“Amazing gem of a place in the West End of Negril”
other traveller has booked this property

Review of Somewhere West

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
LoriEller...
Northeastern Ontario, Canada
“Amazing gem of a place in the West End of Negril”
Reviewed 26 February 2016 for a stay in December 2015

What a wonderful place. The location is breathtaking in the cliffs. The salt water pool was outstanding. The accommodations were so bright and comforting, a place that is really hard to leave... Angi and her staff were absolutely wonderful. I will definitely be back to Somewhere West, a treasure in Negril!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The hospitality.
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Large groups
Cbmonteit...
Hilltown, Pennsylvania
“Came as customers. Left as friends.”
Reviewed 24 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

Sometimes you need to wonder when you read so many positive reviews. I'm here to say there is no wonder. Angi, O'Neill and the entire Somewhere West team are absolutely top-notch. The SW property is astounding. Combined. They equal perfection.

From the moment you arrive you know you're at a special place. Angi greeted us and showed us to our room. The pride beaming from her. And it should be. She truly has built something special. Our group,of family and friends occupied all 4 rooms. Each is decorated in their own tropical theme with Angi's personal,decorating touches obvious. The rooms are thoughtfully arranged with everything you need for your stay. The ocean views are second to none. In less than 100 paces you are in the pool or ocean. Your not getting that in a cookie-cutter all-inclusive unless you spend serious money.

O'Neill is truly impressive. He is a young man who's culinary skills will match a Michelin chef. We enjoyed family style breakfast and dinner poolside. We quickly learned to remove the reigns from O'Neill and let him cook us up a meal. He never disappointed. He also safely drove us all over town in the reggae van.

There is nothing Angi would not do to enhance our visit. From finding reggae on the beach, restaurants, reservations or just chatting about Jamaican life. Angi knows how to treat her guest to be sure they will return. Book now. Because reservations will be more difficult to get as SW gains popularity.

WHere else would you get a hug when you leave?? Not me of those AI's. Definetly at SW!!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Travelling group: Friends
marlobake...
Miami, Florida
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 8 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

I little bit of information about myself. I am an Executive Producer in Miami, Florida and we are always looking for good locations to shoot our commercials in the Caribbean area. Yes, you would say: “you’re in Miami, so why do you need to go overseas? Well, I can answer that question really easy: Miami does not have cliffs, any waterfalls, does not have any jungle areas, it doesn’t have the best weather during the summer and for that matter, this winter. I wanted to look for a place that gave me plenty of alternatives: beaches, rivers, mountains, cliffs, falls, but most of all: proximity to Miami of not more than 2 hours travel time in order to be able to bring in the needed crew and equipment.
My partners in this search have been Juju Tours and Angela Eastwick. Being a foreigner I went to Negril in December to survey the area and I found them all to be wonderful partners finding falls, cliffs, lagoons and other places I was searching for. I also need to mention that at that time I did NOT stay at Somewhere West deciding that I would keep things “partial” and stayed at Xtabi.
One week ago I returned to see more places and I decided to stay in Somewhere West. I went this time with my Assistant Director in Miami and we stayed there for 3 days. I can only say that the stay was more than we bargained for: Angela and the whole crew where gracious, educated and wonderful. They knew full well that we were not there “just to hang out and smoke pot”: we were working!
We went back “home” after a long day of scouting locations to find that our hosts had everything worked out for us. The pool was a saltwater pool. Yes, I know it will not be the “pristine” chlorine ridden pools that we are used to in the US, but I am a Caribbean kid who grew up swimming in the pool of the Havana Riviera that WAS a salt water pool and was not the “toilet bowl” chemical ridden pools that you find in the US.
We came back to our home base elated and feeling that more trips to Jamaica, Negril and Somewhere West are in the horizon. Renting the whole house for a US crew or a family gathering is a wonderful alternative to the "all-inclusive" tourists traps around the area.
Did I mention that my scouting photographer, Roan Robinson was also great?

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The overall feeling of being at "home away from home"
Liked least: Getting there was difficult first time. After that, it was a breeze.
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Molly C
Chicago, Illinois
“Beautiful Views, Beautiful Rooms, Great Hostesses”
Reviewed 1 December 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

This was our first trip to Negril, and we could not have chosen a better place to stay! The view, rooms, property ---all GORGEOUS! Somewhere West was just where we needed to go to relax and unwind from our busy lives and three young children.

Angi is an amazing hostess, told us of great places to eat, and provided transportation to all the locations we desired to go.

O'Neil made us one of the best meals we had our entire stay!!!!!!!!

We hope to head back to Negril and Somewhere West this summer!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Large groups
Bill S
Seattle, Washington
“A little piece of heaven in Negril, Jamaica”
Reviewed 15 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

We recently returned from our 4th trip to Negril, Jamaica in the past 25 years. In the past we've stayed on the 7 mile beach, and actually did this time for 4 nights because we were with a large wedding party. But we also sandwiched several nights before and and after the wedding at Somewhere West, an amazing bnb up on the cliffs about 5 miles past the town and beach area. A friend of ours stayed their last Spring and loved recommended it highly to us.
Somewhere West has 4 units, 2 above and 2 below, which overlook a spectacular salt water pool right in front of the ocean. We stayed in an upstairs unit called Indigo Sky, which was meticulously decorated and had everything we needed. The unit was very clean with a firm queen bed, nice kitchen, and very good bathroom with shower. It also had a closet, large dresser, and safe for valuables.
The views from the large balcony overlooking the pool and ocean are beyond description, day and night. Almost every night we were treated to spectacular lightning and thunder shows out over the ocean as we desperately tried to catch it all on our cell phone cameras. The pool is lovely and warm, and you can actually climb into the warm ocean for a swim if you're careful and the waves aren't too rough. A mask and snorkel are a good idea and I believe they are in the process of having a ladder installed to make ocean access easier.
The property is run by Angi, with her boyfriend, O'Neil, who is an amazing chef. They are assisted by some staff, plus their 5 super fun dogs, Candy, Skinny, Bobo, Ackee, and Curry, who protect the property and are lots of fun. We never found it necessary to rent a car, but some people might. I find driving in Jamaica to be hazardous at best, and would rather use a taxi. Angi and O'Neil provide very reasonable taxi services too. We did rent bicycles for 2 days at $10 a day down the road just a bit.
Somewhere West is much quieter and secluded than the main beach area, but only minutes away from the beach or Rick's Cafe and many restaurants with spectacular food and views. Angi is very detail oriented and honest and trustworthy to a fault. She loves Jamaica and is constantly working to improve the property. O'Neil cooked a magnificent dinner on our last night and served it to us on our balcony over the ocean.
The best compliment I can give is that we will definitely be back soon to stay again at Somewhere West, where Angi and O'Neil treated us like family.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: No complaints
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$500
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing