“what went wrong???”

Victory Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 85 Restaurants in St. George's
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Located in Port Louis Marina Happy hour every day at 5pm. Friday has a good Texas Slow-smoked BBQ.
Reviewed 21 April 2022

So I recently sailed down to Grenada and took the Capt and crew for dinner as we were docked in Port Louis Grenada...Lovely marina by the way...the night we had dinner there it was excellent...no problems..however I have been back to Grenada four times since and have gone back to Victory Restaurant and Bar and I cannot explain to my guests why the food is crap...had it up till last night and everything was a flop...blacken grouper...was swimming in oil..fish was seasoned with cajun pepper and tasted horrible, my kids had gyros, pizza and it was all horrible...so hopefully this message gets to management...get a new kitchen staff and waiter staff...because I would never be going back a fifth time...

Date of visit: April 2022

Reviewed 27 March 2022

This is a very nice restaurant with a wonderful view of the port. Food is good and the service is nice.

Date of visit: March 2022
Reviewed 6 March 2022

I ordered the pulled pork and the Mrs got a salad and we both regretted our decisions. The food was ok, but nothing worth ordering again. The pizzas looked very good and, if we were to return, we would probably order those.

Date of visit: March 2022
Reviewed 26 January 2022

Had the pleasure / displeasure of dining at this restaurant today. Was feeling in the mood for pizza, so we Ordered The Godfather pizza (most expensive pizza on the menu) with additional toppings. Our hostess placed our food and drink orders and we anxiously awaited our meal. The pizza arrived and we awaited plates, napkins and cutlery. I immediately noticed it was burnt, it was evident from the black extra crispy swollen crust. The pizza itself was not properly layered out as most of the stuff gathered to the center. 20mins later still no cutlery etc and no one made attempts to check on us even tho we tried several times to get waited attention. Eventually hunger got the better of us and we started to consume, it was not the worst tasting but all in all would give it a 3 out of 5 in taste. We finished our meal without the aid of cutlery, plates or napkins and once again attempted to get the attention of one of the waiters. Success !! I described my predicament and displayed my frustration and disappointment and asked that it be conveyed to the waiter that was serving us previously. I then proceeded to ask for the bill and here I am waiting for 15 minutes this far for them to return and accept my payment!
If service is a big part of your experience DONT GO THERE !!

Date of visit: January 2022
Reviewed 3 August 2021

I have been to Victory everytime I have been in Grenada but this last time will probably be the last.

While the food is decent and there are drinks available, the service which was not that great to begin with has gotten worse. How does it take FOREVER for the server to come back to the table when there are only 3 other tables???

So mosquitoes are always and issue in Grenada but when in a restaurant you would think they would do things to keep them at bay inside the restaurant...sadly the answer is NO...I was eaten alive inside that restaurant until I was able to spray some off on me. They had fans ALL OVER the restaurant but do you think they were on....NO.

It is a decent place to meet and have drinks but when you add up all the other things I cannot find a way to go back which is sad cause it is a nice spot. The service needs to get better and they desperately need to do something about the mosquitoes!!!

Date of visit: July 2021