3,324 results
All reviews preferred pool preferred club bluewater grill breathless resort julia roberts lil wayne entertainment team the blue water grill private pool french restaurant preferred room scooby doo swim up room adult pool preferred status preferred area family pool
Reviewed 2 May 2018

The overall experience was very good. The staff work extremely hard and are very friendly. One of the best front desk managements I've seen in a while. There was one particular standout staff called Alexis. Its staff like him, that help a hotel go a star rating higher. Food is excellent, top shelf drinks very good, cocktails ok (room for improvement), house red is fine for table wine, the house white wine is terrible (that needs to be addressed). Preferred members pool very nice. The preferred members beach is exactly the same as standard - this area needs to be advanced, to show the difference in areas i.e better beds in this section. Waiter service is very good here at the Onyx - 99% of staff are brilliant. However, Julio (working the beach area - days 24/25th April) - was very bad at his job. He never remembered orders, never smiled and just was a poor representation. I would re-train him and give someone else the opportunity to work the beach (where tips are more forth coming). - tips are optional ....but I do encourage people to support the locals. We are all in the tipping pot of karma. Adults will love the access to Breathless hotel (this is the go-to for apres). Onyx is brilliant for couples, adult groups and families. There are areas for everyone. Last tips to the hotel mgt - put a pool table in the Onyx bar area (close to the restaurants)

Room Tip: swim up pools preferred members side
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
NowOnyxPC, General Manager at Now Onyx Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Hello Iam P,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience.We are glad to know that overall, you had a good time, and that we could exceed your expectations with most of our services. We are sure everyone you have mentioned will be happy to know they enhanced your experience. It is important to us that our guests receive a great service, friendly and respectful at all times. We constantly train our Team on customer service skills, emphasizing on those aspects. We value your heads-up about bar service; we will review your feedback with everyone, and ensure to reinforce our standards in the next training sessions, to prevent a similar experience to future guests. We here remain at your disposal, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2018

now onyx is an excellent resort, staring with our butler zorrilla, he is one of the person that made this vacation out standing, he went out his way to make this trip perfect. i highly recommend now onyx for your vacation and ask for zorrilla to be your butler he is an excellent butler. at the prefer pool the girls are very friendly and julio the waiter at beach is also perfect.

Room Tip: roon on prefer side are quieter
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rosamu

Dear Rosamu,

Thank you for staying with us and for your lovely review. It is good to know that you liked our facilities, the exclusive services and amenities offered at our Preferred Club, and the friendly service from our Team, especially Zorrilla. We appreciate that you recommend us, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2018

We had a fantastic holiday in Punta Cana in early April. The hotel was superb and surpassed anywhere we've stayed in the Caribbean before in terms of quality of food and rooms and facilities offered. Lovely beach with watersports and great activities by the pool.
The staff made our holiday especially the gorgeous Julia Roberts by the main pool bar who was just amazing and plied us with drinks all day. She is definitely our favourite employee for going above and beyond at all times
I have only a slight negative, I had paid extra for Preferred Club which I don't think is worth the extra cost if you have children. My son is 14 so we couldn't use the beautiful Preferred adult pool, although I think many did, and the one children could go in seemed like an afterthought round the back of the hotel. Also the room wasn't cleaned properly, dirt and dust everywhere and some evenings I had to go in search of towels. We only saw our butler twice, the 2nd time I asked if the coffee cups could be replaced which we'd used on the first morning; they never were. We loved the A La Carte lunch restaurant however so only small nigggles which didn't spoil our holiday.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Suzanne S,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you and for your review. We are glad to know that overall, you had a good time, and that we could exceed your expectations with most of our services. We are carrying out important enhancements in our housekeeping procedures, so we can exceed expectations, and we will have your input into account. We apologize for any mishap you may have experienced regarding our host service and the follow up to your requests. It is not our standard in any way, and we will review your comments with the involved departments to prevent a similar situation. We here remain at your disposal, and look forward to welcoming you back anytime.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2018

We recently had our wedding at Now Onyx. The resort is immaculate! You can really tell all the effort they put in to take care of the resort. It truly exceeded my expectations.

To not much surprise, our wedding was the best day of our lives! Manuela was our wedding coordinator, and I had such a stress free wedding day because of her. Everything ran so smoothly I got to enjoy my trip the entire time, and I am forever grateful for that. I am telling you she is the sweetest- We made a comment during conversation that I love strawberries and my husband loves shrimp. On our wedding night they brought me out an entire cake covered in strawberries and my husband a plate of shrimp!!! She is patient, which is needed in a wedding coordinator haha, and she is thoughtful and kind. Thank you just doesn't seem to cover it Manuela.

Also, while I am on the topic of staff, the bartenders at the beach bar were absolutely incredible, and Ivan at the main pool bar. Hilarious, and such a fun time. I feel like us and our guest became friends with them (whether they wanted to or not they were stuck with us haha).

The entire resort area was incredible, but if you are looking for a more exclusive/relaxing area the preferred sections are the place to be. The layout of the preferred pool area is a dream. I never wanted to leave.

Thank you Now Onyx for the memories we will never forget.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Chloe B

Dear Chloe B,

Thank you for celebrating your wedding with us and for your review. We love to know that you had a great vacation with us, and that we could exceed your expectations with our service. We will share your kind comments with everyone, especially Manuela. Now Onyx Punta Cana is your home, and we look forward to welcoming you back anytime.

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 May 2018

We travelled in April 2018 and upgraded to Preferred Club after reading that the pools in all of the main photos were only accessible to the preferred club members.

We enjoyed our stay as a whole, the grounds and hotel rooms are lovely. The standard pool looked pretty average with lots of loud music playing non-stop so we were really pleased we upgraded and could access the adults only PC pool.

The drinks were not much diff in the PC to the standard drinks and the PC "bar" is an office with a check in desk with a bar...I found on the whole that the drinks and food were pretty average. Especially the drinks. In other resorts we have stayed the cocktails are made fresh on the spot, but most of the cocktails available were syrup-y, iced drinks, which were pre-made in machines. They are non-alcoholic as standard and the bartenders just pour rum (non branded) onto the top (so its not mixed in with the cocktails at all). I asked a few times if they could pour at the bottom of the class then add the cocktail but it wasn't understood. It would be good if the PC guests could receive a better menu for drinks and the bartenders could offer to use fresh fruit or less syrupy drinks for the cocktails, made on the spot like in other hotels within the AM resorts groups. I also found it strange that the large beds around the PC pool were $125 dollars a day to rent, after all the guests at the PC pool had already paid quite a bit more to sit around the pool. I think as a goodwill gesture these should be offered free for at least one day of a PC member's stay.

The service from the preferred club pool was excellent! I cannot remember all of the names but Gustavo, the female waitresses (both names started with an "M") and David were particularly friendly and attentive. The service across the whole resort is fantastic, we were constantly greeted and everyone was extremely helpful and friendly.

There is only really one main bar in the evening at the hotel, so its worth going to Breathless next door, which puts on parties and big shows every night.

Overall its a 4 star, not 5 star and I think if we had stayed in the standard section it would be more like a 3.5 star.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jolene12342
NowOnyxPC, General Manager at Now Onyx Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear jolene12342,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you and for your review. We are glad to know that overall, you had a good time, and that we could exceed your expectations with most of our services. Please allow us to comment that although we do not guarantee specific brands, we have top shelf liquor available at all of our bars and a special selection at the Preferred Club. We here remain at your disposal, and look forward to welcoming you back anytime.

Warm regards,