Priceline
Easy and fast booking
Taraneh A

money hungry owners

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Jan 2024
During my 1.5-year stay at Bluestar Apartments, I encountered significant issues with the owners, prompting this negative review. Despite the commendable efforts of the on-site staff, my experience with the owners has been disappointing, as it appears their primary focus is on extracting money from tenants rather than ensuring a positive living experience.

My dissatisfaction stems from two incidents involving the same cleaning lady, which resulted in damaged items. In one instance, my perfume was broken, and despite numerous discussions, the owners refused to take responsibility. Their suggestion of acquiring "personal insurance" for a perfume seemed unreasonable. Eventually, they offered a mere $20 credit for a $120 perfume, an inadequate resolution.

The second incident occurred during the last few weeks of my stay. Returning home after a long day on campus, I discovered my shower glass was broken—the same day the cleaning lady had been present. Despite informing management, they not only failed to apologize for the second instance of their staff breaking an item but shockingly charged me over $470 USD for the damages. Their lack of communication and tendency to act as if they were doing a favor by engaging in conversation exacerbated the situation.

I attempted to address the issues privately, delaying this negative review, but the owners not only ignored my attempts to communicate but also exhibited a complete lack of responsiveness. As a student on a tight budget relying on loans, these unexpected charges for someone else's mistakes were particularly burdensome. I take great care of my belongings and find it implausible that I would break a tempered glass shower door under normal circumstances. This incident suggests either faulty materials or internal damage to the glass, which the owners unjustly attempted to blame on me.

Despite the negative interactions with the owners, I must acknowledge the positive aspects of my overall experience. The rooms were clean, the facility well-maintained, and the employees were exceptional. My sense of security and satisfaction, however, was marred by the unprofessional and profit-driven behavior of the owners.
Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
1.0 of 5 bubblesValue
2.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
2.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 26 Feb 2024
Dear Taraneh,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at Blue Star. We appreciate your input, as it helps us to continually improve our services.

We regret to hear about the concerns you raised during your 1.5-year stay with us. Our primary goal has always been to ensure a positive and comfortable living experience for all our tenants, and we are genuinely sorry if we fell short of your expectations.

Regarding the incidents with our cleaning staff and the damaged items, we take such matters seriously and strive to resolve them promptly and fairly. It’s important to note that tenants are encouraged to have personal insurance to cover damages to their belongings within the apartment. While we attempted to look past that and reach a fair resolution prior to your lease end by covering the labor costs for the removal and installation of damaged items, we understand your perspective and apologize if our efforts did not meet your expectations.

We understand the financial burden unexpected charges can pose, especially for students. We always strive to be fair and transparent in our dealings with tenants, and we take your comments seriously in this regard.

It’s important to note that, during your 1.5-year stay, you renewed your lease multiple times, indicating that you had a positive experience with us for the majority of your stay. While we regret that certain incidents led to your decision to leave a one-star review, we believe it does not accurately reflect the overall quality of your stay.

We are pleased to hear that you found our rooms clean, the facility well-maintained, and our staff exceptional. Your sense of security and satisfaction are important to us, and we are committed to addressing the concerns you raised to ensure that future residents have an even better experience.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

Best regards,

The Coconut Two Bedroom Villa at the Maca Bana
3.3 km from Blue Star Apartments & Hotel
5.4 km from Blue Star Apartments & Hotel
View more hotels in St. George's
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 April 2023

We had the most wonderful stay at Blue Star! My husband and I came to Grenada for a week long vacation and we are so happy we picked this accommodation! From the staff to the rooftop pool, every aspect of our stay at blue star was 10/10!

When we first arrived we were greeted by friendly staff who answered all of our questions and gave us so many recommendations around the island! The room itself was modern, beautifully designed, very clean, and the view from our porch was gorgeous! Our view of palm trees, vast green terrain, and beautiful blue water in the distance made us instantly feel relaxed!

The rooftop pool was beautiful, the gym was well equipped, and did I mention they have a spa on their property! We each had a massage and loved every minute of it! Another reason we choose this property was because it was so close to the beach, only a 10-15 minute walk! It is also close to restaurants and beach bars, about 10-15 minutes walk as well! We also felt so secure walking around since the US embassy is a few steps away and the property itself has 24 hour security!

We look forward to coming back to Grenada and staying at Blue Star! Thank you for making our stay and this trip absolutely wonderful!

Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Blue Star, General Manager at Blue Star Apartments & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2024

Thank you, we hope to have you again in the nearby future 😃