See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Whoever developed the website for this hotel should be well compensated, because up on arrival the hotel was nothing like the picture.

Customer service was poor, I was not greeted by a smile and I had to say hello for someone to acknowledge my presencd. While prices were quite economical it was not worth it. The bathroom, hhmm, the safety and security was iffy considering that the door handle to my room could easily be removed. The pool area was not exclusive to hotel stayers but was open to the public who after paying JA$1000 per person could use the pool. There was no security visible.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
4  Thank Bobeth D
Reviewed 16 July 2016

I stayed here for a few days while on business in Kingston. It is a budget hotel which shows signs of wear but was clean and had a comfortable bed. It is not the Ritz but if you just need a place to lay your weary head, it provides value for money. They do have an outdoor pool and I enjoyed an excellent Jamaican breakfast sitting in the shade beside the pool. For evening sustenance, there is the choice of a formal dining room or a bar meal in the bar, which is called "The Pub". I opted for the Pub and was not disappointed. Good food, good beer and good company. If I need a room for the night again, I will go back.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank lordfk
Reviewed 12 July 2016

Good location, but that's all. My family have been staying here for the past 8years. None of us have stayed for a couple of years, so I decided to stay here for a few days whilst in Kingston. This was my friends first visit to Jamaica and out of our whole trip this was the worst part. The first room we were taken to I was stepping in water when I entered. We refused to stay in that room and was taken to another which is where we ended up staying as we had no choice. The room smelt horrible and so did the bedding. I had to fold over the one floppy smelly pillow in order to rest my head. The TV was situated too high up on the wall for viewing. The beds were uncomfortable and left my friend with a bad back. I broke out in a red rash all over my body while staying there. The family member who originally took us there those years ago even commented that the place has gone downhill. He has recommended many guests here but hasn't done for some time and definitely will not after witnessing the conditions. There were other family members that came down from another parish to visit and even they commented on how badly the room smelt. In the past our whole family would stay here and the staff have always been lovely, although they have nearly all moved on, there is still a familiar face in the complex. After this horrible experience sadly we will never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Don't stay
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rohan L
Reviewed 3 July 2016

Clean but shabby lots and lots and lots of wear and tear but functional and clean. Its the only hotel left in Kingston where you can buy a day pass to spend by the pool without paying for a room, good to know if you a renting an city apartment in Kingston and need a day by the pool.
You have got to understand that Jamaicans do not understand about customer service and they are not purposefully being rude its just if you want or need something you have to work it out and ask for it yourself.
The pool is small but adequate but please be warned on the weekends it filled with approx 70 Jamaican kids from 3-18 years on a day pass and the ratio of urine per parts water has your eyes stinging within 2 minutes of contact, the pool looked like putrid cloudy soup, you cannot see the bottom when the pool closes out by 4pm.
It was pretty much what I expected for the price, if you are a down to earth person who expects what they pay for and doesn't moan about inconsequential things and is more interested in enjoying themselves than complaining about stuff -this place will suit you fine. Kingston has loads to offer why are sitting around your room for long enough to notice minor problems!!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Gemma G
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

I had received raving reviews from a friend about this hotel. I was excited as it was not in the hustle and bustle of the city and it was central to everything. By the that's one of the high point of this place.

Let me start at the reception. I had called and made a reservation. On arrival it was not documented. I felt as if I was not spending my money. We were shown to a room it had red ants on the floor and bed. In short it was unkempt.

We were shown to another room it was habitable. Only one clothes hanger in the closet. And the bathroom was very small. There was know telephone and know wifi in the rooms. I had to walk to the restaurant and in the morning I had to call the front desk to get to the kitchen.

This is the 21st century. Basic ammenities such as a telephones should be in the rooms. In case of emergencies we cant reach the operator. Unless this establishment is being marketed as a brothel. I am very unappreciative of the service received.

Apart from those hitches it would have been an ideal stop over. Staff needs to be better trained on customer service.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple