5,728 results
All reviews kids camp sesame street cafe de paris stew fish banana boat big top family vacation club liquid xbox room x box cookie monster dino's pizza character breakfast water sports adrian whitehead kids club turks caicos
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From the time I landed in Montego Bay to my departure from Negril, my Beaches experience was awful. My cousin and I chose to share a room at the Beaches Resort, but were flying in on separate flights, from different locations. We both relayed our flight information on several occasions, both on the phone and through the Beaches website, and even reconfirmed about 4 days prior to ensure a seamless arrival/departure.

However, up on landing in Montego Bay, I was not greeted at the gate and had to stand in the customs line for at least 30-40 minutes. After going through customs and arriving at Club Mobay, I was told I had to pay $20 to enter, as my name was NOT on the list. I explained that I had already paid $80 in advance, through Beaches, for this service. I was then told to go across to Sandals lounge to see if I was on their manifest. I was not listed there either. After traveling for more than 10hrs, I was very aggravated at this point.

After going to yet another desk (for the third time), a representative took the initiative and called Beaches. After waiting another 10 minutes, they explained they did NOT have my flight information, only my cousin's. Again, my cousin and I called SEPARATELY on several occasions and verified our flight information, and even paid with 2 SEPARATE transactions for the Club Mobay service. It was explained that unfortunately my flight information was not relayed to Club Mobay. The representative apologized for the miscommunication and we proceeded to the lounge where I waited for my cousin to arrive.

The drive to the resort, although long, was absolutely amazing. Upon checking in, my cousin and I spoke with Stacey at the front desk. I gave her a re-cap of my arrival experience, where she then escorted us over to Ricardo with the Concierge. I, again, explained what happened. After giving Ricardo my departure flight information, he assured me that I wouldn’t have any more issues.

Once in our suite, I proceeded to shower WITH NO HOT WATER! After calling the front desk, they said they’d send a technician the following morning. After waking the next morning, we notice there’s water on the floor. Our a.c. unit is leaking. We, of course, call the front desk again. The tech comes; everything seems to be in working order.

The next day (day 2), I went back to the front desk to inquire about getting a refund for my Club Mobay experience. After speaking with Stacey again, she called Club Mobay for me, where I was asked to email my account of what happened for further investigation. After doing so, and waiting an entire day, I still had not received a response. Given all the issues thus far, I wanted to go ahead and confirm my departure transportation, so I go and speak with Ricardo. He tells me that I will receive my transportation info within a day or two prior to my departure. By now, I’m running late to meet my family for dinner, so I say ok and leave.

After getting back to the room, I see an envelope was slid under the door. It’s departure transportation information… for my cousin, none for me. I went back to the concierge where I again encountered Ricardo, as well as his counterpart, Tedroy. While expressing my frustrations, Tedroy laughed at me! After confronting him about his blatant rudeness, he stated he was “only trying to make light of the situation”. I am LIVID! A smiling Ricardo stands by. At this point, all I want to do is confirm my departure transportation and spend time with my family. I AGAIN give them my departure flight information. They write down my transportation information and assure me I will be picked up.

The next morning (day 3), I get a call at about 7:15am, asking if we had hot water. After getting out of bed to check, I tell them yes we do. Still tired, I lay back down. Another call comes through at about 7:30am. It’s Ricardo calling to extend a complimentary cabana for the same day from 9am-4pm. My cousin’s vow renewal was set for the same day at 4pm! How could he not know that a cabana would be useless for that day? While this was a great idea for service recovery, the timing/planning was terrible.

After still receiving no response regarding my refund, I go back down to the concierge. This time I speak with a “supervisor” named Hilroy. He seems to know, somewhat, of the issues going on. I also tell him that although I appreciated the complimentary cabana, I was unable to use it. He’s very dismissive and tells me there’s nothing else they can do to compensate (working in the hotel industry, I know this is untrue). In regards to Club Mobay, I’m told there’s nothing Beaches can do, and it will have to be resolved by Club Mobay.

Stacey did call to apologize for all the confusion and again confirms my departure transportation. I’m instructed to have my bag packed and staged outside the room between 3:00-3:30am; with transportation pick up being at 4a. I wait until about 3:45, my bag is still there. I decided to take the bag myself to the front. There’s LITERALLY no one outside! The place is completely deserted. Thankfully at 4am on the dot, my transportation shows up.

This resort is gorgeous but the service is TERRIBLE with the exception of Stacey.

When spending money on an all-inclusive vacation, there are certain service standards expected; as an employee of a 4 star Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada, I am very familiar with the daily workings of this industry. However, the minor issues I encountered quickly turned into a major annoyance throughout my stay. I literally had to give my flight information at least five times after arriving at the resort (serious lack of communication). I was bounced around and put off throughout my entire stay which was very disappointing to say the least! We had no hot water for most of our stay and our a.c. unit leaked like crazy (serious hazard). Even now, I’m still working on trying to get a refund for my $80.00! It’s no longer about the money, but more so the principle. If this is a reflection of how things are done at the Beaches Resort, you will certainly NOT have to worry about future business from me.

Room Tip: beautiful balcony suite
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank danielle b
Nadel B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Danielle and thank you for your review of Beaches Negril. We are quite disappointed to hear that your stay with us may have fallen short of the quality vacation we strive to deliver. Our genuine desire is to provide each guest with a trip that goes beyond their expectations which is why it is regrettable to learn of the challenges that may have occurred. We only wish for our guests to have a seamless and enjoyable stay, nonetheless, we apologize for any miscommunications that may have posed an inconvenience. With regard to any room issues that may have occurred during your stay, we are pleased to read that you were in contact with our maintenance team who are easy to work with and usually assists promptly with making your room conditions a lot more pleasing to you. We do however regret if despite their efforts, you were left still unsatisfied. With regards to your concerns expressed relating to our staff, it comes as a surprise that they may have appeared to be less than optimistic, as our service normally receives the highest of guest commendations. We can assure you that the concerns expressed are not the norm and do apologize if this may have been your experience. At this time, we do see that you are already in contact with our Support team regarding any lingering concerns you may have, and we appreciate you taking the time to discuss this further as we always aim to respond to guest feedback both in word and in deed. It is our sincere hope that you would not be deterred from choosing Sandals Resorts again for a future holiday so that we may have an opportunity to restore your faith in our brand.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our first trip to Beaches in Negril. We have previously enjoyed the Beaches property in Turks and loved it so much we wanted to try another property. The property was smaller than Turks but still had plenty of space, restaurants, and beachfront to enjoy. The beach was gorgeous, the diving was fantastic, and the property was beautifully kept. The transfers to and from the resort were seamless.

The trip was planned around having our teenage son PADI certified to scuba dive. The dive master, Donovan, was outstanding. He was truly an amazing instructor and went above and beyond while working with our son during the certification process. Many thanks to the other divers, captains and dive staff (Esroy, Samuel, Rosemary, Valentine, Rafelel, Inique, and Larry (aka: School Boy) who made the trip (and diving) so great.

The entire staff was amazing and made us feel so welcomed wherever we were on the resort. Special thanks to Shash-Kay, Ann-Marie, Joshua, Arica, Leroy, Brandon, Trickle, and Kevaughn. We look forward to returning soon.

Stayed: September 2018
3  Thank MacNicholas3
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We recently stayed there with our two children and had a wonderful time. We were there to attend a wedding and with it being hurricane season, it had low occupancy so we had little to no wait for pretty much anything. Our kids really enjoyed the water park, which was clean and well staffed, as well as the Xbox lounge. The beach was stunning - soft sand, amazing blue water and we also kayaked and went on a banana boat ride.

We ate at the Venetian for the breakfast buffet and mostly the same entrees were served, but the omelet bar was great. Our favorite meal was the BBQ place, but all of the food was quite good. The boys especially enjoyed the show at Kimonos. We really liked that the resort was smaller so it did not take long to get to the beach, pool, waterpark, etc. We have stayed at Beaches Turks & Caicos and prefer Beaches Negril. The staff was very friendly, always saying hi to the kids and they went out of the way to help us (sorry, I don't recall their names). Our room was a bit tight but we just slept there, so it was ok. Overall, I would highly recommend this resort for it amenities and amazing staff.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Julie M
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I recently visited Beaches Negril and believe me when I tell you that the staff at this property is expcetional. My experience from check in was nothing short of amazing. My check agent Deneisha made sure that I was treated like royalty her customer services is one I will never forget, she was absolutely amazing for the entire time we stayed here. I should also make mention of Shanice and Shaunoozie they were also very hospitable and well trained.The staff here will definitely make me return...

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank moyafabulous

Hello and thank you for your splendid review of Beaches Negril! We are beyond thrilled to hear that our resort team was a highlighted aspect of your vacation, as we strive to go above and beyond for all of our guests and deliver an exceptional vacation experience. We will also be sure to share your kind remarks to the management team so that the persons mentioned can be recognized for their warm hospitality. We value your feedback and look forward to hosting you again in the not so distant future!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We booked here for a wedding we were part of. It was our first Jamaican vacation. What really stood out about this spot was the staff. Everyone was approachable, friendly, and helpful. They helped make it a memorable celebration.

While we didn’t have any kids, it certainly seems like a great place for them.

Personally, I enjoyed the unlimited food and drinks, swim up bar, beautifully warm pool water, and being right on the 7 Mile Beach.

But, really, the people who work here are the best part.

I’d stay here again.