See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Travelled to Jamaica with toddler of 30 months. After 15 years away from the Island, I decided we would rest our feet and have family visit us for a change!! Since I am yet to own a property in Jamaica, a hotel room for a week charging me £800 GBP seemed a viable option. Staff not helpful and unhappy in their day to day toll at work. Cockroaches in the bedroom, bathroom towels too small. Although kept fairly clean the hotel could do with an overall refurbishment. The swimming pool is inadequately small and cannot fit more than 5-10 people at a time.
If only for business of conference would I recommend the Christar Villas. The short distance to the Bob Marley museum, Soverign centre and other well known locations is the only good thing I found.
The hotel food is over priced and the dishes are small in size.

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank lmagic11
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Perfect hotel for when you need to rest your head and intend to be out and about, rather than luxuriated by the room and amenities.

My only discontent was the wifi speed which is sure to be corrected soon, as the local ISP was on site upgrading the hotels internet connection as I was checking out.

The staff are all pleasant and accommodating and, the food is better than what I have eaten elsewhere at 5 Star hotels.

The location is central to all that one might need to explore in Kingston, and because it is not on the main-strip you're not inundated by traffic or those seeking "a smalls" from tourists.

I'll definitely choose them for a return stay.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Upon booking my stay here along with my husband the front desk agent was friendly and polite, we ended up here due to other places being completely booked out.

When we checked into our room it looked good at first glance then we started to realize all furniture needs to be refurished. The bed was big and comfortable, bathroom was clean and that's as far as it goes. We got no towels or wash rags ceiling had stains and slight openings we got tea bags and cups but no coffee maker cable tv was garbage.

Our breakfast was ready a good time after ordering it and it was tasty, the restaurant prices though are expensive.

I think the hotel needs to be refurbished or drop their prices and they will get better reviews.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

Not great, not terrible, bit shabby, pool is tiny and could use a proper clean. The staff, especially the day security man, were really friendly and helpful. The food took a while abd looked great but wasnt great, honestly it was one of the worst burgers I have ever eaten but fries were ok!
It is in a fantastic location for walking to a pretty decent mall. In kingston you have to drive to most places so this is a massive benefit. It should be 20% cheaper and then the reviews would not be so bad.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2016

The employees were very nice and pleasant. Always willing to help. The room was equipped with a Kitchenette which was very convenient for us. The place was super clean. The Hotel is located just down the street from a major mall and we were able to walk there to dine. The only thing I did not like is that there was not much variety of Jamaican dishes on the breakfast menu.
24 hour security added additional peace of mind.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from main street and I would also recommend an upstairs room.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family