All reviews slice of heaven violet isla amenities patio caribbean jeep beaches vieques
Reviewed 4 May 2017

We loved our stay at Enchanted Garden Inn and look forward to returning soon and often. The suite was roomy and had all the amenities we needed - desk, sitting area, television, well-appointed kitchenette, bathroom, large shower, extra comfy bed and linens including beach towels. We enjoyed the peaceful surroundings of the Inn's grounds while we relaxed on the deck each morning with coffee and evening with cocktails. It was nice to have the kitchenette to prepare a couple of meals and to store drinks and picnic supplies. We visited many of the beaches, a few restaurants and did the bio bay tour with JAK Watersports during our stay and the location made for a perfect base to our daily adventures around the island in our Jeep rented from Maritza's. Violet and Jim were AMAZING hosts, their suggestions and input were spot on and made us almost feel like locals as we explored all the island has to offer. The Enchanted Garden Inn is the perfect place to stay to enjoy Vieques, which is perfect destination for a laid back vacation away from the hustle/bustle and crowds found elsewhere in the Caribbean.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2016

We had an amazing vacation sourrended by enchanted nature. The studio is furnished, clean and quiet. The owners are very frienfly, helpful and sweet.
We loved the views and it is close to everything!!

Room Tip: Corner studios are the best for couples to enjoy a quiet vacation.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2016

We stayed here for 3 nights in December. Room had everything we could want. We were able to go to local grocery store and buy stuff to cook for a few meals as well. The shower was nice too. The bathroom portion has a door but it is a slated door and it open at the top. if privacy is a major issue then you may not love that part. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. There is a resident rooster but I have chickens so I didn't mind at all. Made me miss home for about 2 seconds! Take ear plugs just in case, but you should have them when you travel no matter where you are going! We rented a scooter and for us it was perfect! We drove that sucker all over the place! If you can get your hands on a jeep, that would be even better for speed purposes and going to town (which is not far) and getting groceries or eating out. There are wild horses every where! They will pop out in front of you on the road as well but they are cool to see. The W no longer allows anyone but their own guests to enter the property, so you can no longer walk down to the beach from the Enchanted Garden Inn. They were actually rude about it. There are plenty of beautiful beaches to visit though and this is a great place to base yourself from!

Room Tip: We stayed on the bottom end unit and it was more private.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank redtravels2015
Reviewed 10 April 2014

If you are new to discovering the Isla de Vieques, may I suggest staying at Enchanted Garden Inn. I've stayed here for two years in a row and am hooked!! Studio #1 is a perfect spot to unwind after a day out. It's a peaceful, clean, beautiful place with easy access, a private patio all the necessities of home, and is appointed beautifully inside. The property is close to the airport, grocery store and downtown, but is also outside of town enough so you can enjoy the quiet evenings. Violet and Jim are great hosts. Everything you need for the beach is provided.

As a side note, I left a credit card in the room when I departed. Anita made sure to secure it until Violet could contact me and drop it in the mail after my return to the states. This was a great help to me as I hadn't even missed it for the remaining two weeks of my vacation. Thank you, Anita!!

Enjoy your stay. Vieques is a wonderful, easy island to fall in love with. We will be returning again in January 2015 for a week and will most definitely be in Studio #1, our home away from home.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nmyers6629
Reviewed 6 April 2014

What a slice of heaven. We stayed at this Inn, and it was like paradise. The rooms were very clean and the property was just amazing. We didn't have a car and the owner Violet picked up at the airport, she was just awesome, with an infectious laugh, made sure that we got well situated. Really could not ask for a better host. There are awesome beaches that we walked to everyday we stayed there. Also if you want to take a walk, there is a nice upscale bar with friendly staff, and patrons, you can hang out at in the evenings. The island is full of beaches- amazingly beautiful. Horses strolling freely, and great beauty. We hung out on the roof, which was nicely furnished. We felt safe, welcomed, and well taken care of. I will definitely go back and stay at the This place. Ii really can't wait to go back. Have fun, you'll LOVE IT!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family