“A beautiful setting with very good food”
Review of Laluna Restaurant

Laluna Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 84 Restaurants in St. George's
Cuisines: Caribbean, Italian, International, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Laluna´s intimate environment of the thatched roof dining room restaurant opens directly onto the beach, offering guests a romantic view of the bay. Our intimate size, with a seating capacity for only 48 diners, will provide the perfect ambiance for guests to experience the tempting dishes prepared by our Italian Chef. The organic garden provides fresh vegetables that chef uses for his daily specialties.The sunset bar and lounge is the perfect setting to relax and unwind at the end of the day, offering daily HAPPY HOUR 5-7pm. Live music every Sunday from 5-8pm with Urban and Friends
Reviewed 15 November 2022 via mobile

Very cool place
Bailey banana colada excellent
Blue curaçao rum drink very good
Papardelle excellent
Seafood spaghetti excellent
Rigatoni very good
Fresh fish with butter excellent

Tiramisu excellent
Profiteroles fair

Date of visit: November 2022
LalunaOwner, Owner at Laluna Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2023

Dear Guest, thank you for posting such a great review on your dining experience with us at Laluna. ciao

Reviewed 21 September 2022 via mobile

I was staying at the resort and as there isn't much nearby unless you're willing to pay an extortionate cab fee! I ended up eating here quite a bit. The food is mainly Italian, funny as I was originally supposed to go to Italy but had to change to Grenada!
Anyway EVERYTHING I tried here was amazing.
BREAKFAST
Service could have been with a smile and attentive (a common theme I found at Laluna service was no existent and abrupt)
I had the yoghurt parfait and omelette so so good! The fresh juice was a let down I did ask whether I can have mango and the answer was no...although they had fresh mangoes! Good coffee too.

LUNCH.
I had lunch here twice. First time I had the octopus salad which was divine and the second time the Seafood salad and antipasti..the salad was so so good I could have eaten that all day long! The antipasti was a major let down.

DINNER
I probably had some of the best pasta here - pasta normally is something I hardly eat as I can never get it right! I had the laluna paperdelle, the pasta ragu, lobster and the fish tartar. All so so delicious could not fault it. They tend to have a different chefs special of pasta, catch of the day and risotto each night.
Desserts are probably a let down here. I have a massive sweet tooth and I didn't really rate any of their desserts. The ice cream was probably my favourite thing!

BAR.
An amazing place to see the sunset,cocktail are half decent too not amazing but decent with a resort of this expense you'd expect cocktails made from fresh fruit and from scratch not from cheap ready made juices. Very expensive too. The whole place is.

I would definitely recommend having dinner here if you want good Italian food.

Date of visit: September 2022
3  Thank saintlysinner
Reviewed 5 September 2022

Came here for dinner with my girlfriend for her birthday celebration. I had reserved in advance and informed the restaurant that it was a special occasion. They did not disappoint! We had a special table set up for us on the beach, with candlelight and a trail of flower petals on the floor. A big shout to Trina at the frontdesk/reservations for organising this for me!

The decor of the restaurant is really luxurious; its certainly a cut above the standard restaurants. The service was absolutely impeccable; it was a hot night and I was very thirsty, and our waitress filled my glass with water at least 3 times, without me requesting. Our wine glasses were also kept topped up with prosecco.

The food itself was excellent. I had the catch of the day, which was grilled red snapper and assorted grilled veg. My girlfriend had the Scaloppine al Marsala, a very tender steak cut into thin strips.

We were planning on ordering a dessert but before we had the chance to, the waitresses came with a surprise celebratory chocolate cake and ice cream, complete with sparkler for my girlfriend. They also sang Happy Birthday to her. A really lovely touch, and a very nice surprise for my girlfriend.

As is to be expected of a luxury resort, the price of the meal was not cheap. Prices were in USD and did not include tax or service charge, so be warned in advance. Its not somewhere to eat every day, but for a very special occasion definitely worth it.

The only downside to my experience at La Luna is that I had hoped to book a spa treatment here for my girlfriend as part of her birthday treat, but the spa was actually closed on her birthday (a Monday), so we had to go elsewhere for this.

Despite this, I would thoroughly recommend La Luna if you are wanting to dine in style and celebrate a special occasion while in Grenada.

Date of visit: August 2022
1  Thank 226rich
Reviewed 23 August 2022 via mobile

Superb food and staff, the ambiance is serene and relaxing. It’s a secluded restaurant with superb Italian food. We were able to make a last minute reservation and they accommodated well.

Date of visit: August 2022
Reviewed 9 June 2022 via mobile

My husband and I came to LaLuna for my birthday lunch. The food was full of flavour and every mouthful was sublime. They also gave me a complimentary Happy Birthday desert which was so thoughtful. The service was friendly and faultless and the resort is a calm and relaxing haven right on the beach.

Date of visit: June 2022