Free cancellation until 28/07
US$194
Priceline
US$156
US$141
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

During this past weekend group of friends and I booked to stay down at Hotel Meliá in Ponce. Long story short the room had some issues where they offered to move us to Solace By The Sea promising would be down by the beach (btw there’s no beach near by). Rooms were okay, nothing luxurious. First thing was there was no heated water, we were told apparently hotel was fully booked where pipelines for the heated water would take longer than usual. They offered an extra room JUST to take a shower, surprisingly the shower had issues were the water would keep running not turning off at all. Where we were just thinking we had damaged the shower. Running by front desk, they didn’t seem surprised at all because already knew that room had that situation going on. Good thing after midnight water actually heated. For the whole disappointment the hotel offered free breakfast the next morning for all of us (we were a total of 7). So next morning we all go down with our breakfast vouchers, needless to stay the “waitress” lacked of customer service and was improvising. More than hour of waiting of breakfast (there was bearly any guests), had to wait more than 20 minutes for coffee which was not good at all. We let the waitress know that we had waited long enough, where she just told us food was in it’s way. There was a couple on the table next to us, where they found HAIR on their food. So we left without breakfast (except 1 of our friends was able to eat), during check-out once we got to the front desk staff was already aware of the situation. Basically said sorry. And would contact us once she communicated with her manager. Surely enough, nothing happened. They charged us same rate as the original Hotel Meliá which is nothing compared to Solace by the Sea. Upsetting stay. Do not recommend. There are many options nearby if staying at Ponce.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank elishairaida
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel from june 9- june 10. We reserved Melia at ponce not solace by the sea. They called me early in the morning to change the reservation if I wanted to because it was a better hotel, since it was for vacation purposes they were giving me an upgrade. Which was a lie, later they told me it was because they had problem with there rooms at melia. We got there the rooms didn’t have hot water. When i went to front desk to give my complaint they just offer another room to use the shower that was broken it didn’t close. I went to front desk complain they just said we will talk to manager. Next day the breakfast took an hour and a half and when they brought it it was cold. We checked out all they said it’s we will talk to manager. I never received email we call today all she said was I can give you a complimentary 2 breakfast. Who wants a breakfast when I told her it was a bad experience and the lady next to us said the food of her had hair. I wasn’t the only one wo was having problems with there stayed. Plus it saids solace by the sea. There is no way to get to the sea. It is far from there. Just fake!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

I was there for a weekend and is very nice hotel. They have pool area with bar. The hotel have a relax enviroment, good music in the pool area and is near the Ponce highway so you can go out and visit many places in Ponce.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2018

Loved everything!! The service was great, my daughters loved being in the pool. Rooms were great and the beds were comfortable, we asked for the extra Crib and they brought it right away with no problems. Can't wait to stay again!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2018

Loved it!
Everything is close from the hotel and the service was great. In addition, the food from the restaurant was amazing! I will definitively stay there again. I hope that when the family comes back again to the island I can stay there again.

Room Tip: Be ready to visit Ponce
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family