Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,535 results
All reviews pool party la isabela scooby doo pool bar breakfast and dinner specialty restaurants evening entertainment buffet restaurant family vacation palm trees dominican republic main restaurant hotel is beautiful steak an amazing job wait staff entertainment team
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 January 2021

The hotel requires wearing masks during meals, check the temperature at each breakfast, and wash antibacterial liquid on hands at every step. I saw a situation in the swimming pool area where young people breached the 1.5m distance, and they did not want to understand the seriousness of the COVID situation and were laughing at the manager straight in the face. Question where is the security ?? How are You want to keep the distance of such behavior is allowed? First of all, talk to children who did not keep their distance, if this does not help, call their parents (which was not done) and call security (which was also not done). If the rules of distance are violated, they have to act quickly and decisively, not like the facility manager, walk from group to group and repeat who is more intelligent. A lot of people saw tis stituation! If we are required to use masks and covid restrictions (there are a lot of them during a pandemic, restrictions in themed restaurants, no bar in the room, etc.), staff must do eveeything to keep dostance beetven guest especiall when other guest are lauging with everything and short distance next to boss of the staff (this boss have seen this). If guest have to make all resteiction the hotel staff have to takie care of distance all guests!

People wants to feel safe, if you can't ensure it, maybe the hotel needs to be closed?

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Monic762021
RIU Hotels and Resorts, Owner at Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2021

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us your feedback. We always strive to provide an exceptional experience to all our guests and it is always troubling to hear that we missed the mark.

We are surprised by your impression of insecurity regarding the anti-covid measures implemented. We assure you that we apply strict protocols on a daily basis, advised by Preverisk, a prestigious company specialising in health and safety in the tourism sector. Our priority is to ensure that both our guests and our employees enjoy a safe and secure environment.
While we do our best to implement these guidelines, we are saddened to learn that not all of our customers adhere to them.

The situation described in your review does not match our standards and we shall share your words in order to investigate what may have happened and avoid further recurrences.

We hope that you can give us the opportunity to host you again and change your perception about our resort.

Best regards,

Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed 17 January 2021

We stayed at the Riu palace for a week with a big group about 20 or so people and it was fantastic. Sandy at the buffet was so friendly. He did magic for the kids and made the table extra nice for us each time we were there. All around all the staff was friendly and helpful.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ashleyvJ4704RW
Reviewed 12 January 2021 via mobile

Great family vacation, staff very friendly and helpful. Hotel room was very clean, food was fresh and there was a lot of variety at the buffet. Sandy in the restaurant went above and beyond making my birthday celebration extra special.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank baljrl
Reviewed 12 January 2021

I flew from Boston to Baltimore to Punta Cana. Both outbound flights had under 30 people on them. Plenty of room to spread out. Customs and immigration in Punta Cana took minutes as no one was in the airport on a Tuesday. Fill out your customs form online for the DR and you won't have fill them out on the plane. Took Nexus Tours for the transportation to the hotel. Very quick as I was the only one in the van.
Hotel had my room ready. Ate lunch and sat out at the pool. Over the 5 days, I ate dinner at the Japanese, Krystal, and Steak House Specialty Restaurants. all 3 were very good except I had an over cooked Caribbean lobster at the Steak House and should have had the steak. Hence the name Steak House? My only food complaint was they put out the lox at dinner and not with the bagels and cream cheese at breakfast.
Hotel was very clean. Staff were great. Protocols are followed in the common areas and food services. No masks were in use (by guests) at the pool or beach when seated.
Returning on Saturday, the airport was much busier but I was at the gate about 20 minutes after the shuttle dropped me off.

2  Thank Stuart815
Reviewed 10 January 2021

I was in Riu Palace Punta Cana with my family in January 2021. The hotel is recently renovated. The rooms are very clean and spacious. The area of swimmimgpools and the beach are so beautiful! The food so yummy and mouth-watering! The service is very kind and friendly and of course an AMAZING animation team. The girl Luisa was organizing our spare time in very ingenious and different way every single day. I recommend you this place with all of my heart!

Trip type: Travelled with family