“Unrealistic”

The Aquarium Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 85 Restaurants in St. George's
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Expanded and refurbished in September 2009, The Aquarium Restaurant has a stylish yet relaxed atmosphere, right on Magazine Beach with stunning ocean views. Fresh cocktails or lunch under palm trees, fine dining, relaxed lounging… a breezy dining room with two seawater aquariums, bamboo railings and leather couches, a river-stone lounge bar with funky rattan furniture, a new Koi-pond and waterfall from the natural cliff. Local fish carvings and 3D paintings reflect the tropical underwater scenery.
Reviewed 24 November 2023

Walked over from our resort for dinner, place was about 60-65% empty and they wouldn’t seat us. The bar of approximately 24 seats around it had only 3 people sitting there and we were told it would be too congested to seat us there. All around unfriendly service for a place that likely relies on tourism. Very unfortunate.

1  Thank Kara P

Reviewed 15 November 2023

Went for a family lunch atmosphere is amazing.
Staff were excellent service was great.
Ordered steak,chips and salad food was delicouous my only criticism would be the chips they were like a fast food chain chips really thin.We would have preferred steak chips with our steak as they got really soggy with the steak sauce.
Triple cooked chips would have made all the difference.
Still loved it and can't wait to return.

Reviewed 8 November 2023 via mobile

Ambiance, setting, food and service. Lovely location but difficult to find and parking not so easy. However we love it there.

Reviewed 1 September 2023

We thoroughly enjoyed our time and meal at the Aquarium. The food was amazing, the atmosphere was great and the view was amazing as well! We will definitely be back!!! 😎😎

Date of visit: August 2023
Reviewed 23 August 2023

This was the worst dinning experience I've ever had. I was looking forward to dinning at this restaurant whiles on vacation and was very excited to finally go. Disappointed would be an understatement to describe my experience. I will NEVER go there nor would I recommend this place to anyone not even my worst enemy.
The bartender had a horrible attention very stinks the worst I've seen so far for someone in the service industry. I ordered a drink and wasn't made to my liking honestly it wasn't very good it was completely tasteless the worst I've ever had. So I kindly call the waitress to explain to her that I didn't like it and would like something else which she apologized for and said would be remade. It didn't make much of a difference cuz the drink was still horrible. So I said that it was ok and that I would just like a glass of wine instead. The bartender came to my table to ask what was wrong with the drink and I kindly responded telling him that it is honestly tasteless. He then said to me that I don't know how to make the the dink I don't know what it entails I was honestly shocked by that response but still didn't respond in angry but said that infant I do know how to make the drink and what it entails because I've been working in the industry for many years so I know that this isn't made right. He then started to argue with me and my table saying telling me no I don't know what it entails or how it's supposed to tase or how to even make the cocktail even to go as far as listing the ingredients. I then said well there was no need for that because I already know what's in it and I can't take any of them so what was the point in listing them he then said to me that I should come to the bar to make my own drink if it's so bad. I was honestly so upset after all this I just wanted to leave the place my appetite and the excitement I had for the place was gone and it was all because of one staff member as someone who works in that industry I was honestly shocked that a staff would speak to a guest in that manner since I was in the middle of eating my main course I just let my waitress know that I ni longer wanted anything to drink nor would I like dessert or anything else and that I would like my bill and we just left the place. They need to send this man back to learn how to make cocktails and how to interact with guest.

Date of visit: August 2023