“Near True Blue Bay Resort for an alternative meal”

Bananas Restaurant & Sports Bar
Ranked #62 of 207 Restaurants in Grenada
Cuisines: Fast food
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Thank you for visit our Trip Advisor page for Bananas (Grenada). Please leave your review if you've experienced our sports bar, night club and like our fast food.If you've dined at the "Grill House" please leave your review on the appropriate page.Thank you
Reviewed 23 February 2018

We visited Bananas twice during our stay for a pizza or cheesy chips and a couple of beers. The atmosphere was friendly and welcoming and was a change from the hotel restaurant.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Sue B

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

We had a hamburger and burrito along with fries. All of it was very good. Saw a pizza that looked very good. Would go back.
They also have specials during the week.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 19 October 2017

We stayed on the island and needed a night out. Bananas had some good drinks with awesome music. There are different sections of the club so you can explore. There is also food on site.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

During my visit to the Spice Isle, a couple friends suggest that we go to the club because it's a great party spot in Grenada and i wanted to go out. Everything was great up until we decided to buy drinks.
Its such a shame the level of ignorance we were greeted with by a male bartender in one bar and a female in another.
When we got to the bar there was no one there ordering drinks so i ordered a cocktail (im not sure if the guy knew what i wanted or he jus didnt care because of my ethnicity) and then I ordered drinks for my friends. We waited a couple minutes and then this Caucasian guy came and ordered some drink, its almost five minutes now and the Caucasian guy got his drink and was paying, i called out to the bartender and he told me he's coming, then another group of guys came and their drinks came before the ones i ordered (10minutes now) i got angry and started cursing to my friends (the music was so loud no one knew what i was saying) the bartender realising im upset looked at me and rolled his eyes, the same time another bartender came in to help me , but he was stopped by d bartender who i had ordered drinks from at first and d guy whispered something in his ears and then he just left without serving us drinks (but i guess he told him not to serve me because why would he come to serve me and then dont but go to other customers?)
My friends (who were locals) felt so embarrassed that they lef me there and i left shortly and went to the other bar and when i just ordered a bottle of water was told they had none (a bar with no water) after i went to order a beer (my friends all settled for beers) i was told the bar was closed.

Was it my ethnicity or was it the people i was with, will never return, staff and service is the worse i have ever experienced.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We only called for a drink in a pleasant bar that seems to be aimed at the younger generation, but the staff were very polite and helpful and we enjoyed our visit. The food being served in a separate take-away area seemed to be varied and of good quality and price, and included a range of vegetarian options should you be looking for a quick veggie snack. No car park so limited street parking outside.

Date of visit: August 2017