“...you really do get what you pay for”
other travellers have booked this property
Beach Suite King bed
Aerial view of beach front resort Awesome pool, with bar service
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Beach Suite King bed
Aerial view of beach front resort
Awesome pool, with bar service
Beach Suite, double beds
Junior Suite King bed
Junior Suite double beds
Harmony Beach
Harmony Beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
vystra
Rockwood, mi
“...you really do get what you pay for”
Reviewed 13 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

This turned into a long winded review so I could tell you a little about everything...

I was a bit nervous being a first time renter through VRBO and traveling to a foreign country to boot but everything was pretty much as John promised. The driver waiting for us at the airport at 3:00 a.m. Check in was a breeze, I believe our arrival time was the reason. We were the only ones checking in!! We were given gold GM bracelets not gold VIP but I don't really know the difference, we were not limited in any way!

The bar outside of the lobby was open and we did enjoy a Mama Juana (try it, it's a dominican thing). There were late night snacks in the Pearl that left a bit to be desired but we were starved and the dried out burgers and funky looking hot dogs hit the spot LOL!

We stayed in the Confresi Beach Suites. The room was so nice. It's not over the top luxurious, it's a fabulous, budget friendly way to enjoy everything this resort has to offer. The beds were pretty firm but not uncomfortable. The ladies who took care of our room (43301) we're great! I used all of the complimentary conditioner the first day, they noticed and made sure I had extra for the rest of our stay! The mini frig was restocked daily with 2 beers, pop and water.

We got reservations at all of the restaurants we wanted. Here's my ranking..
#1 Bellini - get the lasagna
#2 El Pilon - goat stew..YES, I said goat stew! It looked horrible and was absolutely delicious
#3 Brazilian steak house, I don't remember the name. You don't order, just eat!
#4 Casablanca, then the blue something and then the pearl buffets - omelets are the way to go for breakfast and the menu changes in the evenings...it's buffet food, not great not bad, you can find something.
#5 the funky hot dogs after check in
#6 Mexican - this was the exception for everything. Service, food and atmosphere were all a disappointment. If I go back I will skip this one.

The beach areas were heavenly! I say beach areas because while the resort is on the ocean, there are gated entrances to the actual beach from the different "beaches" that are locked by 7:00 p.m. I thought this was odd at first but it really didn't make a difference after soaking up the sun (and drinks) all day long, we were ready for dinner and the evening out.

My favorite area for lounging was Harmony Beach - hands down! There are these huge cabanas with Adirondack chairs, side tables, a bed in the middle and comfy sofa seating along three sides. There are only four of them in this area so getting there early is a must. And there is only one that looks out onto the ocean - get it!!!

The next would be Lifestyle and the swinging bed and the raised cabanas.
NV is small, comfortable with limited ocean views.
VIP beach is nothing to turn your nose up at but I liked the above areas more.
I was jazzed to go to serenity beach and it was my least favorite. Beds were gone by 9am, it was pretty crowded and without a bed or lounger, there's nowhere to relax.
With the exception of serenity beach, You can walk along the ocean to access the different beach areas.

The service exceeded my expectations. We were treated VERY well from the minute we met up with the driver at the airport. The hotel staff kept everything neat and tidy. The beach staff made sure we had everything we could want. The restaurants staff ran like well oiled machines. And they did it all with a smile and a friendly Ola.

If there is any downside, it would be the size of the resort. It is HUGE. Its a lot of walking and there are a lot of stairs. This might not be great for someone with difficulty getting around..but the old saying, "where there's a Will, there's a way". You can always catch a shuttle!

Don't be turned off by the mixed reviews of the resort. Be smart, understand what IS and IS NOT included before spending your hard earned money and you won't be disappointed!

....and rent from John Wells :)

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Being pampered at the beach
Liked least: The Mexican restaurant
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed 20 March 2015 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beaches!
Liked least: Leaving to go home
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing