See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 July 2016

Clean but shabby lots and lots and lots of wear and tear but functional and clean. Its the only hotel left in Kingston where you can buy a day pass to spend by the pool without paying for a room, good to know if you a renting an city apartment in Kingston and need a day by the pool.
You have got to understand that Jamaicans do not understand about customer service and they are not purposefully being rude its just if you want or need something you have to work it out and ask for it yourself.
The pool is small but adequate but please be warned on the weekends it filled with approx 70 Jamaican kids from 3-18 years on a day pass and the ratio of urine per parts water has your eyes stinging within 2 minutes of contact, the pool looked like putrid cloudy soup, you cannot see the bottom when the pool closes out by 4pm.
It was pretty much what I expected for the price, if you are a down to earth person who expects what they pay for and doesn't moan about inconsequential things and is more interested in enjoying themselves than complaining about stuff -this place will suit you fine. Kingston has loads to offer why are sitting around your room for long enough to notice minor problems!!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Gemma G
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

I had received raving reviews from a friend about this hotel. I was excited as it was not in the hustle and bustle of the city and it was central to everything. By the that's one of the high point of this place.

Let me start at the reception. I had called and made a reservation. On arrival it was not documented. I felt as if I was not spending my money. We were shown to a room it had red ants on the floor and bed. In short it was unkempt.

We were shown to another room it was habitable. Only one clothes hanger in the closet. And the bathroom was very small. There was know telephone and know wifi in the rooms. I had to walk to the restaurant and in the morning I had to call the front desk to get to the kitchen.

This is the 21st century. Basic ammenities such as a telephones should be in the rooms. In case of emergencies we cant reach the operator. Unless this establishment is being marketed as a brothel. I am very unappreciative of the service received.

Apart from those hitches it would have been an ideal stop over. Staff needs to be better trained on customer service.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denashae
Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

This has to be the WORST hotel in uptown Kingston!!!! The TWIN ROOMS are VERY SMALL and blocks the "Wardrobe" area. The reception area is Outdated, the bar Stinks!!!!! the food is EXPENSIVE, the pool is basic and probably filled with urine! The staff seems fed up and cynical about the quality of the rooms! Even CHELSEA HOTEL is BETTER! The rooms are not the cheapest around so you might be SHOCKED at the quality that you get! STAY AWAY if you are trying to impress someone as this will EMBARRASS you and your partner.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

The Mayfair is a very presentable hotel with gates at the front which are manned by a security guard. There are 4/5 'villas' which hold around 4/5 rooms in each.

The room we stayed in was a little small and outdated, but sufficient for a 2 night stay.

There are also 2 bar/restaurants in the precinct which are very good for its variety and quality of food.

Would recommend for a short stay again.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

From I been traveling this is the worst hotel I stayed into. Two days into our holidays we decided to stop in Kingston for few days. This place was recommended as affordable but decent. It's nothing but dirty bathroom towels and place. The room we stayed in was so small we could not open our suitcases properly every was dirty the air conditioning kept us up all day because of the noise by the morning we had a headache so bad we thought we were going to pass out. Please take a look at the photos I post before you decide on staying at this horrible place.

Stayed: January 2016