“Fantastic place to eat, sadly let down by the service”

The Aquarium Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 85 Restaurants in St. George's
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Expanded and refurbished in September 2009, The Aquarium Restaurant has a stylish yet relaxed atmosphere, right on Magazine Beach with stunning ocean views. Fresh cocktails or lunch under palm trees, fine dining, relaxed lounging… a breezy dining room with two seawater aquariums, bamboo railings and leather couches, a river-stone lounge bar with funky rattan furniture, a new Koi-pond and waterfall from the natural cliff. Local fish carvings and 3D paintings reflect the tropical underwater scenery.
Reviewed 8 June 2024

Location 10/10,
food 10/10, service about 3/10. We visited numerous times over a two month stay in grenada. Always had to wait an absolute age even to order a drink or receive a menu. Most table staff didn't have a clue, the odd one tried her best. Shame really, If the lunchtime service was improved it really would be on my top 3 of places I have eaten in the Caribbean EVER.

Date of visit: February 2024
1  Thank Acswood777

Reviewed 26 May 2024

My husband and I always go to aquarium when we are in Grenada. We are usually happy with the service.
In this trip I brought my family to the restaurant.
The chefs are great - the food is good. The guys on the bar are great as well.
The restaurant is let down by a few really miserable waitresses who make you feel so uncomfortable to ask for anything. It’s as if your presence is an inconvenience to them. I do think the place needs oversight as I am mindful that when the owner is around things feel different.
When you are paying $700 for dinner you want to leave feeling happy. Although the food was good the attitude spoilt the experience and then to be told there was a compulsory $56 tip on the bill was the worst!!

Date of visit: May 2024
1  Thank Shantelle Q
Reviewed 30 April 2024

Good was really good! Thank you for the great service. I look forward to coming to grenada again for this wonderful scenery

Reviewed 18 April 2024

My husband and I enjoyed a leisurley, delicious lunch at this casual, pretty outdoor/covered patio restaurant. On Sundays, the entire menu is grilled. Servers were friendly and explained the various menu choices. We had to have the fresh grilled fish, prepared two ways. Several sides of veg/potatos/salads offered. Chose a lovely bottle of French rose wine. Apparently, the entire large restaurant fills up every Sunday afternoon as live music is offered at 3pm. We were told by several people at the hotel where we were staying that reservations are crucial as it is a very popular place. Gorgeous views. Recommended! Food was outstanding.

Reviewed 11 April 2024 via mobile

We booked the restaurant after great reviews but unfortunately our visit was very disappointing!
Our reservation was at 7.15pm, we arrived on time but it was not the greatest welcome we received. Once at the table a very helpful young Waitress came to take our drinks order, worryingly she liked to talk rather than concentrating on what we wanted. 2 bottles of wine ordered, one turned up, for me 20 mins later to go and ask for the other bottle. We ordered our food & starter arrived at 8.15pm, a bit of a wait & no water top up or service during that time. Then another 1 hour wait for our mains. I ordered the seafood linguine, this was tasteless, bland and the shrimps were like bullets, my Wife’s and Sisters orders were wrong as in the sides and at this point 9.15pm we were just past it.
All around us other people were waiting for food or continually asking for their bills.
After complaining about our experience my main was removed from the bill but we were not made to feel welcome on arrival, staff incompetence & very normal food didn’t add up to what the bill was, in my opinion.

1  Thank H4635IUjohnb