Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$342
US$332
Bookit.com
US$555
US$355
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$258
Excellence Resorts
US$199
US$188
Melia.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$212/night.

Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$365
US$310
Melia.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$374/night.

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$211
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$210
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$475
US$421
Priceline
Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$315
US$297
US$243
US$213
10,500 results
All reviewsbarcelo premiumgabriel chocolatejulio iglesiasquiet poolswim up barrock climbing wallrenovated roomocean viewkids pooltex mexa la carte restaurantsbeautiful beachseafoodgreat vacationpalm treespicky eaterrecommend this resort
Reviewed 2 May 2018

We traveled to Punta Cana April 23-29 for my husbands birthday,

* Pros:
Lovely resort, clean, organized and efficient, friendly staff (especially Carlos Front desk), clean beach, plenty of food and variety, plenty of drink, plenty of chairs no need to get up at 6am to hold a chair unless you want an umbrella, but you could still find a chair regardless, rooms air conditioning worked great especially with a fan as well. Plenty of workers, security presence is always there.

* Cons: Rooms dated could use some upgrading, food overly salted, table linen ripped or stained, which is understandable with the amount of customers passing through, but could be maintained, could you use more shops,

All in all we had a great time, we would definitely return to this resort.

Thanks

Room Tip: Choose a room on the Oceanfront
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Marcos C, Director General at Occidental Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Firstly we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your impressions regarding your recent stay at our Occidental Caribe hotel, it is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and improve upon the service that we provide to our guests.

We are also very pleased to read that you found our réception team to be knowledgeable, helpful and genuinely friendly at all times.

We regret that our food couldn´t meet your expectations, mainly because the quality and the diversity of our culinary offer counts to our strengths. We take your comments regarding our cuisine very seriously, because we wish that our gastronomy remains a very special treat for our guests.

Thank you once again for making us your choice hotel and for your constructive critics, we certaily look forward to serving you again and to have the opportunity to exceed you expectations in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

So we visited this resort for a week starting April 22. We were two couples. This was my husband and my first trip to the Dominican Republic. I am so happy that we chose this resort from the many we looked at. What did it for me was the picture of the resort and how close it was to the beach. The staff we amazing and so friendly and helpful. The always looked like they were having a good time and made you feel good. The food was really good. I eat a low carb diet and had no problems finding things to eat. We ate at a couple of the restaurants and WOW the Italian was amazing. I had the beef tenderloin, it was cooked perfectly. The Seafood restaurant was really good as well. The rooms was very very well appointed and very clean. The mini fridge was stocked everyday. The shower was amazing and the beds very comfortable. We had a room overlooking the pool area and could also see the beach. OMG I almost forget about the chicken wings that they served at the little burger place near the pool. They were out of this world!!!!! The staff are very hard worked who always had a smile on their faces. They are a big part of our most enjoyable stay. I know I previously talked about the staff but I had to again as we felt so comfortable and at home here. My husband ate at the pizza restaurant for lunch and really liked it. We went to see a few shows and they were pretty good, we missed the Micheal Jackson show that I hear is amazing. Twice while we were here sellers set up tables in the little court yard to sell their stuff. I bought a couple of paintings and some jewelry, they like to barter so if that your thing you'll love it. I was happy to see this as I wanted to buy some local things to bring home. We arrived around 12ish and we were told to go get some lunch and by time we were done our rooms would be ready, which was great cause we were all really hungry. I did alot of research and read alot of reviews before we decided to book here. I must say that I have NO IDEA way anyone would write a negative review about this place everything was perfect. When I come back to Punta Cana I will certainly make sure I stay at the Occidental Caribe for sure. If you are booking her and have any questions I would be happy to answer them if I can.

5  Thank Cynthia N Patri... M
Marcos C, Director General at Occidental Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time you spent to share your feedback on your recent stay at our Occidental Caribe, to be considered as one of the best hotels you stayed at is certainly high praise.

Your enthusiasm for our staff is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation, we will certainly not fail to convey your very kind compliments to all of them.

At Occidental Caribe we know that meals are an important aspect of our guests' overall holiday expérience in our hotels, this is why our team of Chefs prepare for each service a wide variety of delicacies to cater for all diet requirements and please the most demanding palates, we are therefore very pleased that we could satisfy yours.

Last but not least, thorough cleaning being an absolute must for Occidental Caribe we thank you for highlighting the cleanliness of our hotel; we strive to give total confidence in this area, being fully aware that this is basic for a comfortable holiday expérience in any hotel.

Once more we thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday and very much look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Best Regards

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I and another couple booked this resort for our first time in Punta Cana.
We found check In to be smooth and were given rooms in a great location 3247 and 3243. Close to everything and a view of the pool.
The rooms are spacious with ice cold AC, a mini fridge with beer, water and soda. There is a hair dryer and magnifying mirror in the bathroom and an iron and ironing board in the closet.
I see others say the rooms are dated but I didn't really notice it terribly. Beds were comfy, shower head was awesome lots of pressure.
The bathroom has terrible lighting however for ladies whom might want to use the magnifying mirror for make up good luck!
The king size bed also had 4 king size pillows that were very comfy.
We did have some trouble initially with the lighting as there are several wall switches plus light switches but after messing around we got everything working.
The pools are great, large and warm like bath water. Different areas are different depths. We were always able to find chairs around the pool or the beach with no issue. The beach is great too again lots of chairs and several shades areas under the trees. The waves can be tough you need to be prepared for them to hit you.
Food at the buffet was decent for the most part with breakfast being the best meal of the day. The pizza place was great but as someone else mentioned you have to eat there not take it with you which can be annoying. We also are at the snack bar often which usually offered hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, and fried chicken. The buffet near the pool would be open in the afternoon and again from 11pm to 5am which is convenient. Italian restaurant was good but the Dominican not great.
Now for the not so good stuff....we were told on the drive to the resort that it is busier during the weekend as locals come in. He wasn't kidding....starting Friday night it was ridiculous! Party central with several loud, drunk locals around the pool and bar. Some of the guys were quite obviously there to pick up some women and were putting on quite a show. We witnessed guys climbing up and down the balconies and another younger girl that stood up on the pool bar and jumped down slipping when doing so landing on her back. The whole time there was an employee in red and white either a life guard or security standing around chatting to a couple guys and he only once wagged his finger at them and kept chatting.
The resort was over run by locals consisting of young ppl partying as well as entire families with several kids. The families weren't bad but the young people were terrible. So rude and ignorant. They would jump in front of people I lines...tried to get served first at the bar by yelling the names of the servers or going directly to the front of the line. The frustrating part is several times they would serve them before others.
Saturday and Sunday the pool entertainment turned into entertainment for them with all microphone communication being in Spanish with only the odd English word. I bet they didn't pay near as much as what we did to be there.
We were not the only ones to notice all of this as several others expressed the same grievances.
So although we did enjoy the resort and what it offered we would rethink returning because of the local young people and the weekend atmosphere.
Also a couple times a week there are vendors set up near the pool area just outside the main stairway going from the hotel lobby to the pool. It would be nice to browse if they would allow u to buy they are on you like flies. I did look once but told the guy if he was pushy I wouldn't. Every time you started exiting the main building to head to the pool they would tell to you to come see. They wouldn't let up until you told them enough or got rude with them. Again being in the resort this should not be permitted. Sure let them set up to sell but dont harrass the guests. I'm sure everyone can see the tables set up and if they avoid the area they are not I treated and dont require persuasion to the extreme. I had it one day and gruffly told the guy I was good...he replied that he was just doing his job. Well as far as I'm concerned if they are going to harass the guests they shouldn't be allowed to set up there.
One last comment is upon checking out I found the lady very rude although I'm not sure that was her intention or more a language barrier. She ordered me to SIGN! Several times with no pleasantries whatsoever as well as telling me to "have a nice life" when done checking me out. Lol I was a bit surprised but assumed she didn't know how she came across as I gave her no reason to be rude.
Fix the issues with the local over run weekend party and I might consider another trip!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CoolCanuckChick

Dear Guest,

In Occidental Caribe we strongly believe that there is always room for improvement and your comments will assist our team in their continuous efforts aimed at meeting our guests' expectations, therefore we greatly appreciate the time you took out of your day to share your constructive critics.

Thank you for pointing out the beauty and comfort of our newly refurbished accommodations designed to make our guests' stay as comfortable as possible with design furniture and the latest technology, being fully aware that an attractive accommodation plays a key role to our guests' overall holiday expérience, we are therefore very pleased to read that you were satisfied with yours.

We also greatly appreciate your comments on the quality and variety of our buffets because our talented team of Chefs strive to ensure a wide variety of both local and international delicacies for each service to please all palates, it is indeed very rewarding to read that we were able to conquer yours.

We do apologize for the technical problems you encountered in your room about the ligth, there are absolutely no excuses for details to be overlooked as all rooms should be thoroughly checked on a daily basis, we will make sure that the procedure is being reinforced.

We certaily look forward to serving you again and to have the opportunity to exceed you expectations in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Make reservations food in the buffet is mediocre the restaurant are a little better.
Bring a big cup you can carry around there’s always a line at the bar.
Good pool and beach facilities are clean and bed are comfortable.

Dear Guest,

The vision of our clients is the key to complete guest satisfaction, therefore we are very grateful for the time you spent writing this review.

We also regret that our food couldn´t meet your expectations, mainly because the quality and the diversity of our culinary offer counts to our strength, we take your comments regarding our cuisine very seriously, because we wish that our gastronomy remains a very special treat for our guests.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Our trip was amazing!! We loved the Italian and Japanese food!! The resort was very clean and tidy, staff was attentive and helpful! The entertainment lasted all day long. My only complaint was that the pool closes at 7, I wish they were open later because we like night swimming!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank acombs115
Marcos C, Director General at Occidental Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dear Guest,

We always find it nice to read that our guests went home with great holiday memories and we are very grateful for the time and effort you spent to share your personal experience at our Occidental Caribe hotel with us and Tripadvisor readers.

Thank you for your very nice compliments for our team, they do work very hard every day to make sure our guests feel well attended to at all times and definitely are an asset to our hotel, we will certainly relay your praising comments to all of them and we are sure they will be pleased to know their efforts have been appreciated.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Best Regards