room keys not working, to broken air conditioners. One couple in our group was finally upgraded to another room after sleeping in their hot room for two nights, despite complaining that their air conditioner was broken.
This resort looks very old. Water stains in the ceilings, mildew carpet smells.
I really do not recommend staying here. St. Lucia itself is beautiful. Although we did not stay at the Sandals Halcyon, I can't imagine it's any worse than the Regency La Toc. My advice is this: if you are coming to St. Lucia and want to do Sandals--stay at the Grande. Stay anywhere other than La Toc. This resort is shameful to the Sandals family.
Despite this--I have to give credit to Joachim at the front desk, who listened to our complaints, unfortunately we met him on our last day so nothing much could be done at that point. Keitha with the entertainment staff was extremely friendly and helpful. And Pat in the Rewards office was wonderful helping us get our account set up for future travel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
10  Thank paigewalexander
Shawn R, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Regency La Toc, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Hello Paige and thank you for your review of Sandals Regency La Toc. While we are glad to see that you had pleasant experiences with some of our team members, we were sorry if other areas were not similarly to your satisfaction as we do aim to exceed all expectations of quality customer service and luxury inclusions. What you described is certainly not reflective of our dedication to providing guests with the highest possible standards of service and quality, and we deeply apologize if you felt slighted at any point during your stay as we can assure you this was never our intention. While we regret that it seems Resort Management was not made aware of your sentiments during your stay so that they could clarify any misunderstandings, we wish to assure you that we do appreciate your feedback and we remain respectful of the opinions you have expressed. Should you have any lingering concerns, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team at customersupport@sandals.com and we would be happy to speak with you. We are glad that your prior experiences at some of our other resorts were more in line with our standards and we only hope that you would not be deterred from visiting another one of our resorts that may be more to your liking in the future, as we would appreciate an opportunity to restore your faith in our resort family.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend the nature tour around the beautiful grounds of the resort. If you are super lucky your guide will be Linus who’s exstensive knowledge and humour added to the experience. He took us to the greenhouse and introduced us to his fellow grounds man and we met the plant doctor Lazarus who is responsible for ensuring all plants, trees and shrubs look amazing all year round. Loved it!! Xx

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LozzieM2
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

We have just been given the most wonderful tour of the grounds by Linus. His botanical knowledge is immense. He told us stories of how local names developed for certain plants. We went to the green house where he showed us the plant nursery, informed us how they rotate the gardens to keep them fresh and introduced us to Lazarus, the plant doctor. Linus told us about the birds and their calls and showed us their favourite tree so we could get some photos. We had a fab time and would highly recommend anybody staying here who is interested in nature to join Linus on his tour.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

The resort is a beautiful place, ALL of the staff were so welcoming and willing to help with anything during the entire time of our stay. The grounds are well landscaped and clean. The food is top notch quality food for it being all inclusive, drinks are good with premium liquor if requested. The beach was very clean and close to the pool with enough lounging chairs for everyone. Do not expect a large beach it's only about 1/4 of a mile it's very private but very nice. We did enjoy a spa treatment couples massage on the beach. Keren and Gemma were our massage therapist and they were wonderful. Such nice women that did a great job, very relaxing and exactly what we needed. We brought our own goggles and snorkels and went snorkeling on the beach, there is alot to see if your into saltwater fish tanks. My husband does it as a hobby so we were seeing alot of things we are familiar with, to a regular person not into the hobby you may say otherwise. The resort is very organized with activities all week long and different evening events each night. They provide a excursion service on site to book with outside local activities. We did the wet and wild and deep sea fishing. (Will discuss these below)

We stayed in a honeymoon hideaway butler suite 1 bedroom with a plunge pool. The area we were in the pool was shaded most of the time so it was too cold for my liking so we didn't get to use it like I would have liked. If they changed those over to Jacuzzi's that would be more ideal. The room was very clean other then the couch, it's a light tan so you can see where people rubbed on the edges, they should uses washable couch covers. Housekeeping was perfect the bed was always made, fresh towels, fridge re-stocked everyday. The butlers took care of anything you requested, this took a day to get used to using them. Ficus and Jesse were exceptional such nice men that were willing to do whatever always showed up with a smile on their face. (Side note) thanks for spoiling me with my notes out of flowers and leaves on the bed each evening so cool! These two are going to make traveling anywhere else very difficult. I hope they get recognized because they truly deserve it.

A few negative things about our trip I would like to point out. There are a few locals that come to the beach each day trying to get people to book excursions although the are very friendly and not pushy we were asked everyday multiple times which got to be very annoying. One of the locals even asked us to go to the bar and get 2 beers for him. The resort has sporting activities, kayaks sailboats etc. The area they have these at are at the far end of the beach but we learned that the entire beach is open to whoever wants to drive by in boats, with people in the water on the beach and snorkeling they should have it blocked off to where local boats can only come in so far so the people in the water don't have to worry about getting hit by a boat.

(Hate to talk about this) The wet and wild experience was just ok. It was an all day excursion left at 8am and was back 7pm. You start out on a boat about a 45 min ride to soulfriere where you met your tour guide. All loaded in this van that had endless seats and about 11+ of us and taken to the buggie's snoop was the name of our main tour guide and he was nice but on island time it was about 40 mins of instructions on how to drive manual buggies and then we finally started off, we drove on roads the entire time (no off reading at all) we were taken to a restaurant at the top of a mountain (beautiful views) good food, then taken to a black sand beach, then to the mud pools and then to the waterfall, back to drop the buggies off and back to the boat to a reef to snorkel and then sail off to watch the sunset. By the time we finished with everything I was to exhausted I just wanted to get back to our room shower and relax. It wasn't until then (showered and relaxing) that I realized we were not educated on anything that we saw. Nothing about the volcano, nothing about the waterfall. That was very disappointing.

Overall our trip was wonderful and everything I could of asked for. I would highly recommend staying at La Toc. Request Ficus and Jesse as your butlers you will not be dissapointed.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2018

La Toc is a beautiful resort, ALL of the staff were so welcoming and willing to do whatever the entire time of our stay. The beach front was very clean and had plenty of lounge chairs for everyone. The resort is very clean, all the food we had was so delicious and good quality food presented beautifully, endless food and drinks. Thursday was a chocolate party and it was divine!!!!!

Room Tip: We had a butler room 1 bedroom with a plunge pool, the area we were in the pool was to cold for my liking with little sun so we didn't use this as much as I would have wanted too. I would of loved it if it were a Jacuzzi. The room itself was very nice and clean. The couches are a light tan color so I believe those should have covers because ours had dirt on the edges which made them unappealing. The fridge was always stocked, liquor in the room, fresh towels everyday honestly it was so great! Our butlers Ficus and Jesse truly made our trip, at first it took a little getting used to having a butler but having them is going to make our travels to any other place very hard. Ficus and Jesse were so nice and caring these men honestly deserve to be recognized. We were given everything we requested with no hesitation. (Side note) thank you so much for spoiling me with the messages on our bed every evening. These men are really good at what they do!
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Courtkneelvira2018