“Lovely home away from home”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Dandil
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Lovely home away from home”
Reviewed 19 July 2012 for a stay in May 2012
person found this review helpful

Apartment no. 9 - owner Dulcia Tulloch

I would like to thank Dulcia and the staff at Chrisanns for a lovely stay. The apartment is perfect, a home away from home! It looks exactly as it does in the pictures on Dulcia's website. It has everything you need and has WiFi which was incredibly useful for me to use to keep in touch with friends and family whilst in Jamaica. The housekeeper Charmaine is absolutely lovely, very attentive and helpful, she does a fantastic job! The reception staff are also very friendly and helpful. Dulcia provided me with so much useful information before I arrived, which really put me at ease as I was travelling alone.

There is a supermarket across the road and Glenn's restaurant which I visited a few times, they do a really nice breakfast. You can catch route taxis on the main road into Ocho Rios, it's about a 15 min drive. Or you can book a private taxi, Dulcia provides you with the contact details in your pre-arrival guide. The taxi drivers were really helpful, I used Mr

I also visited Couples Tower Isle Resort for the day, a day pass costs $60 US dollars and you can use all the facilities. I also had spa treatments at an extra cost, Couples Tower Isle is a 10 min walk from Chrisanns.

Thank you for a wonderful stay, hopefully I'll be visiting again in the near future :))

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I liked the homely and private feel, it was very peacful and the small stretch of beach was nice.
Liked least: It's a bit further out than Ocho than I expected.
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
18 Jul 2012
Thank you for this wonderful review. I love taking care of all my guests and giving them a very warm Jamaican welcome when they come
to Chrisanns and my apartment No.9 named rightly so
The Paradise Suite.
TDG60
Holland, Michigan
“Peaceful , relaxing getaway”
Reviewed 26 May 2012 for a stay in March 2012

We enjoyed our stay VERY much! The apartment was just as Dulcia described, and had all the comforts of home. My husband made breakfast for me every morning and we enjoyed eating on the balcony. We ate at the Jerk Centre (right across the street) several times as well as Glenn's (also across the street). We took advantage of the route taxis often for our trips into Ochi. Unfortunately, the winds made the surf rough all week and the only thing we didn't get a chance to do was snorkel. We did, however, take every opportunity to sit down by the sea and watch the waves break over the rocks. Very calming. Charmaine was awesome and she made sure she didn't inconvenience us at all...

It seems like a long time ago already. We are missing Jamaica and hope to return next year.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: All the amenities of home
Your age range 50-64
25 May 2012
So happy that these guests felt right at home in my apartment 9
"The Paradise Suite" at Chrisanns in Jamaica. What really made me
happy is that they found the joy of watching the waves break over the
rocks. I tell all my guests about this and especially to seeing dusk
creep over the rocks is also amazing . But, swimming in the sea pool is my favourite regarless of the weather. Charmaine is the housekeeper for apartment No.9 and as this guest said was
awesom. Look forward to having you as my guests in this very
special place Chrisanns, Jamaica.
owner apartment No.9
"Paradise Suite"
Chrisanns, Jamaica
Prague
Reviewed 25 May 2012 for a stay in February 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
25 May 2012
We do indeed at Chrisanns take special care of all our guests.
It also is Paradise - my apartment No.9 the paradise Suite -
you feel feel right at home it has everything you can wiish for.
The staff and Charmaine your housekeeper for No.9 are there to make your vacation be just perfect. We shal look forward to seeing yu there soon.

Apt 9
Paradise Suite
Chrisanns
Jamaica
Torri K
Florida
“Charming and relaxing with amazing views and wonderful people!”
Reviewed 11 March 2012 for a stay in February 2012

My SO and I stayed in the condo from February 29th -March 4th. It is exactly as represented with all the amenities necessary to feel at home. My SO especially loved the bed in the loft bedroom which slept so well that it was hard to get up and move around in the morning. The little kitchen was equipped with all the tools necessary to prepare meals--we made breakfast every morning and enjoyed having tea and cold drinks when we were lounging. Dulcia has provided everything--cable TV receives all the the channels in the U.S., DVD player, a small radio with a CD player, an iron, beach towels and a safe with a key to lock up your passport/money etc. We brought our own music CDs/DVDs so this worked out very well for us. The property is located in Tower Isle just east of downtown Ochie and a bit off the beaten path. There are not hoards of people but a nice mix of travelers and locals who just want to enjoy the laid back easy vibe of the island and its people. We chatted with other guests and residents on the private beach and several said they come down at least once a year because they enjoy the peace and solitude and I can totally see why. Across the street is the restaurant Glenn's, however we bought tons of groceries at the June supermarket just down the way. We were able to get chicken, rice, seasonings, vegetables, frankfurters, toast, juice etc.--they have everything you need. They also sell liquor and wine and I suggest Wray & Nephew, Jamaica's serious white rum along with a few bottles of Magnum. We also got lunch and drinks at the Tower Jerk Center next to the grocery store. It's a small place where you run into locals and travelers. The jerk chicken and pork with rice & peas are well worth the small price--around $5 U.S. There is a lovely young woman, Debbie who is quite charming and will make you a stiff drink. In closing I want to shout out the staff on property, Tanisha and Bridgett at the front desk are wonderful. I arrived late and Tanisha had to keep my SO calm because he was ready to call out the calvary--thank you so much for managing him! Jennifer and Charmaine came by to tidy the place and leave towels and fresh flowers--such a nice touch. We had a wonderful time and are looking forward to returning this winter. Dulcia is a peach and she has a wonderful little gem in Ochie for anyone who needs a little R&R and some fun in the sun! Many thanks to everyone at Chrisanns!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Private beach, grocery store nearby, staff
Liked least: leaving
ankle_wei...
New York City, New York
“A very special place”
Reviewed 1 February 2012 for a stay in January 2012

My husband and I spent 1 week at Chrisanns. We loved Apt. 9........Dulcia has decorated the place with comfortable furniture and some wonderful art from Jamaica and Bali. We both "slept like babies" on her great king bed.
Having the pool and the little private beach just downstairs was a definite plus. There are a couple of restaurants just in walking distance.......Glenn's is across the street and you can eat breakfast, lunch and/or dinner. Of course, you can eat in the apt. if you wish as the kitchen is fully equipped. The jerk center has some awesome jerk chicken. And finally there's Toscannini"s (a 2 minute walk).......all I can say is -- WOW!!

The staff at Chrisann's made us feel like family.......and Dulcia made it very personal by being in touch with us to make sure all was ok.

We had a very relaxing vacation and the only problem was that we had to leave.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Leaving
31 Jan 2012
Thank you for this very lovely review. This guest captured all that is so
special from the apartment to the staff to just steps to the ocean and
of course I have a view of the ocean and the gazebo from the private
balcony. Everything is here to make your vacation a special one
do come and visit us in this very special place in Jamaica
Chrisann's.

dulcia
owner
Apt 9
Paradise Suite
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing