3,580 results
All reviewsdon pablolas olasjazmin buffetlobby barjerk chickenroom servicea la carte restaurantsdolce vitachateaubriandpremium drinksgarden grilladults only sectionbutler servicedinner reservationspicasso restaurantnude beachpool side
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We just checked in today and our room was not ready at check in time. Once we arrived to our room, we noticed that the patio door is completely off track, and will not close. In turn, the air conditioning won't turn on. Maintenance's response was that the door can't be fixed. The front desk will not switch our room, so we have no air for the whole week. I am beyond pissed.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Lexi62269
BahiaPrincipeJamaica, Online Reputation at Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments.

Accept our sincerest apologies for the incident during your stay so far. We are investigating your case in order to give the best solution. Please, contact the Guest Service Manager in anything you could need.

We are always striving to give our guests the highest quality service so that they could stay absolutely content with their vacations at our hotel.

Sending you our Warmest regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2018

This resort is JUST AMAZING!!! We just got back on Sunday. Though we travel quite frequently, we’ve always been apprehensive about all inclusive, hence never taken one. This was our first one and it blew our mind. All I can say is that every good review here is true to word.

However let me fill you in on some not to great aspects:

Ala Carte – the restaurants are just ok. They're not bad, mind you. But considering the rest of the resort quality and service is absolutely delightful, the ala carte restaurants don’t measure up. When I go there next year, I will avoid Takara and Don Pablo specifically. The Brazilian grill and the Garden grill were slightly nicer. The Tenpanyaki experience was not bad. And I even forget what the other 2 restaurants were (not memorable haha). The buffet though is SUPERB!

Our shower was blocked. The water wouldn’t drain. The response was very quick and admirable. So was the concern. But eventually the problem wasn’t fixed. Since we were in that room for 5 days already and we got so used to that room and packing and unpacking seemed like a tedious task at that time, we just stayed on in the same room for the last 2 days. We overcame the issue by timing our showers. And in between my shower I would take the “draining time” to do the nail scrubbing etc. This wasn’t pleasant.

The folks are really nice and very friendly. However while some were genuinely friendly, some put on an act of being so. The resort must spend a lot of time and money training their staff to put on a friendly exterior, which is very nice. But this also meant that slightest variation in interactions would bring forth their true nature, which was not always warm and friendly. And on the other hand, some took their “joking and kidding” to the next level. I am a very jovial and engaging person by nature. And I felt like that. So my more reserved husband felt it slightly too much for his comfort.

Having said that, none of it will stop me from going there again. Just that I will be better prepared.

And people, please….please….tip the workers generously. They really work hard for a very low salary. We spent $180 dollars tipping. Just a dollar or 2 for every service you receive. The grill person, the omelette person, the towel guy, the entertainers, the people who tirelessly sweep and clean the corridors and the lobby…while we tip the servers, we tend to forget these people. Just tip everyone. Just tip!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank RayBT

Dear Guest:

On behalf of our team we thank you for taking the time to express the details of your holiday experience our hotel.

We appreciate your comments about our facility.

We always strive to provide our guests with the highest quality service so they can stay absolutely happy with their holiday.

For the points that you have mentioned, we have sent the information to the departments involved to apply the necessary actions that guarantee the quality of our services.

Thanks again for your choice and we hope you give us the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

The staff are friendly and the grounds are nice however they have some bad policies, like charging us for days when part of our group wasn't there. We brought this to there attention and we were told there was no way to know if the other guest was there or not. So I asked," then what are the wrist bands for?" Obviously they know when people are or are not there. We had days when we didn't have any room towels. And nights when food was ordered through room service that never arrived. And, they are militant when it comes to leaving the property. I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up have less noise from the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Louislouislouislouis

Dear Guest:

On behalf of our team we thank you for sharing your vacation experience at our hotel.

We really appreciate your comments about the grounds and staff.

Regarding the situation described, we are sorry about not meeting your expectations; all your observations have been forwarded to the General Management of the resort as guest satisfaction is our priority and rest assured we are constantly striving towards excellence in our services.

If you give us another opportunity to host you in the future, we are sure you will enjoy your stay at our hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Myself and my boyfriend (25-30 age group) stayed at the Luxury Grand Bahia Principe for 10 nights from the 2nd June. I felt that the reviews here were highly informative on making our booking and planning our stay here. Therefore I will try to make this review as beneficial as I can from our experience for the next traveller also. I have travelled to various 4-5* hotels in the Caribbean so I am writing this with comparable experiences.

Firstly, we had a great stay we did not experience some of the negatives which were highlighted on here. As we travelled from the UK there was a 6 hour time difference. This meant that we was up early for the beginning of the holiday and therefore had absolutely no problem finding a deck chair with an umbrella for around 8am. As the week went on we began to go down to the pool/beach later, though we were always able to get a deck chair with a canopy. If you are turning up to the pool later then 11 then you may struggle to get a chair with an umbrella… however, try the beach there were always a few spare on there. We read some negative comments about the beach, but we thought it was lovely. There was plenty of places to walk out where the floor was sand and not stones, you don’t need water shoes like others have said. I have come across better beaches in the Caribbean, but I would say the hotel in other areas makes up for this. The water is very clear, take some bread in with you to feed the fish.

We was in room 25727, that is, room 25, floor 7 (top) and room 27. The rooms were beautiful, huge bed. We did not pay extra for this room but it was a corner room with views of the mountains and sea. Yes, you could see some gardens and the highway but with the corner rooms you also get laid down deck chairs so you don’t even see this anyway. The higher up you go the quieter. The room was cleaned every day, sometimes twice a day. One evening we come up to the room and the bed was set out with chocolates and rose petals which was lovely. I liked building 25 as it wasn’t too far from everything. There is a place called the village on the Grand Bahia side, this is good for shopping, it also has a karaoke bar and a disco. Go here first for any shopping as it is cheaper with much greater choice then the shop on the luxury side… you can also barter on price. You can take a buggy from the front of the luxury hotel to the village, or to any restaurants on that side. This is very useful as it can be quite a walk otherwise. However, we rarely went to the Grand Bahia side we had everything we needed on the luxury other than mentioned. You also get premium drinks included on luxury side such as grey goose, jack Daniels, but you cannot get these on the Grand side. The hotel is big, but I found it to be quite compact compared to other hotels which you need a cart to travel around just to get to breakfast or the beach.

We ate at one of the buffet restaurants on the Grand side, Orquidea. We regretted this, it was no way near as good as the Jazmin buffet. From better cutlery to atmosphere and quality of food. You do get more of a luxury experience on the luxury side. We ate at nearly every restaurant and had no problems what so ever booking, we did it through the app and got our chosen time every time we booked. All restaurants are good. The Rodizio was one of our favourites, make sure you get plenty of salad on your plate at the start and wait for them to start bringing round the meats, as it is a lot of meat. Don Pablo was also very good. Food was really good in general. Try the jerk chicken in Las Olas beside the pool. Also try a Jamaican sunrise cocktail... or ask the waiters/waitresses for their specials.

The Staff were lovely, very friendly, friendlier compared to other Caribbean destinations. They all work very hard, the waitresses that serve drinks around the beach and pool especially. Entertainment staff were great, we enjoyed water volleyball and took to playing it every day at 11am. I am not one for entertainment at hotels, but the adult nature to some of the entertainment was highly amusing. Best entertainment I have experienced yet. Chaz around the pool is a cool guy.

We hired a private taxi, which was clean and air conditioned (see Iceman tours on facebook) real cool guy. He took us to the blue hole, Usain bolts restaurant and Dunn’s river in one day (which I felt was better than doing them separate). Dunn’s river is best to do private as otherwise you have to go up holding hands in a group and I would not have personally enjoyed this. Both great trips. We left our stuff in the taxi…no problems. A tip for UK travellers is take American dollars, we used Jamaican dollars and were informed you may pay higher prices as they value the American dollar more. We also did the luminous lagoon which was fun, a local told us it does things to the body, we didn’t believe this at first… well we do now, check it out for yourself 

Advice for the hotel… as I read previously in the reviews I agree that the luxury lobby could be a little grander. It doesn’t stand out on arrival, which is should to represent the quality and luxury the hotel has to offer.

Would I go here again.. yes, we both loved it. I can't think of any negatives!

Room Tip: We liked 25727 not to far from everything, top floor, corner room with sea and mountain view. We did not pay extra for this room.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank jamee246

Dear Guest:

First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel resort. It will certainly help us to keep focus on customer satisfaction and fulfillment of our hotel standards.

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our rooms, the Rodizio restaurant, our friendly staff and the entertainment activities and the company of Chaz.

We are always striving to provide our guests with the highest quality service so that they could stay absolutely content with their vacations at our hotel.

Thank you once again for your choice and we are looking forward to your next visit in order to repeat this great experience. : - )

Reviewed 20 June 2018

My boyfriend and I booked our Jamaica vacation 3 months in advance with Expedia and got a great price on a 7 night all-inclusive trip to Luxury Bahia Principe with an Oceanfront Room. On expedia.com we were able to make requests and so I requested a specific room (I did my research on TA) and to our great surprise we were given the room I requested. We understand that this does not happen often and must be due to availability and some luck. I had been to Jamaica, mostly the Montego Bay area, about 5 times before but this was my boyfriends first time out of the country. (Our review is a little late as we traveled at the end of April 2018, but we had such a good time we felt we needed to make the effort.) Prior to this trip to Luxury Bahia Principe I had stayed at family-friendly all inclusive budget resorts (Starfish/Breezes Trelawny - now Royalton White Sands, and Holiday Inn Mo Bay to name two). For the price we paid I wasn't really expecting everything to be as good as it was. Seriously, this place was great. Almost every staff member we encountered was incredibly pleasant and helpful. When we checked in the first day they already had our dinner reservation tickets ready for us. Check in was so smooth and easy. We were greeted with cool, nice smelling towels and welcome drinks were given. We were sat down in the comfy and tasteful lobby, and everything was brought over and explained to us. Then we were escorted to our room.

Our room and balcony on the 4th floor of the 27 building were absolutely gorgeous. We couldn't have been happier...I actually jumped for joy once the young lady who escorted us to our room left. My boyfriend and I were blown away by it all...the room was always cleaned every day, the bathroom was really nice, the bed was comfy, mini fridge well stocked (we called if we needed anything extra and most often it was brought quickly), bottles of liquor in the room, and a fantastic view from the balcony. Also, my boyfriend was celebrating his 35th birthday and they decorated the door and room for his birthday. Champagne, some chocolates, and a card. So nice! I must mention that although we were told our Butler "Steven" would check with us later we never saw nor heard from him in the 8 days we were at the resort BUT this did not affect our vacation one little bit. We were rarely in the room and might have missed his attempts to catch up with us. We didn't need a butler and probably wouldn't have used his services if he had shown up anyways, so no worries mon!

ALL the food we ate (and we ate a lot of food) was so good. My boyfriend and I can, admittedly, be picky eaters but we never ate something we did not love. I think we gained about 5lbs each. We were so bad we would often have "2nd Dinner" it was THAT good. We often ate at the outdoor breakfast/lunch buffet Las Olas by the pool. Super convenient to where our room was and such beautiful views of the Ocean. The Jerk Chicken at lunch was the best (we even liked it better than Scotchies chicken!). My boyfriend is STILL raving about that chicken. And Oscar made me some wonderful omelettes every morning. For dinner we were able to get reservations in advance by sending an email to LBP with our dinner choices and reservation requests about a week prior to our departure in April. This made things so easy. We did not have to rush to get reservations or worry about not getting reservations for dinner after arriving because it was already taken care of. We ate at every restaurant but the Brazilian steakhouse Rodizio (we slept thru our reservation time, oops!). Once again, ALL the food we had was amazing. Steaks were cooked well and as we requested, buffet choices were plentiful and (mostly) hot, service was quick and pleasant, and overall my boyfriend and I were very impressed. I wish we could remember more of our servers names. Everyone at the Takara restaurant was fantastic especially.

The resort is only a little more than an hour away from the airport. It is in a really convenient spot to so do many activities. We were able to take day trips to the Bob Marley Mausoleum, YS Falls, Appleton Rum Estate, and Four-Wheel ATV/Cliff diving. I had pre-arranged for a private driver through Best Day Jamaica Tours before leaving for Jamaica (who we highly recommend, well worth the extra cost) and our driver Prince picked us up from LBP and took us where ever we wanted to go. We did book the ATV tour through LBP last minute and that was a great choice. LBP arranged for a private cab to pick my boyfriend and I up at the resort and took us about 15 minutes away to Chukka Cove where us and one other couple took an amazing ATV tour through the jungle to the ocean cliffs for some exciting diving/jumping opportunities and beautiful pictures.

Unfortunately the beach is not the best over on the adult side but if you do your research before you go you can weigh out the pros and cons if it's right for you. Some people come to Jamaica for that beautiful/perfect beach...this one won't be for you. For me, the beach was perfect. Is a little man-made cove that has some nice sea-life for snorkeling, and made for nice enough views from our room. And you always had the option to go over to the family side and use the larger/nicer beach. Not an issue for us though as we spent most of our time by the pools. They have great pools at LBP. They were always clean, there was always pool service which was quick and the drinks were good, especially the rum punch! We loved the "pool kits" handed out in the mornings with the bowl of nuts, cool scented towel, cool glass of lemon tea, and a flag for when you are ready for your next beverage. We enjoyed the activity pool as we had so much fun watching people all day. The activity crew does a great job getting people involved. In the evenings there's always things to do. Movies, shows, parties, games, and so much more. One day we fell asleep at 3pm and woke up at 9pm. We found a whole other side of the resort that night. We ended up over on the Grand side of the Bahia Principe at the square where the Dance Club and the "casino" is. Wow, we had a great time. Met some people, had some late night drinks, and just had a fun night out at the resort. Once again, this place is huge. So much to see. I still feel like there was a whole section of the resort we didn't explore in the 8 days we were there. We have already decided that we have to return. We can't wait. We are already planning our next trip to the Luxury Bahia Principe and I think next time we will be staying for 2 weeks. There is just so much to do. Jamaica is such an amazing place. I'm sure that I'm forgetting something, as there are just way to many good things to remember. But if you take anything away from this review its that if you are looking for a good time, with good food, good drinks, good people, and good atmosphere at a good prince than Luxury Bahia Principe is it. I'm not the most well-traveled person but I've been around a little bit and this was, by far, my most favorite vacation spot.

Room Tip: Ocean Front is the way to go. Always well worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sarah L

Dear Guest:

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the ambiance and view of the room, our friendly staff, the check in process and our variety of food.