“Amazing location, Fabulous food, Delightful service”

The Aquarium Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 84 Restaurants in St. George's
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Expanded and refurbished in September 2009, The Aquarium Restaurant has a stylish yet relaxed atmosphere, right on Magazine Beach with stunning ocean views. Fresh cocktails or lunch under palm trees, fine dining, relaxed lounging… a breezy dining room with two seawater aquariums, bamboo railings and leather couches, a river-stone lounge bar with funky rattan furniture, a new Koi-pond and waterfall from the natural cliff. Local fish carvings and 3D paintings reflect the tropical underwater scenery.
Reviewed 2 January 2023 via mobile

This is a fantastic restaurant. It’s right on a perfect Caribbean beach and has a real great atmosphere. The food and cocktails are fantastic. Especially the lobster - I think the freshest, tastiest we have ever eaten - we tried it thermador, garlic butter and even Caribbean curry - they were huge as well and very reasonable. But the biggest thing was the lovely, friendly staff (especially Petlyn) who could not do enough for you and always with a big friendly smile. They do get busy so don’t expect New York fast food timing - but we found the whole team awesome - perhaps the best restaurant during our 10 day stay. Loved it !

Reviewed 2 January 2023 via mobile

We visited on 31st December 2022, whilst we hadn't made a booking I assumed from the website we would be able to get food at either the beach bar or in the restaurant. The drinks service at the Beach bar was atrocious, very long waits and unfriendly, also the prices are ridiculously high. At 12 lunchtime I asked if I could have a menu, the reply was "have you booked" when I replied no I was told it was fully booked. When I pointed out at that time nobody was eating he said they were coming soon. I asked if we could get food at the tables by the bar (all but one empty) he just said no. Also the sun lounges that they charge 15 dollars for two are mostly broken and definitely the worse we had seen in the Caribbean. The beach is beautiful, bur so you don't have a special day ruined like I did is bring your own food and drink and have a picnic here. Don't use this poorly run and overpriced restaurant and save your money and your patience.

Reviewed 29 December 2022 via mobile

We booked to eat dinner here because of all the great reviews. What a mistake. Terrible service, literally 2 hours and 25 minutes till we got some of our food - rest was forgotten. And, it was obviously put together in haste after we followed up a lot.... and was lukewarm from defrosting. Terrible. Don't bother going.

Reviewed 8 December 2022

Taken by our friends who live on Grenada, this has got to down as one of the best restaurants on the island. Superb waterside location, beautiful beach, lapping water, very good food and rum punch that put hairs on this Yorkshireman’s chest. The tuna starter excellent and the jerk styled chicken had a real West Indian bite – lovely. Caribbean service if you know what I mean. We’ll be back, but it might be another 34 years….

Date of visit: November 2022
Reviewed 3 December 2022

After reading some of the good reviews, I thought I'd give it a try. My husband and I came for dinner. The setting on the beach is beautiful, thus the 2 stars, but the interior felt like an average chain restaurant found at home. I didn't feel like I was in the Caribbean at all. The service was terrible, with a glum waitress serving us with no smile. She never came back to check on us. My husband had to go to the bar to ask for another drink. We both had the fish, catch of the day. The swordfish tasted bland; salt and pepper with lemon. The rice tasted out of a box. The vegetables were okay. There were mosquitoes; bring bug spray since they didn't have any. I cannot recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank monterrey2012