“Paradise found, in High Heaven”
High Heaven - Grenada High Heaven - Grenada
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
High Heaven - Grenada
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
sophiacoy
Oakland, California
“Paradise found, in High Heaven”
Reviewed 15 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

I spent 16 heavenly days in High Heaven and I wish I was still there.. This gem is at the top of a small hill overlooking the bay, a 10 minute drive from the Carenage. Imagine waking up to a rainbow hugging your entire view. The airy open floor plan allows you to fully enjoy the incredible views, the amazing sunsets, short rainfalls, rainbows... The property is full of tropical plants, fruit, a variety of views. The owner, Maria, is one of the most gracious, friendly and accommodating hosts I have ever encountered. Her rental offers not only comfort, views, proximity to everything but also an incredible collection of books and art. Much of it is hers, as she is an artist herself, with a focus on glass. The property is fully equipped to guarantee everything you will want. The friendly gardener dropped off mangoes, cut from the back yard. Do walk down the hill to the beaches at the bottom, and the 15 minute hike up the hill is worth it. Great cleaning service. I felt like an honored guest. I hope I can go back one day

CaitlinC7...
Portland, Oregon
“Peaceful stay with beautiful views”
Reviewed 28 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

A friend and I stayed here for about a week, and it was a wonderful, peaceful place to unwind at the end of each day. The views are stunning, and I enjoyed that we were able to cook meals and make drinks in the little kitchen. Overall very charming, and I ended up reading several books from Maria's well stocked bookshelf. Staying here felt like living a little slice of the local life.

Your age range 25-34
defreitas...
London, United Kingdom
“Dangerous and False photos!”
Reviewed 30 March 2017 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

My husband and I booked high heaven apartment for our holiday in May 2016 with our 2 children. By looking at the photos we felt the property was suitable for children, I contacted the company to confirm the property was suitable for our family; they confirmed it was. We arrived at High Heaven and greeted by the homeowner Maria who was very lovely initially. Within an hour of being in high heaven we realised we couldn't risk stating at high heaven as it posed too much of a danger to our children. The stairs did not have a hand rail and has a steep drop! The property is open plan to abother sense! There is no outside wall only a parapet around the building which did not even reach my daughters knee. The photos of the garden area are very outdated, there was no outdoor seating area....just an old ladder and work bench area.The homeowner is a glass maker so theres lots of sharp pieces of glass sculptures around the apartment.
We spoke to the homeowner and explained our reluctance to stay. SHe said she understood however when we contacted the company after vacating the property they said Maria had said we were to blame.The property is beautiful but completely unsuitable for a family with children and definitely not suitable for elderly guests due to the stairs and the fact that it is situated at the top of a very steep hill which means you would HAVE to drive!

Graham C
Newbury Park
“Heavenly stay”
Reviewed 27 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

My wife and myself spent two weeks at this property in mid-December 2015. This was our second stay at this beautiful place in recent years. Maria met us at the airport, and gave us her lovely rum punch on arrival at the house. The spacious living/dining room has a stunning view of the sea and luscious greenery below. The house has some of our host's art works which we liked. The open aspect of living/dining room is never a problem, even at night in December the temp. never goes below below 25 centigrade. There are curtains if the rain did get heavy, but the overhang on the house prevents 90% of the rain even coming in. We had the master bedroom this time with a King size bed, and the netting on the bed made me think of the film "Out of Africa". We slept very well in this bed. The kitchen and bathroom were both clean and adequately equipped. Again (as on our previous stay) Leslie the gardener brought us fruits from the garden to supplement our breakfast. We would say that renting a car is a must here, and Maria on our request arranged a local car hire firm, we rented a Rav 4 which could cope with the hills on the island. I noted that the temperature never went above 32 centigrade during our stay, also the island is blessed with some cooling breezes. There must be something in the water that makes the people of Grenada friendly - they love a joke. Maria herself was very helpful and cheerful, and respected our privacy, but was on hand if required, as she was staying in the flat beneath the house. I would highly recommend this rental.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
piotr7771...
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location on the hillside, outstanding views, close to St.George's and beaches”
Reviewed 22 September 2015 for a stay in January 2015

Maria greeted us on the airport (even though the flight from London was 1.5 hrs delayed), she drove us to the house, showed us around the property and offered a traditional rum punch - a welcome drink.
The house is located on top of the hill and at the end of the road, facing the Caribbean Sea , great and picturesque location with an amazing view- you can watch cruise ships in the morning coming into St.George's terminal, sailing boats during the day and amazing sunsets over the sea in the evenings.
The house was very comfortable ( I stayed with my wife in one bedroom and my 73 year old mother was staying in the other bedroom).The bedrooms are very airy and spacious with a comfortable double bed in one bedroom and water bed in the other one). Each bedroom has got an en suite bathroom with a walk in shower. One of the bedrooms has got glass windows and air condition and the other one open air windows with wooden shutters allowing the natural fresh breeze into it ( very pleasant sensation when you sleep there).
The house has got an open air living room on the first floor, very spacious and comfortable with sofas, armchairs, hammocks and open air dining area with dining table and 8 chairs. The kitchen is fully equipped and suitable for self catering.
There is a parking space for 2-3 cars in front of the house.
The house is surrendered by a huge tropical garden with papayas, mangoes, passion fruit, sour soap, orange and lemon trees. One can feel Eco friendly atmosphere with a few goats and wild chicken wondering around the garden. There are sitting areas and large BBQ in the garden.
Lesley - the gardener comes each morning to the garden to feed the animals and water the plants, he was very friendly and brought us papayas for breakfast every morning.
The maid is coming twice a week to take care of the house and change the beddings.
I celebrated my 50th Birthday there and in my opinion it was a perfect place for such an occasion.
Maria - the property owner has her own private flat and her artist studio downstairs - she is a very kind, cheerful and lovely lady, always very helpful whenever necessary.
We regret leaving our 'home away from home' and will definitely return there to spend another great holiday.
I would highly recommend this letting to any future holidaymakers!!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing