1,397 results
All reviews gilbert blackwood honeymoon suite water pressure small resort beach area recommend this resort beach towels entertainment jamaica disco vacation band couples rum mama alcohol crew
Reviewed 9 May 2018

100%, I do reallyreally agree with the review of Bobbio B. The worst happen to us is that my "safety key" which is attached to the key holder with the room key was stolen in my bag while me and my wife did the snorkeling. That day was our wedding anniversary and were about to celebrate on the evening but it was a disaster. While enjoying the snorkeling and the jacuzzi after, when we get back in our room and were ready for the dinner, that time i found out that the safety key is missing. Damn! we want to get our personal stuffs on the safety box. So that night I dont have peace of mind, what if our important ITEMS are missing??? The next day they have to break and drill the box. Thanks God our items is still there... The worst and saddest thing is that I have to pay for that safety key, $75 US. Wow,, My suspect is one of the employee probably in the beach bar assigned. Man you're not lucky! While we are enjoying the snorkling you also snorkled the key in my bag. Why did you took the safety key?
I will never ever get back on this resort anymore. So for those who want to go on this resort, its your choice.

tears for fears.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank anunimus2018
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

I cannot be more direct about this resort. I’m not sure if they are aware of that false advertising is illegal? I’m not sure if this is a true representation of Sunwing resorts? I’m not sure if this is a true representation of Jamaica? This was a disgrace in every aspect. My condolence goes to the exceptionally patient staff that are forced to lie to these desperate customers looking for reasons that the expectations they were advertised are not present. One thing is an oversight, two things are mistake, 50 things are a direct fraud. I have travelled many places in the Caribbean none. Have been this bad. When you spend a week in the busiest time of year spring break I would expect to find this resort busting with clients, happy staff plenty full food extremely clean environment and entertainment galore But for my wife and I we paid $3000 for complete disappointment the happiest time we had at this resort was departure day. This hotel owner should be ashamed of himself. Sunwing should be ashamed of themselves. If you want to eat the same food for your entire stay every day then go to this resort if you want to have one bar with the smallest bar selection possible and that will close by 11:00 PM go to this resort. If you want to spend time alone go to this resort. If you want to waste your money go to this resort. If you have never traveled before Do not go to this resort, do not go to this resort, do not go to this resort.!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
17  Thank Bobbio B
Reviewed 25 April 2018

Stayed here for two weeks which was two weeks too long. This was the worse resort we have ever been to. Food was of the poorest quality. Only one buffet not three dining choices as advertised. Only one bar which had the habit of running out of beer but you could buy it in the lobby. Entertainment only once in two weeks. Disco only once for 45 minutes. The hinge on our balcony door and it took three days to fix it leaving our room unsafe. I could go on and on but you should get the message by now. Stay away from this dump at any cost.

Room Tip: For a good room book elsewheres
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank jaarthrell
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

This was a great resort. It was a little dated but it really had everything we needed to hurry up and relax. The food was very authentic spicing and flavours. It was a bit repetitive but that gave us an excuse to venture out and experience local cuisine. The location was perfect to get to many excursions because we were 1/2 to 45 mins away from pretty much everything. Don’t expect a 5 Star Resort but it is for sure 5 service.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peachy M
ambiance87, Director of Sales at Club Ambiance, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

On behalf of the staff and Managers at Club Ambiance Resort,we extend our sincerest gratitude and profound appreciation for the kind sentiments in this Review from Peachy M. The reaction from all the employees when same was shared was emotional and even overwhelmed a few. This indicates a balanced and considered set of opinions, and simultaneously reaffirms the well trained,honest efforts and hardworking characteristics of every single employee at the resort. This is a guarantee for all future guests to this unique home away from home and pivotal to the pleasant memories and great vacation experience anticipated.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

CLUB AMBIANCE ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT, RUNAWAY, SAINT ANN, JAMAICA- NOT A PLACE FOR ANYONE TO STAY: OUT OF TOUCH.

This resort used false advertisement to get people in.
The place is very clean, the pool area was well kept, The staff was friendly- but that's about it.
There are only the buffet areas, no other restaurant as advertised.
The gym has only broken equipment's, no Spa and no massage was available.
The severs had little or no training, but they were pleasant.
The buffet was serve with broken utensils, napkins are old and thread hanging everywhere, the food was sometimes cold, and only a few dishes to choose from, also only 3 deserts to choose from which was old and hard..
The reception coaches had torn cushions.
The bedroom where I was had a torn down bed skirt, the mattress was old and had a dip in the middle-hard as rock, the closet had a piece of wire tie to the lock to assist in opening it. The door safety chain had been more several times and all the previous holes was still there.

Bathroom sink was leaking, every-time I used it my feet got wet, which was reported several times and no came to repair it, the door had a piece broken out and the side panels was flapping. Towels were clean but was old and coarse, bath side towel had black soil spots.

I know this hotel was built back in the 1960's. The potential is there for a great resort, but it seemed that management only want to catch unsuspected visitor with false advertisement while the place fall in disrepair.
It is very disheartening, because after you are there, it is too late to get a refund. I paid for a resort and got a rundown hostel.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
11  Thank REFINA L
ambiance87, Director of Sales at Club Ambiance, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

We have just perused the Review of REFINA L and regret the contents suggest an unfavorable stay, and we are mindful that challenges encountered by anyone on a vacation from home, most likely will result in a bad experience.
We have taken note of each concern outlined, done our extensive internal investigations, shared the Review with our management Team and would like to advise, that some observations expressed by REFINA L ,may have been misunderstood without on property interaction with our Management Team.
We are very keen and still motivated and enthused to continue to demonstrate our commitment to guests' satisfaction and their comfort and never practice deceitful or unconventional means to attract guests to the hotel.
We thank REFINA L for the kind accolades mentioned about certain aspects of the hotel and also the staff ,which we shared with them.