See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

I had plans visiting MoBay but ended up staying in Kingston at Mayfair. I wasn't impressed with the room I got,which I believe is their cheapest but I was just in love with the hotel. (There are bigger and nicer rooms ). I liked that the hotel was safe, quiet and small and located in different buildings/apartments on the property. My room was not the best but its location was ideal. Surrounded by so much greenery was calming. There were these big mango trees right by my patio. Almost felt like I was in my backyard. On mornings as you walk to the restaurant the property is filled with butterflies surrounding the trees.

The menu is just okay but the food tastes excellent. There is also a nice pool and sports bar on the grounds which is an additional bonus. All in all, I will recommend this hotel and it will be where I'll be staying next time I'm in Kingston.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank Yolande D
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

If you're a penny pincher, and don't mind the 'usual' provisions at a hotel, then stay here. We stayed 3 nights total in 2 different rooms. The first room's bed was horrible. I had a back ache the next day from the protruding springs in the mattress. There was a lamp by the bed that was not plugged in cause there was no outlet. The food at the restaurant is okay. Oxtail dish was good so we stuck with it. Ackee breakfast was tasteless. Our second room didn't have a phone, the key and internet didn't work, but was a little nicer. Music at the bar was very loud so be prepared if your room is nearby! They don't serve water until after 10:30 am, when the bar is open---which is ridiculous. Internet was stable.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Janine S
Reviewed 24 May 2017

I had a pleasant stay here since the rooms were adequate, but the reason I would return is to eat at the Cocoro restaurant again! Some of the best sushi I've ever eaten. I did enjoy the hotel as well, nice staff and pool and the rooms were comfortable, but the food at the Japanese restaurant on site was beyond compare.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2017

The hotel consts of a number of properties in a large area with gardens, pool, bar and restaurant. The rooms were medium sized but clean and comfortable and we had a balcony overlooking the pool. Near to Devon House gardens and restaurants, relatively peacful and quiet (unless they have a wedding!) Not far from other decent restaurants.

Room tip: Ask for one of the renovated rooms which are better than the old ones
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Although the rooms were small with no wifi, they are otherwise fine for a short time. We stayed in one of the cottages. It was clean. The restaurant was pretty good and it had a pub and pool. The air conditioners worked well and the sheets and towels were clean and white. No wifi connection in the rooms.

Date of stay: March 2017