“PERFECT!”
Welcome!
Cima del Mundo Vacation Suites The 19 stairs that lead to our private entrance pass right by the pool.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Cima del Mundo Vacation Suites
The 19 stairs that lead to our private entrance pass right by the pool.
Welcome to the Del Mar Suite landing. The laundry room is just off to the left.
After approaching the welcoming entrance, we turned around-shower, grill, places to hang our gear!
Once inside: I can't believe the size of this suite!
This great room will accommodate all 6 of us, comfortably with large TV, BOSE bluetooth speaker!
Dining area looking out toward terrace. 6 fit comfortably.
Sunset on the terrace overlooking the vast sea! What a great way to relax after our busy day.
Another view of the big island from our terrace.
I love how the artfully lit kitchen is fully equipped. Look at all that counter space!
First bedroom with all the comforts of home.
I will be comfortably slewing here on these high thread count sheets!
Inside the mirrored closet are our thirsty, large beach towels.
yay! Two reading lamps and a bureau.
Second bedroom with 2 twin beds. Cozy and colorful.
We call this the Premier bedroom.
What a fabulous panorama outside my bedroom window!
Ceiling fan and air conditioning - Whatever I'm in the mood for.
Quiet reading nook.
Mmmm, comfy! Great mattress and high thread count sheets.
Luggage racks!  They've thought of everything!
Bright, clean bathroom. I see the artwork is an original watercolor from a Viequense artist.
Delicious and what a view!
I'm sure we'll enjoy the shade - eventually.
Sparkling!
Tucker, the wonder dog! Our sato 'jungle dog' who adopted us and a safe, happy home.
A romantic evening spot.
Part of the horse family who likes to dine in our yard.
Is that an alligator I see from the balcony of the Del Mar Suite?
Que magnifico! Quick morning shower brings beautiful rainbows.
Bastimento Beach-3 minutes down the hill (looking east).
Bastimento Beach-preparing for sunset (looking west)
Swimming with the horses at Bastimento Beach (looking east).
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

higwenn
Boston
“PERFECT!”
Reviewed 7 June 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Yes, yes, and yes to what everyone has written before us!! We stayed here in late March, but our vacation abruptly ended due to a medical emergency back home. We needed to fly home immediately. Deborah and Dennis could not have been kinder, more sympathetic, or generous. We even received follow-up emails and they sent their condolences. My faith in humanity was brightened because of them. Seriously. They enjoy a good sense of humor too...so share yours with them! :)

Cima Del Mundo: Bright, airy, uncluttered, immaculate, romantic and perfectly appointed...just what you are wishing for on vacation. The island: Great unoccupied beaches, cute bars and restaurants, completely casual with horses roaming free on the roads! Visit before it becomes gentrified.

We can't wait to return to Cima Del Mundo and finish our vacation!

Gwenn and Roger
Marblehead, MA

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
6 Jun 2013
Dear G and R,

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay at "Cima" and on our beautiful island. "Informal" is a wonderful way to describe it!

It is meeting people like you, who become part of our extended family, that is so rewarding for us. Thank you for taking us into your confidence, making us feel like a part of *your* family.

We hope you will be able to return to La Isla Neña and continue to enjoy the fun and beauty of our island.

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy days to write this review. We appreciate your efforts and your compliments.

The very best to you,
Deborah
Emily W
Boston, Massachusetts
“Beautiful view, beautiful home, cannot recommend enough! I will go back.”
Reviewed 29 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

First of all, if you're looking for a place to stay on Vieques - look no further. Cima del Mundo is perfect.

Stayed here for 3 days in late May 2013 with a group of 6 and it was one of the highlights of our Puerto Rico trip. The pictures do not do the place justice and Debbie and Dennis were wonderful hosts. Some highlights:

The view: The 3 bedroom suite has a large balcony overlooking the ocean. We enjoyed leisurely breakfasts while watching a rainbow, and listened to the birds and coqui at night while grilling out or enjoying local rum.

The kitchen: They've thought of everything. From wine openers and can openers, to Tupperware and Ziploc bags, this kitchen is beautifully stocked with high quality items. I loved having knives that actually cut, a choice of cutting boards, pans, bowls, wine glasses, etc. There was a blender, coffee maker, toaster as well as spices and oils. I'd be happy with this kitchen in my own house and was THRILLED to have so many options available in a rental property.

The beds: The 3-bedroom suite we stayed in had 2 queen beds and 2 twin beds. The beds were of great quality, the linens were soft, and the rooms were very calming. The master room has a breathtaking view, and all three rooms have fans, lights and AC units. We didn't need the AC because the breezes were so nice, but it was nice that it was available. There was extra bedding and pillows available in the closets as well.

The bathroom: Nice high shower, more towels than we needed. Debbie and Dennis also provided huge beach towels.

Other amenities: There was a huge washer and dryer, a gas grill and a room full of beach toys, chairs and an umbrella. There is also a small TV with satellite TV. We kept that off except for some satellite radio music, but this may be important to some. The wifi worked well. We also had an alarm system which gave us a piece of mind, even though our group felt safe in Vieques.

The hosts: I cannot say enough about these two. We were a group of 6, all mid to late-20s/early 30s. One member of our group stepped on a sea urchin (or 12) and got over 100 spines stuck in her foot. Debbie played mom - pulling out towels to apply a poultice of epson salt, and providing buckets full of white vinegar for her to soak her foot in. Dennis tracked down a pair of crutches for her to use for the remainder of our trip when the pharmacy was closed for a holiday weekend. They picked us up from the ferry station, took us to our rental car and Debbie was super responsive via text and email when we were planning the trip.

I will be recommending this vacation home to my parents and to my friends.

Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
28 May 2013
Dear Emily,
Dennis and I so enjoyed having been given the opportunity to host your group's stay on our Isla Nena. You and your friends are the epitome of great guests!
I must say the "Sea Urchin Caper" was quite an adventure. "C" was a brave woman and quite a trooper during it all! Having never tangled with a sea urchin before, I received quite an education on how treacherous they are. Among the many things I learned about them is to suggest our guests wear water shoes when participating in water sports near rocks and coral.
I hope our paths cross again, in the future. The next visit's lesson will be on "Fire Coral". :)
All the best to you and yours,
Deborah
New york
Reviewed 24 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
24 Mar 2013
Thank you for your kind review. It was our privilege to host you and P. and look forward to your return!
The view this morning includes boats! Sailboats, yachts and fishing boats! Beautiful!
VT
Reviewed 8 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
8 Mar 2013
Dear C and L, Thank you for your kind words. We enjoyed hosting you! I am so happy you enjoyed your return trip to Vieques. Amazing, isn't it, that as busy as you were, there's still more to see and do! We're looking forward to your return and continuing our new friendship. And...you did a great job with your tans! May you remember Vieques every time you look in the mirror.
Luke M
Burlington, Vermont
“Just Amazing”
Reviewed 8 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Not much more I can really say... But i'll try: My fiancee and I just got back from a week at Cima Del Mundo. It was the best, and easiest vacation rental experience I've ever had. Dennis came out to meet us at the airport, helped us get our rental car and showed us around the island a bit before taking us back to the house. The apartment was immaculate. You could instantly tell a lot of thought and effort has gone into making guests as comfortable as possible. We were able to wake up each morning, brew a pot of coffee and lounge on the deck which overlooked one of the absolute best views on the entire island. After a hard day of sitting on the beach (making use of the coolers, chairs, and umbrellas Dennis and Deborah kindly provided) we came back and made some snacks and mixed drinks in a kitchen stocked with just about anything you would need. While I definitely suggest eating out and trying out the local establishments, sometimes its nice to come HOME after a hard day on the beach, relax and make something yourself. (I say "home" because it truly did feel like coming home every night.) The grill on the deck was perfect for when we wanted to grill up a steak and watch the sunset. The bed was incredibly comfortable and while it may not be important to you, I appreciated the security system. It was nice to be able to lock any valuable items securely in the apartment while we were running around.

I can't thank Dennis and Deborah enough for their hospitality and generosity. While their residence is above the apartment it is completely separate and private. They were always available if we had questions or needed advice on where to find the best burger or rum drink, but at the same time they respected our privacy and we made ourselves right at home.

Thank you Deborah and Dennis, it was just amazing!

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Tile is slippery when wet!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway
7 Mar 2013
Luke,
Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad you had a wonderful time! We enjoyed hosting you, as well.
Being "foodies" ourselves, I'm glad you enjoyed utilizing the amenities provided for you. I'm also glad you took the opportunity to sample our wonderful restaurants on the island. As you saw, they are all privately owned and operated and are the best in the Caribbean! It's hard to decide which cuisine to enjoy, isn't it?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing