7,214 results
All reviews preferred club piano bar wild orchid jerk chicken room service marlin bar world cafe secrets resort preferred pool our honeymoon french restaurant seaside grill el patio champagne breakfast hibachi grill welcome home turn down service
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Let me say this first. I was nervously cautious when i booked this trip because of some of the reviews i had read on this site. My wife and i go to one resort trip every year. We have the knowledge to know what is good and what is not. We just got back from our first trip to Secret St James where we stayed an entire week in a Preferred ocean view Jr suite. The room was perfect. Great view and very comfortable. The thermostat worked and the temperature was perfect. The maid service was perfect. They stocked the bar each day with enough of our favorites. The AC did not leak. The room service was timely and the food was great. The big difference with this resort compared to most was the food and dining experience at each rester-aunt was outstanding. We did not have a bad experience at any of them. We ate at all the property rester-aunts. My favorites were Portafino Italian rest. And the Bordeaux French rest. But again that will be your own judging. The jerk chicken carts near the pool area are to die for. Try it. There really is no difference in the Orchid and St james. They are all really the same property. We found or noticed the st james area to be a little more laid back for couples that wish to relax. The Orchid appeared to have more of a younger crowd with more pool activity. Depends on what you desire. The drinks and bars are plentiful and you will have no problem in this area. We are beach people so we spend a lot of time laying by the beach. This was an outstanding experience as well. The chairs and lounge chairs are plentiful and better quality Than most. The water is pristine and the snorkeling is good. Plenty of water activities. We got a private driver for the day and went and did some site seeing and market shopping. This was nice. The Jamaican people are very nice and are there to make you as happy and comfortable as possible. They are proud of their island and really want to make it a great experience for you. The only negative i can point out was at the spa, they seemed a little unorganized at first but once we got the spa treatment, that was great. No problem mon. The nightly entertainment was very good each night. Breathless is next door and you have access to their amenities as well but we never had time to visit there. This is a must do property.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Hal T
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When I hear “unlimited room service”, it’s a draw that we looked forward to using a few times during the week. First attempt took 2 hrs for a hamburger. Pizza oven broken all week. Some staff great but some grumpy.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'm so thankful for the many memories my wife and I have from our stay at Wild Orchid! The view from our balcony was beautiful (the oceanside hill looks like Greece at night), the Entertainment Team did a fantastic job with their evening entertainment (highly recommended), and the restaurants & coffee shop are wonderful. One of my favorite things was what my wife and I called "the Jerk Chicken Guy." In the afternoon and late at night, there is a guy pushing a grill around and you can ask him for a chicken. He'll pull it fresh off the grill, chop it up for you, and put some amazing jerk sauce on it. I probably did that 15 times!

We had a great trip, but also have a few points of critique. My wife had been to other all-inclusive resorts and this one seemed a little bit older than the rest. Our room also wasn't as clean as we would've liked. We found some hair in the tub and the previous guest's nightgown accidentally left behind a curtain.

Overall, we had a great trip and I would have no problem recommending this place to a friend. However, it won't be a resort we return to again and again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monte A
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

WOW! My husband and I made the best decision when we booked our honeymoon at Secrets St. James. We were blown away at the beauty of this resort and how nice everyone was. When we arrived, our room was upgraded and we were told that our butlers would contact us in the morning. Tajae and Shelly were amazing throughout our entire trip! They made sure our favorite spot on the beach was reserved the entire time, and made all of our reservations at each restaurant. Kerry-Ann was also our server on the beach, she brought us Pina Coladas every day and made sure we were happy and relaxed. My husband and I both like to explore on vacation, and this is the first vacation we've ever been on where we didn't want to leave the resort! You will be 100% taken care of if you book at Secrets St. James in Jamaica!!

Room Tip: Book in the Preferred Club!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maddierhebert
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked the Preferred Club Junior Suite with an ocean view and I was very pleased with my reservation. All the amenities the Preferred Club has to offer is worth your money. I should mention, though, the only downside of reserving a Preferred Club suite is that they are located far from all the restaurants and the little shopping centers in the property. But if you don’t mind the walking distance, you will love all the privacy. The Preferred Club includes a concierge, ours was Kadie and she was a big help... The food was very delicious at all the restaurants and from room service. Overall our stay at this resort had all the potential to be perfect. Cleanness was exceptional. Overall service was excellent. The staff, waiters/waitresses, hostesses, chefs, even the lifeguards were all very nice and friendly. The bartenders, however, were very rude all the time. No matter what bar I visited, and I visited almost all bars in the resort, the bartenders always seemed annoyed and seemed they would rather serve someone else. Not even when I would tip them would they smile or be polite. Besides that everyone else was always in great spirits and always willing to help out if I needed assistance. I will still consider returning to this resort in the future.

Room Tip: Preferred Club
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family